“Horrible Service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Savannah, Georgia
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Only because the front desk people there are so rude, I rated this place Terrible! The views are wonderful and the housekeepers are okay but the front desk people hurry to check you in and get you out of the office quick and do not seem to care about the guests!

When I checked in they gave me a map and the guy spoke so quickly showing me where everything was without letting me ask any questions, handed me two towels and told me to enjoy my stay BUT before he walked back into the employee office area I quickly asked him of any good places to eat from the list of 20 restaurants that he gave me and he looked at me blankly and said "I don't know".....It seemed very rude to me, but I guess they do not understand that WE are the reasons they have a JOB! and OH! about an hour later I saw the same person riding around on a gulf cart smoking a cigarette and FLICK the cigarette out onto the property!!!!!!!! I was so disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 701, it was gorgeous!
2 Thank Crystal J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
Townsend, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed in a deluxe oceanfront and the room was typical older resort room. Could definitely use an upgrade. Nice view, small waterfront. Good under building parking.
Terrible breakfast - bacon sliced so thin you could see through it with no flavor.
Horrible wifi. Got kicked off regularly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dotneko
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

A very friendly staff on a busy holiday weekend and a great experience throughout our stay. Overall, a good value and experience. Stayed in a Deluxe Ocean-view room. The room was clean each day on our return and the view from the room was as advertised. The bath counter and sink were updated as well as the room itself but the tub/shower seemed a little dated compared to the rest of the room; it was very clean though as with the rest of the room. We would stay here again without question in one of the ocean view rooms. We are not the type to spend much time in the room while on vacation and it exceeded our expectations. The grounds and amenities were as advertised and met or exceeded our expectations. The unlimited use of non-motorized water sports, continental breakfast, and the bottled water delivered in room each day were huge benefits as well.

Room Tip: One of the Ocean view rooms is must in my opinion
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Eric A
Sollentuna, Sweden
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Maybe we just had bad luck. We arrived late to the hotel and put our luggage in the room / cabin and went away and ate. When we came back the room was full of cockroaches. They crawled on our bags and into our beds. The children refused to sleep in that room so we had to switch rooms. This held good but the room was much smaller and with two small double beds. It was crowded for two adults and two teenagers 12 and 15 years. The Resort feels old and little worn out.There were two nice pools in the hotel area but it was hard to swim in the sea, no really beach. Breakfast was included but was pretty simple. We probably would have chosen another hotel and will do that if any next time in Islamorada.

Room Tip: Higer floor, close to the Ocean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Peter J
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights here. The grounds were ok,and the rooms were typical of the keys ( which by the wayis our favorite vacation spot) however, i was on the hammock on our last night,fell off and hurt my back. The hammock was not properly installed,and the hook came out of the tree. The staff did absolutly nothing about it. We had to insist they remove it from the floor. Unreal, stay at your own risk, is the hotel policy. They gave me no compensation,not even an apoligy. Beware of this resort!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank jenniferpad
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I found a great rate for this place and read Trip Advisor reviews that were good, so I was thrilled. We arrived and the gentleman in the office was really not very personable although he got a bit better when we asked questions about where to fish. It just seemed that I had to pull each answer out of him. Our room was in the older building (the same one in which the office is located). No problem, but clearly this room needed updating. The drain in the tub was rusted with a piece of soap left in it and the wall next to toilet was peeling. Two tiny towels were the only ones to use to shower so I went to get others. It rained that night and we awoke to a flooded parking lot having to wade through water to get to the car. Lightning blew out the tv system, so no tv all night either. The mosquitos in the morning were so bad, we had to run out and buy bug spray in order to launch our kayaks. Easy launch area with water to rinse after being out in the water. The pool area is nice, but the pool is old and in need of major renovations. We could see black areas where they have patched the sides and I think that's why the water level is underneath these areas. When I checked out, I asked for a discount due to the many issues but was told "no" all issues were acts of God. Yuppers, they are right, however, they just lost my business. Pictures are deceptive and make this little place appear much larger too!

Room Tip: Maybe the newer buildings on the water--they look newer. However, they are pricier too.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Nice view but that is all. Room had layers of dirt behind furniture. Found a pair of pants in room from previous guest. Balcony door wouldn't lock. Electrical plug in over center of sink. Mold in heat/ac unit. On the plus, the view was great and nice to have a kayak available if u wanted to paddle. Discussed my concerns at front desk as leaving and desk attendant not concerned.

• Stayed June 2014