“New Dock is Great”
Review of White Gate Court

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
White Gate Court
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is our third visit to White Gate. We had a great stay and will be back next year for sure. The new dock is so nice. One suggestion would be to add so more lights as you walk on the dock and maybe an underwater light so you can see the fish at night.
The staff is very friendly and attentive. Our dog made lots of new doggie friends and that is the best part of staying here.

Room Tip: We have stayed in #2 twice and I like that one best because it is in the center of the resort. For...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
tcsgizmo, Manager at White Gate Court, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Good Morning:

Thank you so much for such a nice review on our resort. We are so glad that everyone enjoyed their stay and we hope you will plan a trip back next year. We are so happy that you liked our new Dock.

The ultimate getaway where pets are welcome!

Regards,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Just recently staying at white gate court. We were impressed with the quete grounds, the up keep was over all good, the grounds keepers did a fantastic job cleaning grills and filling tiki torches the next morning as well as cleaning. The Kayaks were free which was nice, although the bikes were broken as well as the fishing reels. The last day we were there my corporate attorney and his wife who lives in the keys came to visit for (the day). In the company hand book it states that any quests that visit must leave by sunset. While enjoying a nice quite afternoon by the lake my guests were approached by the owner of the property and was questioned who they were and was asked to not return the following day for a visit in a very rude manor, the following morning my children were asked to NOT use the bikes that are provided for by the facility and to tell me that i was needed in the office. When i approached the office i was rudely greeted by an elderly woman (the owner)who reeked of cigarettes with a cancer stick hanging out of her mouth, she proceeded to tell me that guests were not allowed (no where stated in rule book or disclosed at check in) and that NO children of any age is allowed to ride bikes(also not disclosed) finally right before we left my children (both almost adults by the way) were told that there was no fishing on the dock (where else do you fish?)

If you are a family inclusive of children i would STRONGLY suggest staying somewhere else, this is clearly a 55+ vacation rental community.

AND FOR THE OWNER, JUST BECAUSE YOU OWN THIS SOMEWHAT RUN DOWN FACILITY DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO ACT THE WAY YOU DO TO PEOPLE, IVE BEEN ALL OVER THE WORLD AND AS WELL OWN A VERY SUCCESSFUL CONSTRUCTION COMPANY IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND I WOULD NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN JUST FROM OUR 10 MIN MEETING AND YOUR ACTIONS.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOU FUTURE ENDEAVORS.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank KurtisNigro
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When we arrived (early) the unit #4 was unlocked and the key sitting on the dresser. We had a one room studio with a king bed and a kitchenette. Management was even nice enough to leave 2 small bottles of wine and 2 chocolates. The unit is an older cinder block unit, but it was nice for what we wanted it for, a weekend getaway, The grounds have a gas grill, table and chairs and a deck outside the room. The decor is not new but sufficient. The best part is that it is pet friendly which our dog loved - she went swimming and then took in the sun on the beach. The staff was pleasant and went out of their way to accommodate us. We had a good time just kicking back in the key's and drinking wine.

Room Tip: Would probably request the next higher room (one bedroom).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joe P

.Good Afternoon: Thank you for such a great review, we really appreciate it. We love receiving feedback from loyal guest, so we can always make your vacation even better next time you come back....

We are always happy to hear that your pet had a great time swimming and taking in the sun on the beach, We have a great staff support and again, thank you.

We hope to see you back again soon!!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Lovely little spot in Islamorada. Only thing I would change would be to add a pool but Anne's Beach is not far. If it is just sun you want, there is a great spot by the bay right at White Gate. Close to everything Islamorada has to offer plus you can take your pets!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stefanie W

Good Afternoon: Thank you for writing a great review, we always welcome feedback from our guest, so we can make your next visit much better.

We look forward to seeing you again at White Gate Court were Pets are always WELCOME!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

It was 5 stars for what my husband and I wanted. The cottages are adorable and perfect for couples. Bringing our pet was important to us and it was great that she was able to run around and play with other dogs. My dog is not fully trained so we didn't let her roam freely often since the gate is open but she was off her leash at times with some of the other pups.

This is a low key and quaint little place with only a few cottages, so it's perfect for someone looking for quiet, relaxation, and lots of good eats withing minutes.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth R

Good Afternoon: Thank you so much for a great review, we appreciate your feedback, so we can make your next vacation even better.

WE are very happy to hear that your pet had a great time and was able to run around making new friends also.

It is important to us and like yourselves that you can come to White Gate Court with your pets and all of you have have a wonderful vacation.

All of our returning guest love our little resort for people like yourselves that are looking for some peacefulness and relaxation and that we are the ultimate getaway where pets are always welcome!

We look forward to seing you again here for your next vacation.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Five Stars for one traveler is not five stars for another, as we all have our idea of what we want in a vacation, a hotel, a restaurant, etc. My wife and I have stayed at several places in the Keys, and we liked all of them for different reasons.
White Gate Court is perfect for a calm, relaxed, kicked back extended weekend or week in Islamorada.
We stayed here in #4 & #6 (with my snowbirding parents) for a few nights last weekend. Fantastic!
Each of our units were clean, spacious enough - as you want to be outside anyway - with a nicely appointed kitchen: Towels, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, glassware, BBQ items, soap, corkscrew, etc. High ceilings of whitewashed and beamed tongue and groove - nice. Hot hot showers and plenty of towels, even one for Fido.
We don't have dogs, others had theirs, and it was just fine with us non-dog owners.
Nice Charbroil gas grill with sideburner right outside the door, so I grilled breakfast, lunch and dinner (I did bring my own favorite grill skillet). We cooked everything on the grill (who wants to be inside when you are in such a beautiful place?) Umbrella picnic table, lantern, chairs, loungers, etc. Covered terraces front and back - with front and backdoor access. Back is a quiet garden area, the front faces the water. Fantastic! Lovely grounds, with space between the units to give you that peace and calm that you need.
A walk through the soft Bermuda grass and sand to the free kayaks (single and doubles), bikes, bocce ball set. Nice sunsets, fishing and snorkeling off the dock, saw a big manta ray, nurse shark, baby barracuda, lovely tropical fish, and was told there are often manatees and lobster. Also a couple of dolphins swam by.
WGC is about 1-1/2 miles south of Robbie's on the Bay side.
This is the place to go if you want to have the casual getaway in the Keys. Chatting with other travelers, reading a book waterside, snorkeling, kayaking, drinking a glass or two of sangria, etc.
Owners and staff are the friendliest. You feel like you are with family (well, family members that you like!)
This will be our "go to" place for Islamorada.

Room Tip: #4 & #6 are each for two people, and they are fantastic.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Gringonick

WE are very happy to hear that you and your relatives all had a great time here enjoying our quiet beautiful grounds and our beach area.

We are also very happy to hear that you and your family truly enjoyed our little resort with our free kayaks, bikes, fishing and snorkeling off the dock. Please be advised that we have a brand new beautiful dock as of May 2014.
Our returning guest love our little resort for people like yourselves that are looking for some peacefulness and relaxation and that we are the ultimate getaway where pets are always welcome!

We look forward to seing you again here for your next vacation.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

YES I DID...I had to stay here 2 L-O-N-G extended weekends back to back to get a good sense and feel of this very unique property and atmosphere. Pretty much, Langenfass' contribution was spot on. We brought most of our own food to cook, our own pillows and pillow top mattress, liquor & drinks (which made a significant difference in sleep), and we have NO dogs (but we LOVE dogs)! Yes, the cottages are certainly old and outdated; however, they are quaint, clean, and you have what you need. Of course there are pros and cons...just like with everything. Yes, sometimes you have bugs...this is south Florida, we just have to get over it. But here at the White Gate Court (at least for me), the pros certainly outweighed the cons. The overall experience for me was much more rewarding than staying at many 4 or 5 star resorts.

I travel frequently for business and usually stay at upscale properties and enjoy finer things (but not overly picky and/or pretentious) and love the appeal and amenities they offer; however, staying at the White Gate was the answer to my stressed and hectic life. Somehow, in it's own unique and heavenly way, it gave me solace and provided much needed relaxation.
The grill outside was perfect. The table and chairs outside...perfect. Making new friends...perfect. Service (thanks to Terri and everyone there)...perfect. The beach area...perfect. The View...Oh the View...perfect. The stars seemed brighter...perfect. The wildlife, including Egrets, Blue Herons, Pelicans, Cormorants, Ibis, Ospreys and many other birds...perfect. The bikes to use to ride up to Robbies...perfect. The kayaks to use for fun over the crystal blue waters...perfect.

Islamorada and the Middle Keys is such a perfect location and I want to visit more of it. I've lived in FL for 28 years now and need to explore more of the Keys, more Scuba Diving, more Kayaking, and more Exploring! Don't get me wrong, I do want to stay at other neat places and locations that need to be checked out, but I will tell you without hesitation: I WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK. And if you're lucky enough to travel with dogs...OMG, such a No Brainer. I just left this morning and hated to pack...I want more time here! We stayed in units #6 (closest to water but a bit small for me), #1 (closer to main entrance but nice suite with sitting area), and #5 (larger villa and adequate for 2 couples). You can check out their floor plans on their website.

Have FUN when you go, take time to take in the tastes, sights, sounds, and smells at this special secluded property.

Conch on everyone...

Room Tip: Included in my review. BUT Uh, don't be ridiculous like us and take your phones (to use for came...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gwopilot

Good Afternoon: Thank you for such a great review, we really appreciate the feedback, so we can make it even better for your next vacation here at WGC.

We were very happy to hear that you had a great and relaxing time here with us. The next time
you feel stressed out again, please come and join us!

Please be advised that we have a brand new Dock and it is beautiful, especially at night.

Hope to see you soon...

Resort Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Playa Largo Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection
The Moorings Village
The Moorings Village
#6 of 19 in Islamorada
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina

Been to White Gate Court? Share your experiences!