My husband and I stayed in one of the little cottages here in early October 2013 with our two chihuahuas.
Unfortunately since then they are no longer dog friendly :(. This is the biggest reason for 3 instead of 4 stars.
The cottage was very cute and clean. It had a nice little screened in porch, small but complete kitchen fully stocked w cookware,two queen beds, a couch, coffee table, tv, small kitchen table, one bath w/ shower stall, and ceiling fan and A/C. We really enjoyed the cottage it was very homey. This resort is ocean side and in spite of no sand beach areas it has lots of spots to relax and enjoy the sunrises and views. Also we really enjoyed the complementary breakfast every day. There was coffee, water, juice, milk, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast, cereal, eggs, bacon, and probably more I'm forgetting.
On site pool and laundry room are nice too.
It was really quiet when we were there in Oct. In fact there were hardly any people around at all. It was nice, it felt like we had the place to ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islamorada's famous beach and fishing destination, Chesapeake Beach Resort, rests on 6.5 Acres of oceanfront sands and gardens halfway between Miami and Key West, in the Florida Keys. Our property delivers state-of-the-art amenities and luxurious accommodations to our guests. We are proud to offer HDTV, Stereo radio/CD/alarm and wireless internet connection, along with carpeting, furniture, bathrooms and kitchens including granite countertops and vanities; all to make your stay more enjoyable and relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Chesapeake Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chesapeake Beach Hotel Islamorada
- Chesapeake Beach Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys