We stayed here for one night in July and have stayed here many times before and we love the Chesapeake. A room overlooking the ocean is amazing and we have always advised people to stay here. However, this time is the first time we have been for four years and despite the hotel being the same, the price has skyrocketed to almost $400 per night. Don't get me wrong, it is a good place but is essentially a motel and is pricing itself out of the market. You pay over $30 for a resort fee and it rained the day we were there so we were paying all that money for breakfast. If it wants to be up at this price, it will have to have quite a big step up. An ocean view at the Cheeca Lodge is less than this, offers more than this and the rooms are a real step up in quality.
Yes, we love the Chesapeake, but it is pricing itself out of the market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islamorada's famous beach and fishing destination, Chesapeake Beach Resort, rests on 6.5 Acres of oceanfront sands and gardens halfway between Miami and Key West, in the Florida Keys. Our property delivers state-of-the-art amenities and luxurious accommodations to our guests. We are proud to offer HDTV, Stereo radio/CD/alarm and wireless internet connection, along with carpeting, furniture, bathrooms and kitchens including granite countertops and vanities; all to make your stay more enjoyable and relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chesapeake Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chesapeake Beach Hotel Islamorada
- Chesapeake Beach Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys