Maybe we just had bad luck. We arrived late to the hotel and put our luggage in the room / cabin and went away and ate. When we came back the room was full of cockroaches. They crawled on our bags and into our beds. The children refused to sleep in that room so we had to switch rooms. This held good but the room was much smaller and with two small double beds. It was crowded for two adults and two teenagers 12 and 15 years. The Resort feels old and little worn out.There were two nice pools in the hotel area but it was hard to swim in the sea, no really beach. Breakfast was included but was pretty simple. We probably would have chosen another hotel and will do that if any next time in Islamorada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Islamorada's famous beach and fishing destination, Chesapeake Beach Resort, rests on 6.5 Acres of oceanfront sands and gardens halfway between Miami and Key West, in the Florida Keys. Our property delivers state-of-the-art amenities and luxurious accommodations to our guests. We are proud to offer HDTV, Stereo radio/CD/alarm and wireless internet connection, along with carpeting, furniture, bathrooms and kitchens including granite countertops and vanities; all to make your stay more enjoyable and relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chesapeake Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chesapeake Beach Hotel Islamorada
- Chesapeake Beach Resort Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys