Lookout Lodge Resort
US$359
US$222
US$161
Hotels.com
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
US$410
US$345
US$242
Travelocity
US$302
US$252
Priceline
Sands of Islamorada Hotel(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$174
Priceline
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$232
Travelocity
Coconut Cove Resort and Marina(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$298
US$209
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Islander Resort(Islamorada)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsmarker restaurantmile markerprivate beach areaclassic keysnight lifeboat dockinglive musicflorida keysthe ritz carltonwatch the sunsetkeys experienceparrot fishrooms are cleantiki hutthe upper keyssmall kitchenlaid back
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I have nothing but good things to say about Lookout Lodge and it's staff, especially Gregg. He has always been very kind and helpful.

My husband and I love coming here, especially for a last minute weekend getaway since we're only a two hour drive away. We stay in one of the oceanfront rooms and usually bring our dog with us. It is very conveniently located on the water and they even have kayaks to rent right on site.

Next for to the hotel, there is a SUP paddle board rental and a great restaurant, Marker 88. You won't be disappointed if you walk over and eat our have some drinks there.

Back to Lookout Lodge...

We have never been disappointed with the service, staff, or cleanliness here. We spend most of our time out in the water either swimming, snorkeling, or paddle boarding. It's nothing less than perfect for us. I'm currently planning our next trip back :-)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JCTravel16
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I never regret coming back to Lookout Lodge each year. So far from what I hear 2014 has been the best season in years and you can tell. Everyone from the hoteliers to the restaurant staff to the fishing and diving guides are breathing a sigh of relief. I also noted a lot of improvements. Charter boats have been kept up, dive shops painted and even the road to the Keys has been repaved.

I checked in rather late, just as the manager was ready to close which is at 9. But Gregg took the time to welcome me back, ask how I was doing and if I needed anything before he went home. I was good, just needed a comfy bed. He checked me into 106 which has a great view of the marina, There were a few people here to fish and they had their boats docked. I missed the legendary sunset that night but sine I had most of the week that would happen when I do my tradition BBQ on the deck!

Gregg had already turned on the air so when I opened the room door I got a comforting cool breeze hit me. As I put my things away I could not help notice all of the improvements - new spreads, new curtains, new paint - wow they were really doing a nice job. The next day I asked Don, the owner what was up. He said he has been working on a room improvements punch list painting everything lighter, tropical colors, replacing the darker drapes and curtains with nicer and lighter patterns, putting flat screen TVs in all of the room and on the waterfront front, changing out all of the screens.

For me it seemed more than necessary as last year I was just fine with the rooms. They were clear and comfortable and who care if the 32" TV was a tube unit! But I admite I did enjoy the improvements, their personal attention and OMG the sunsets are to die for! Can't wait to return in the fall!

Room Tip: If you travel with another couple or family the two bedroom suites are the best value.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank ecoguides
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The location of this hotel was great, located at Islamorada it was less crowded than Key West but close to all the attractions. The rooms were clean and staff was friendly. The hotel had outdoor tables, hammocks, seating, and BBQ so meals could be made and enjoyed outside. It did not have a pool but was located next to marker 87 restaurant with a beach (the Keys do not have a lot of beaches). Kayaks and stand up boards could be rented at the beach. Marker 87 is a good resturant with a great bar.

Room Tip: Upstairs room have a oceanviews
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Isabum
Reviewed 22 April 2014

As I read from several others, I am also reluctant to write this review. Mostly because the staff was so nice an accommodating. Great service can be found here, however, the rooms can't be ignored. Depending on your standards, some may find the rooms old, worn, and cramped. The bathroom was SO SMALL. Larger, taller guests will most likely be seriously uncomfortable here. My wife is about 5'5, 150 pounds (not very big) and could barely close the bathroom door after walking in the closed space. The bed coverings are also quite ancient, but comfortable enough. Its difficult to get past the extremely worn look, but our room was very clean. Our Keys experience was fabulous, and the room didn't subtract from it at all. There just isn't thing terrible, or exceptional about the living space. Its just average. On a closing note, the creme brulee at the restaurant next door is scrumptious!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the water are larger
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Q M
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I checked out of this hotel 1 week ago today. The reviewer directly beneath mine said it all. The staff here were really very nice. The hotel is old and looks it. The shower was difficult and I'm a very small adult, about the size of your average 12 year old boy.

The carpet was ucky, to be honest. I think if they just did some updating, it would be a nice place.

I'm not worry we stayed there, but I also wouldn't go back. I found it not up to my cleanliness standards and...I'm not a 4-5 star hotel girl. I grew up camping and have stayed in old cabins in our national parks. These cabins were in much better shape than Lookout Lodge Resort.

Sorry guys who work there...you're all terrific. Perhaps the owner would consider updating and investing in new carpeting, new ceramic tile, etc... The vancouver reviewer was right...the ceramic was worn and chipped enough that it does look dirty or like there are dead bugs on the floor.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family