Chesapeake Beach Resort
Casa Morada(Islamorada)
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)
Islander Resort(Islamorada)
  • Pool
All reviewspaddle boatshot tuba garden view roomyogurtkey westbreakfast was includedocean fronttennis courtsevery morningfree kayakstiki hutbottled waterfishflat screen tvlaid backpalm treesfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2008

We stayed here for one night in July and have stayed here many times before and we love the Chesapeake. A room overlooking the ocean is amazing and we have always advised people to stay here. However, this time is the first time we have been for four years and despite the hotel being the same, the price has skyrocketed to almost $400 per night. Don't get me wrong, it is a good place but is essentially a motel and is pricing itself out of the market. You pay over $30 for a resort fee and it rained the day we were there so we were paying all that money for breakfast. If it wants to be up at this price, it will have to have quite a big step up. An ocean view at the Cheeca Lodge is less than this, offers more than this and the rooms are a real step up in quality.
Yes, we love the Chesapeake, but it is pricing itself out of the market.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EandHEdinburgh
Reviewed 26 July 2008

My family goes to Islamorada every year to go fishing but this was the first time we stayed at the Chesapeake Beach Resort. The resort is just AWESOME! We stayed in an oceanfront room that had just an amazing view of the beach and ocean. The staff at the resort were all so friendly and accomidating, that is not something you see everywhere in the Keys! The room had a large HD TV in it and a docking station for our I-Pods! Next to the resort is fantastic bar called Wahoos, and we got free drinks there because we were staying at Chesapeake! Because I'm getting married next year, I met with their wedding coordinator Thaddeus and now I know exactly where I'm having my wedding- at Chesapeake! I cant think of anywhere else in the Keys that has a better location for weddings, the views from their beaches are just breathtaking! My family has found their new home in the Florida Keys, we'll definately go again next year, I cant wait!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2008

My husband and I stayed in one of the villas which is so private, it is your own private cottage. The villa has beautiful new furniture and a lovely new kitchen with granite counters too. The staff were all so friendly and helpful. It is a wonderful place to go and relax and absorb the sun.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MyraG27
Reviewed 11 July 2008

What a great place to stay for a few days. We were there for the 4 th weekend and could not be happier. The staff offered us so many values at dining places and attraction that saved us a great deal. We stayed in a garden view the first night but changed to the ocean view because of the view and excellent access to the beach area and water sports. We have stayed at many places in Islamorada and this is the best value by far.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank OrlandoLyn
Reviewed 20 June 2008

This hotel has pros and cons.

The pros: beautiful beach, pools and grounds. Rooms are ok. Nice TV and furniture. Mostly clean. Slow season so we had the beach and pool to ourselves. Cool Brazilian Steakhouse right next door and good bar adjacent to that. (You could crawl back if you wanted)

Cons: $285.00 a night for a motel quality room. There was mold in the tile and grout in the bathroom. If you want pool/beach towels you have to walk to the office to borrow and return them. In this $285.00 a night Oceanfront room we received 2..yes two bath towels that would barely cover me let alone my 6'7" husband. You really are paying for location here and it is a nice location. Do not expect 4 star quality for what you are paying.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple