“Great value, beautiful setting.”

Chesapeake Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Columbia City, Indiana
“Great value, beautiful setting.”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My wife and recently stayed at the Chesapeake Beach Resort on Islamorada for 3 days following a business conference in Miami. It's an older, smaller hotel with a bit of wear and tear, but overall a great value. The rooms were clean, breakfast was good, and the staff very friendly and helpful. The beds in our room were a bit on the hard side, but I slept well. The setting on the Atlantic side was beautiful, uncrowded, quiet and relaxing. I spent the better part of one afternoon reading and snoozing in a hammock about 30 feet from the shore. Just what we needed after being in Miami for several days. Plenty of good, close restaurants, including several with beautiful sunset views. Key West was approx. 1.5 - 2 hour drive away. We would definately go back.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2012

I am from Toronto, Canada and here at the Chesapeake Beach Resort for two weeks “working”. My room is overlooking the lagoon, there are hammocks between the palm trees, and the views are spectacular. I come every year to recharge my batteries. I love to swim in the lagoon; I have seen manatees and dolphins. I spend many leisurely hours on the point taking pictures, enjoying the sunrise and getting inspiration for my writings. The room is clean; the staff is so friendly and helpful. This is a wonderful place. A # 10 for me. it is a piece of Paradise.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank birgittemelnick
Andover, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I can't think of anything but excellent to say about this resort! The staff was friendly, rooms wer'e spotless and very comfortable. My husband and I make a trip to the keys several times a year for the last eight years wev'e stayed at alot of places. This is now are favorite place to stay! Book a room here and you won't regret it !!!! FANTASTIC.

Room Tip: We had a suite it was waterfront view excellent.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Suzette W
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this sleepy resort with beautiful ocean view. The rooms are slightly outdated, but very clean. The pools were nice, one with view of the ocean since in the Keys no places have very nice beaches. Enjoyed using the kayaks that were included in the resort fee. I'm not sure what some people expect reading some of these other reviews, but we very much enjoyed our stay. Walkable to restaurants and short car ride to charter fishing and snorkeling fun.

Most importantly, we left our iPad in the safe and the staff made sure it was returned to us!!!

Will stay here again..
Will definately come back again. Go for the ocean view rooms.

Room Tip: Choose ocean view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Palm City, Florida, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We stayed in the two bedroom villa with kitchen. There was mold in cabinets and rat poop under the sink. I had three young kids and they didn't even have a bath tub. The kitchen had only four plates and we were a family of five. The place when we walked in smelled like mildew. The only thing good about the place was the view. My son got so sick the last night we were there we had to bring him to the emergency room. We still are not sure why he got sick. We complained about the mold and told them where it was they said they would clean it and never did. I would never go back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Rebecca C
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

Just canceled a reservation I made over 9 months ago. They have held my 1 nights deposit [~$200] for that time and now are popping me $25 cancellation fee even though the confirmation says it is 30 days before arrival. I even have a replacement guest waiting to take this room. BEWARE their hidden charges!

Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Doug H
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 19 September 2012

The Resort is Awesome. Fish and snorkle right in front of the Resort. There are
no real beaches in the Keys. It's mostly rock. We like laid back relaxing places.
And that's what you get at the Chesapeake. The views are so beautiful. There
are hammocks and lounges everywhere. Great places to eat within walking
distance. Or get in the car and drive in either direction 5 minutes. 2 wonderful
pools. The people who are giving this place bad reviews are rich snobs who
need to stay elsewhere anyway. Great little resort in the Keys!!!

Room Tip: The garden view rooms are smaller because it's the older part. The ocean front rooms and villa...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family