“The Best Resort in Islamorada”

Chesapeake Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Resort is Awesome. Fish and snorkle right in front of the Resort. There are
no real beaches in the Keys. It's mostly rock. We like laid back relaxing places.
And that's what you get at the Chesapeake. The views are so beautiful. There
are hammocks and lounges everywhere. Great places to eat within walking
distance. Or get in the car and drive in either direction 5 minutes. 2 wonderful
pools. The people who are giving this place bad reviews are rich snobs who
need to stay elsewhere anyway. Great little resort in the Keys!!!

Room Tip: The garden view rooms are smaller because it's the older part. The ocean front rooms and villa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank beachlovers3

Reviewed 7 September 2012

If I could rate this a "0" I would!! This is a very old motel not resort. There is a reason that all of the pictures are taken from far away. There are 2 pools on the property: both old and gross. When we went they were clearly not cleaned in several days. The beach access is ridiculous. The "beach" consists of rocks not sand because during high tide the ocean comes up to their retaining wall which all of the lounge chairs sit behind. There is one set of stairs to the beach so if which are no where near where the lounge chairs even are. The rooms were just average in my opinion, definitely not worth the money I spent on it. We were scheduled to stay over labor day and checked out after the first night. I would of checked out as soon as I got there if I wouldn't have paid $210 per night, which the first night was non-refundable. The so called breakfast consists of microwaved eggs and bacon, a few pastries, and cereal.

Very rude customer service personnel at the front desk. When I talked to the front desk the day I checked in the said that my card had not be ran for the the remaining 3 days and that I could check out early without any penalties. However, when I checked into a nice hotel following my check out from Chesapeake they had ran my card and when my credit card company called and talked to the front desk to get them to release the hold the man at the front desk was a real @$$hole!! He said that "he technically should hold my money since I checked out early just to screw me out of the $400+ on the rest of my vacation."

This place is awful...I checked into the Hilton in Key Largo and would give them 10 stars compared to this dump!!!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the premium rooms because if your in a garden view its the old part of the the hotel!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank PamelaH8617
Reviewed 13 August 2012

At first I thought it was too good to be true, boy was I wrong! This place was disgusting and nothing short of a rip off. I was under the impression I was saving money by booking online but was later informed my so called discount was a scam! Plus they overcharged my credit card by over $100.00. The staff was rude and not to mention the cleanliness of the room. We found spots of blood on our sheets one night then the second brown hairs which weren't ours bc we have black hair. Disgusting!!!! Then they did nothing to replace the dirty sheets. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lydia M
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Chesapeake Beach Resort and we really enjoyed our stay! Our room was nothing fancy but cute and clean. The landscaping is beautiful with lots of water features, flowers and trees! We enjoyed the gorgeous views of the water and the boats. It was so relaxing and laid back. The staff is very friendly and courteous! We would defiantly stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeckyMinnick
Reviewed 8 August 2012

For the past couple years me and my fiance have been traveling to Islamorada and we always stay here. It is very peaceful, nice pools and a beautiful relaxing view. the location is fantastic Whale harbor has great food. Brazalaina great food and good price for all you can eat. Also The Seafood buffet was delicious. and in walking distance from the hotel!

Room Tip: we always get the room facing the ocean and after you stay there once u will receive 10 percent of a...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Madeline P
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed at the Chesapeake Resort becasue we were deep sea fishing and this was a great location. We know in the Keys there is no beach, the other activity to pass the time is swimming. I have 2 boys and swimming was a must for this trip. Both swimming pools at this hotel were old and not clean. Both pools had food on the bottom of the floor and have not been updated in decades.

Room price should not go over $100 and I paid $250/night

We stayed here becasue Trip Advisor gave it a 4 star rating but I guess they didn't swim in the pools.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The location is pretty but the place is an old motel. The front desk staff is unfriendly.Breakfast was very basic and the breakfast room was so small and modest.
The pools have cracked tiles and dirty grout. The room was dark. Bathroom was very dirty.The price was high for what you get.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort? Share your experiences!