“We would stay here again if we return to the Keys”
Review of Amara Cay Resort

Amara Cay Resort
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Family of 4 with 2 boys ages 13 and 10. We had no issues with the hotel or the staff. Found everyone very friendly and cooperative and accommodating. My husband is a Hilton Diamond member and we paid for this stay using points. When we landed in Ft. Lauderdale I phoned the hotel to advise we were on the way. We were told our room was ready and that we had been upgraded to a 2 queen bedroom suite with a kitchen! We had originally booked a 2 double beds with kitchen suite. Room 105 next to the pool. Great location. Having the Outback Tiki Bar on site is a great plus!

Room Tip: We were in Room 105 next to the pool and loved it.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,389)

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Wonderful service and location. We drove down from the Ft Lauderdale airport and spent 3 days in Islamorada, before going on to Key West. On the oceanfront, site has a pool and Tiki bar. Great staff. I walked in and was welcomed as guest of the day. We were upgraded to an oceanfront suite and that certainly improved our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron F
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have stayed at Hampton's before but the room was not the quality that Hampton's usually are. The lobby and breakfast was as usual but the rooms were not worth $300 per night. I would probably not stay there again. The ventilation in the room was extremely cool in one room and warm in the other.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

This hotel is the worst and most unclean hotel my wife and I have ever stayed in. There were pubic hairs in the soap dish, the carpet was dirty and the bathroom was unclean. My wife saw a hotel cleaning person entering a room with no disinfectant in her cart. My children saw a huge cock roach crawling up the door. I would not recommend the hotel although Hampton Inn's are the best place to stay.

2  Thank William D
Jessica F, Front Office Manager at Amara Cay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

I apologize you did not enjoy your most recent stay with us! We work diligently on providing excellence in service everyday. We appreciate your feedback on concerns of the hotel, and property and will take them into consideration. Perhaps in the near future you will visit us again and have a better experience overall. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This hotel has an excellent staff that was friendly and answered any of my questions. The hotel property was beautiful! I loved the pool and beach area. I spent many hours in a hammock reading! The dive center on property was very useful with bicycle rentals.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Cherie C
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A little run down, room needs some repairs. Staff is very nice. Breakfast was good, not great but lots of choices, all serve yourself. Loved the outside area and view. Room needs some upkeep and painting for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Denise L
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel was clean and all the room amenities worked well, but the rooms could use a re-fresh the décor was a bit dated/tired looking. The staff was friendly and attentive to my short stay. the location was brilliant for the my needs. The internet access was good, but the room, while I was upgraded id not have a proper desk style chair. I would stay there again at this hotel if the occasion arose.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Coconut Palm Inn
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina

Been to Amara Cay Resort? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Amara Cay Resort

Address: 80001 Overseas Highway, Islamorada, FL 33036-3802 (Formerly The Islamorada Resort)
Region: United States > Florida > Florida Keys > Islamorada
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#4 On the Beach Hotel in Islamorada
Price Range: £179 - £377 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Amara Cay Resort 3.5*
Amara Cay Resort is anchored in the laid-back style and carefree atmosphere that makes Islamorada the Sport Fishing Capital of the World. Reflecting the easy tranquility of the Upper Keys, Amara Cay Resort seamlessly blends recreation with relaxation. Hammocks dot the sandy shoreline, palm trees sway in the breeze and a shimmering oceanfront pool beckons early risers. It's no wonder Amara Cay was named the winner of the 2015 Sandi Design award for Design Excellence Hospitality by the International Interior Design Association, which recognized our expert balance of relaxed atmosphere and luxurious style. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Amara Cay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn And Suites Islamorada Hotel Islamorada