“Nice cottages and Quiet”

Chesapeake Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Ohio
“Nice cottages and Quiet”
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in one of the little cottages here in early October 2013 with our two chihuahuas.

Unfortunately since then they are no longer dog friendly :(. This is the biggest reason for 3 instead of 4 stars.

The cottage was very cute and clean. It had a nice little screened in porch, small but complete kitchen fully stocked w cookware,two queen beds, a couch, coffee table, tv, small kitchen table, one bath w/ shower stall, and ceiling fan and A/C. We really enjoyed the cottage it was very homey. This resort is ocean side and in spite of no sand beach areas it has lots of spots to relax and enjoy the sunrises and views. Also we really enjoyed the complementary breakfast every day. There was coffee, water, juice, milk, fresh fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast, cereal, eggs, bacon, and probably more I'm forgetting.
On site pool and laundry room are nice too.
It was really quiet when we were there in Oct. In fact there were hardly any people around at all. It was nice, it felt like we had the place to ourselves.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mjulia4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Houston
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I had to go to Islamorada for work so I stayed a couple nights extra at the Chesapeake Beach Resort. The room was great. I could look out onto the water and watch the boats come in to the small harbor. Everything else in the area was either a chain hotel or super expensive. Chesapeake Beach was reasonable and the accommodations were great. The full refrigerator and kitchenette were nice. The balcony was great. The only drawback was the breakfast wasn't much, but that is a small price to pay for everything else being great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Beamwalker
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have been to Islamorada ~ 25 times since the 70's. The Chesapeake is a favorite for it's cleanliness, location, and friendly staff. Marina and fishing guides are right next door at Whale Harbor or just down the road from several other facilities - even on site boat docking. If you do not like the Chesapeake ambiance you will not like "the Keys" - it is a classic and well done.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 336Ken
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First, I would recomend the Chesapeake to anyone headed to Islamorada. I had booked it last minute for Memorial Day weekend so I expected to show up at a hotel where I wanted to use my own sheets. That wasn't at all the case. We had an ocean front king room. It was very nice for a keys style resort, balcony overlooked the ocean nicely. It was clean and I didn't even feel the need to use by own bedding (which I brought :) ).
On top of it being a great location, the staff actually did me a fuge favor. I had accidently booked the wrong weekend somehow through Hotels.com. When I showed up and realized the error, they let Hotels.com know that they would waive the $250 cancelation fee. That was a big bonus for me because I know they didn't have to do that.
The pool was okay, it was clean, just a little outdated. Chairs throughout the property to lay out, some in very tranquil locations with an amazing view. I will stay there again~!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer C
Dearborn, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We recently visited The Chesapeake Resort again and stayed in one of the villas. It had a full kitchen and was just perfect for our trip. We made our own breakfast each morning but the continental breakfast wasn't bad. The grounds are well maintained and the pools were nice. It was not crowded so it was just quiet and breezy. Very relaxing. Staff was friendly and helpful and there is lots to do in the area. Great for kids too. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms or a villa a must.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
fort wayne
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Accommodations are just right. Older facility but extremely well cared for. Grounds crew cleaning/raking nonstop to keep the place groomed. Pools clean and kept. facility and rooms clean and quiet. beach area was like a private Island with tiki huts n grills. Restaurants next door were very good. Jet ski and boat rental next door. Jet skis were 2014 models. Flats or deep sea fishing charters next door were excellent. And finally.......yes, It looks just like the WEB photos. It's not an "exclusive resort" so it's not for the high maintenance sorts. We plan to come back because it was just right.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank shawkalaka
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night and LOVED the resort! The grounds are beautiful and you can't be the view!

We took advantage of the free water sports and took a kayak out. The free breakfast was great with a lot of options!

Only downside was that the bathroom in the room was in need of a little TLC.

The resort was set up for couples, families, etc.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple