When we vacationed here in February, the hotel had begun its transition from the Hampton to the Islamorada Resort. We nearly passed the hotel because it looked abandoned and closed. The Hampton Inn sign had been removed, the key cards we received were blank, and many things were broken (ice machines and one of the exterior entrance doors). Despite the strangeness…. I loved this hotel. Yes, it needs renovation (which is apparently now underway). The living room furniture is dated, the pans in the kitchen are scratched and rusted, the pool bathroom is filled with mold.On the plus side, the lobby is beautiful, the beach and dock is picturesque, the pool is warm (even in February), and the live music from the tiki bar is perfectly beachy. Our room was one of the few beachfront ones; we had an amazing Atlantic view. The hotel is ideally located in Islamorada... you can walk to Lazy Days restaurant (they have beach seating and patio seating), or drive to other nearby outdoor restaurants. We loved driving over the bridge to Robbie's to shop and feed the tarpons. They, too, have a lovely outdoor, waterfront restaurant.
Having grown up in FL, I found Islamorada and this hotel very 'old Florida.' I loved it! The Keys are laid back Florida at its best; marina t-shirts and flip flops are mandatory attire. It’s where you can dine under towering palm trees, and tiki torches illuminate the evening sky. The people are tanned and friendly and will most likely share a story or two with you. Fried fish baskets are on the menu everywhere as is lobster and alligator. It’s such a fun and beautiful place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amara Cay Resort is anchored in the laid-back style and carefree atmosphere that makes Islamorada the Sport Fishing Capital of the World. Reflecting the easy tranquility of the Upper Keys, Amara Cay Resort seamlessly blends recreation with relaxation. Hammocks dot the sandy shoreline, palm trees sway in the breeze and a shimmering oceanfront pool beckons early risers. It's no wonder Amara Cay was named the winner of the 2015 Sandi Design award for Design Excellence Hospitality by the International Interior Design Association, which recognized our expert balance of relaxed atmosphere and luxurious style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Amara Cay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Islamorada Hotel Islamorada
- Hampton Inn Islamorada
- Islamorada Hampton Inn
- Amara Cay Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys