Recently stayed at the resort for 4 nights w my husband and daughters. Had an ocean view room with a stunning view. The outdoor balcony was spacious and the best part of the room. The inside of the room was dated, tired and had the worst mattresses I think I have ever experienced. My husband slept on the floor. I was told the sleeper sofa had a full mattress and would be comfortable for the girls but it was miserable. The temperature control was excellent and quiet. The shower was acceptable and nice to have the double sinks separate. We also appreciated the mini kitchen w full frig, stove and microwave; fully equipped w dishes, pans and utensils. Grill is on property so we cooked in several nights and enjoyed eating in the outdoor cabana. Felt like we were the only guests there which was nice. Breakfast was very average and lacking in healthy choices so I bought my own breakfast food and ate on our balcony. The room cleaning services were also very average. One night we got back late and realized we had absolutely no toilet paper, and the soap we had used up was not replaced. We enjoyed the outdoor property a great deal and would give that part of the resort 5 stars. The property is clean and constantly maintained. Loved the ability to use the kayaks, paddle boats and sailboat. Although the seat on the paddle boat was broken and one of the kayaks was cracked and kept filling up w water and sinking. Also the pictures lead you to believe you will enjoy a nice beach but like much of the Keys there is no real beach. Can't really swim in the ocean water because when you start walking out it feels like muddy quicksand so it's really not for swimming. The location is wonderful but would not return mostly because of the awful mattresses and tired rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islamorada's famous beach and fishing destination, Chesapeake Beach Resort, rests on 6.5 Acres of oceanfront sands and gardens halfway between Miami and Key West, in the Florida Keys. Our property delivers state-of-the-art amenities and luxurious accommodations to our guests. We are proud to offer HDTV, Stereo radio/CD/alarm and wireless internet connection, along with carpeting, furniture, bathrooms and kitchens including granite countertops and vanities; all to make your stay more enjoyable and relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Chesapeake Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chesapeake Beach Hotel Islamorada
- Chesapeake Beach Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys