“i love islamorada!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Ragged Edge Resort & Marina
Ranked #2 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
ft lauderdale
“i love islamorada!”
Reviewed 4 October 2010

I live in ft. lauderdale, when my husband had to go and work in islamorada i was very excited. when he said he was staying at the ragged edge(never heard of it before) i was skeptical. the first night i stayed there, 3 years ago, i fell in love with the place! i would leave work every wednesday and visit him over night. I can not say enough about the ragged edge! clean, quiet, peaceful, on the ocean, the sunrises were spectacular, close to everthing in islamorada robbies, lorelei, island grill. last year this time my dad and his wife, and my sister had 2 rooms, this year my 2 sisters and niece had the 2 bedroom 2 bath, full kitchen, one bedroom was overlooikng ocean and the view is unobstructed all the way through the living room. i love the ragged edge!!! everyone goes out of their way to make you feel like home away from home..............i wish i could live there :)

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pottsville PA
Reviewed 22 September 2010

The Ragged Edge in Islamorada is an old style Florida resort that is both simple and charming. The rooms are immaculately clean, and the housekeeping is impeccable. Moreover, the resort is easy to find and allows you to be far enough from the highway, that the only sounds you'll hear will be the breeze rustling through the leaves of the resorts Plam Trees, and the sound of water lapping against its shore.

The management and staff at the Ragged edge are friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. The will provide you with information on where to find anything, from places to eat, drugstores, supermarkets, to kayak rentals and fishing charters, and will provide you with directions to get you there.

This is the fourth time I've been to the Ragged Edge, and each time has been a pleasant experience.

If you're looking for a really great place to stay, you've found the place. Go to the Ragged Edge in Islmorada, you won't want to leave.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

What can I say about the Ragged Edge.. We seriously recommend this resort to anybody. Great restaurants near by. Great boating with great fishing just minutes away. Real safe place to keep your boat and a perfect harbor to reach all kinds of boating activities. The people at Ragged Edge always welcomes us with open arms. Perfect place to make new friends or a perfect place for privacy.

• Stayed September 2010
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Ragged Edge is a class act! Our official first week there was an experience like no other! We just left there and are already planning our next trip for next year. What a wonderful place to have a vacation! Rhonda and Hose-A are top notch. They work tirelessly to make sure you have everything you need. Rooms are very clean, housekeeping is everyday, spacious, A/C very cold, beds slept very well, kitchen has everything you need to cook with, and full size fridge is a bonus. The pool is awesome, very, very clean and the cabana on the pool deck allows you to enjoy the breeze coming off the Atlantic.

If you like fishing this is your place, bring your boat and you are guaranteed a spot in the harbor if there is room. Every docking spot in the harbor has freshwater wash down and electrical hook up if you need to charge your batteries. If you don’t have a boat don’t worry, fish off the dock. I was amazed at the fish that roll into the harbor. Last week there were barracuda and a 150lb tarpon inside the harbor. I had no clue where to fish in the big blue but Hose-A sat me down and told me what, when and how. What a week of fishing! Unbelievable!

Listen folks this place is the place to be. If you want a really great, quiet, friendly, customer oriented, relaxing place to stay this is without any doubts; IT!! If you want to be a number, then go south and take you place in line. Stay at the Ragged Edge; you will not be disappointed with your visit.

Goat boy and girl

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Enland
Reviewed 11 June 2010

What a great place the Keys are. We stayed at Ragged Edge last year and returned this year as many guests do again and again. Personally I think that is recommendation enough. Who goes back to a hotel they didn't like!!

The Keys are a fisherman's paradise as it was for my husband. I am just happy to sit in the sun and watch the world go by and WHAT A PLACE TO DO IT IN.

My husband wanted to go out on a boat, fishing for the day and asked Jose if he could recommend anyone. He put him in touch with a guy called Steve who has a boat etc at the Holiday Isle. It isn't cheap but from the reaction from my husband on his return he was an excellant guide and well worth every penny. He provides all the bait and really high quality rods and line and his immense knowledge of the back waters etc.is astounding. My husband even learnt things he was doing wrong re casting etc. and he has been fishing for about 54 years!!

It was more expensive for my husband as firstly he went for the 'full day' - 6 hours (they do half days I believe) and he also went by himself. You can though have more people and he will supply rods and bait for them as well at the same price. I would definately enquire about it and if my husband recommends it , it must be good as he is a hard task master!!!

I won't repeat everything everyone else has commented on about places to eat etc. apart from saying about a place called Bob's Bunz which is a little way down the road if you turn left out of the turning on the righthand side. It is a diner and a bakery combined and the white chocolate key lime cookies are to die for as are all the cakes (sampled quite a few during my stay!!).

If you are looking for a plush room with a 50" plasma television and a state of the art kitchenette then you shouldn't be coming to the Keys at all, let alone Ragged Edge. The rooms are 'functional', clean (maid service everyday) and have comfortable beds - I slept better in theirs than I do at home.

The Keys are a place to chill and take in the beautiful surroundings and, I and my husband won't be staying anywhere else than Ragged Edge next time we visit.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This was our 3rd stay at Ragged Edge. When booking, I mentioned that we were bringing our daughter, who is in the Army for a last family trip before she left for Korea. Jose said they would give us a 10% military discount. We had booked an efficiency originally on the 1st floor. A few days before we arrived, Jose called and asked if we would mind moving to the 2 BR/2 BA on the upper level at no extra charge as they had someone coming in who couldn't use stairs. Of course I said yes! What a beautiful room! A lovely ocean breeze through the windows the whole time we were there. Also in our party was my husband's brother. The boys rented a boat from Bud n' Mary's and had a great time fishing. My daughter and I drove to the Dolphin Research Center. She is an Animal Care Specialist in the Army and had a wonderful time interacting with the dolphins. She especially enjoyed her swim with "Marina". There are many "newer" places to stay in Islamorada, but we will stay at Ragged Edge everytime! Jose and Rhonda really made our stay truely enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Missouri
Reviewed 22 May 2010

We've stayed at just about every place in the Keys and this place is the perfect fit for us. Right on the ocean, quiet, great pool, bikes, bbq grills and full kitchens and the best marina dockage available. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the owners/managers are cool. Most guests have been staying here for years and everyone has a great time together. No bar, it's BYOB and that's just fine with us. Great restaurants nearby. This place is the best kept secret of the Keys.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends