In our view, the true measure of success in a resort is its relentless pursuit of excellence. The resorts that stay on top never stop working to delight their guests. In this, our 4th stay in this island paradise, the Moorings continued to exceed all of our high expectations. First and foremost, the staff is always exceptional - blending the right amount of service with a sincere respect for guest privacy. This year, complimentary daily housekeeping was added by guest request. We choose not to partake, but it was a lovely offer. Second, the grounds remain a serene, quiet, elegant, nature preserve. We picked a ripe star fruit and orange from the spectacular fruit trees on the property and enjoyed them with our homemade cocktails. We watched Magnificent Frigate birds and ospreys soar right above our heads as we kayaked out from the Moorings private beach. The other guests we met also return year after year to experience the unique relaxation and peace this former coconut plantation provides. Wonderful for couples of all ages and those families who enjoy scenic tranquility and each other's company. A special tip: For a truly memorable day of fishing, go out with Captain Matt Pribyl for the best backcountry experience ever. The office can arrange it for you. This retreat is truly unique and it remains our favorite place for our annual winter sojourn. Thank you Kelly, Natasha and James - your hospitality always makes us feel completely at home! See you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Once a coconut plantation, The Moorings Village offers one, two and three bedroom villas, cottages and plantation houses with wraparound verandas, colorful Bahamian-style shutters and cypress interiors, each uniquely decorated. Hidden in delightful seclusion under coconut palms are the resort’s magnificent natural white sand beach, heated pool, tennis court and Island Body and Sol Spa, which offers beachfront massage treatments. The Moorings Village offers guests absolute privacy and tranquility with all the comforts of home, including well-equipped kitchens and laundry in most houses, individual dining rooms and living room areas, air conditioning and ceiling fans. Luxury amenities include large screen televisions, elegant hand-painted tiles, oversized soaking tubs and shower stalls, as well as plantation-style porches overlooking the ocean or views of the lushly landscaped grounds. Guests may enjoy dining at the resort's two Zagat-rated restaurants, Pierre's Restaurant and Morada Bay Beach Cafe, located just across the road. The restaurants share a private beach and are the site of the monthly Full Moon Party. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Moorings Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Moorings Village Hotel Islamorada
- Moorings Islamorada
- The Moorings Village Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys