We had a lovely room with an ocean view and balcony. The bathroom was rather basic.
We wanted to use a resort bike but the guy packed up at 5. We tried to use the gym area which was outdoors but the machines had all rusted so they were no longer adjustable.
Breakfast was adequate and you could take it outside and sit looking over the water - lovely.
There are kayaks and tennis courts but we did not get to use them, There were 2 pools and a jacuzzi. The pool water seemed rather cloudy to me and the side pool was quite cool. The edges of the pool were in definite need of refurbishment. All that said, though this is not a luxurious place, it has great views, a range of facilities and reasonable value fr money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islamorada's famous beach and fishing destination, Chesapeake Beach Resort, rests on 6.5 Acres of oceanfront sands and gardens halfway between Miami and Key West, in the Florida Keys. Our property delivers state-of-the-art amenities and luxurious accommodations to our guests. We are proud to offer HDTV, Stereo radio/CD/alarm and wireless internet connection, along with carpeting, furniture, bathrooms and kitchens including granite countertops and vanities; all to make your stay more enjoyable and relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chesapeake Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chesapeake Beach Hotel Islamorada
- Chesapeake Beach Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys