“Our GO TO place”

Chesapeake Beach Resort
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Once again stayed here.. Brought family with us.. We had three seperate reservations.. We had the time of our lives.. You can be as busy or as relaxed as you want. Staff were amazing friendly and attentive. Breakfast was always well stocked. The location is perfect with things to do and restaurants closeby. Rooms were well appointed and if we needed anything more it was readily delivered to us. On relaxing evenings we bbq'd on property and then the whole group retired to the tiki and played games. I could gush on about it... But they have never disappointed!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the studio suites... Regular rooms, king suite with a/c porch, studio suite with screen...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ayntfair

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We usually stay at The Islander but decided to try Chesapeake Beach Resort and we really enjoyed it. Breakfast wasn't just continental. They had eggs/bacon/sausage/waffles etc and it was included in the price as well as their outdoor sports. Kayaks, bikes, paddle boats are all included. At The Islander, you pay $40 to use a Kayak all day and they don't even offer breakfast anymore. The staff was AWESOME! We lost our room key (a real key) in the water and they gave us another one, free of charge! When we went out on the paddle boat, I took off my Swiss Army watch and forgot it in the boat. A few hours later I remembered and when running down to the boat and it was gone. Went to the front desk and they had it there. I was so happy and impressed with these guys. I read another post where someones Bulova went missing but I kind of think that was their own fault since the rooms have safes and are free of charge. Room was clean and updated and it overlooked the ocean and the pool. I loved the parking because it's under the building so your car never gets hot and that's important in the Keys in July! We will go back for sure. Great pricing and includes a lot. If you've never been to the Keys just remember "resort" doesn't mean the same thing there so if you want a true, over priced luxury resort, go to Cheeca Lodge. We went parasailing there and it's gorgeous, but it's also a LOT more $$$$.

Room Tip: If you want a kitchen or to bring a pet, they have separate buildings but they don't have as go...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bender45
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We have stayed there many times before, the last time was last weekend. My husband left his watch (a $3000 Bulova watch) in the top drawer of the dresser. He went fishing, came back went to dinner, came back went to sleep. The next day he packed his cloths and left When he got home he noticed his watch was missing. Immediately he contacted the resort. They said they sent the manager over to the room and didn't find anything. (no one had moved into the room yet). I contacted the Monroe Police Dept. and made a report. I called the resort again and they were rude and didn't care. PLEASE DO NOT STAY THERE. THE STAFF ARE THIEVES. NO RESPECT FOR YOUR PERSONAL THINGS. When you go to the Keys you go to relax, if you do go to the keys, DO NOT STAY HERE, AND PUT ALL YOUR STUFF IN A SAFE.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. The staff are a bunch of thieves.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Mouse l
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This hotel was as nice as the big name resorts for a $100+ less. Clean, quiet, comfy beds, directly on the beach, balconies in all rooms, great restaurant with ocean views next door. I highly recommend & will stay again.

Room Tip: the ocean view rooms are the best, but the garden view room was very tropical.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rcajupiter
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Only because the front desk people there are so rude, I rated this place Terrible! The views are wonderful and the housekeepers are okay but the front desk people hurry to check you in and get you out of the office quick and do not seem to care about the guests!

When I checked in they gave me a map and the guy spoke so quickly showing me where everything was without letting me ask any questions, handed me two towels and told me to enjoy my stay BUT before he walked back into the employee office area I quickly asked him of any good places to eat from the list of 20 restaurants that he gave me and he looked at me blankly and said "I don't know".....It seemed very rude to me, but I guess they do not understand that WE are the reasons they have a JOB! and OH! about an hour later I saw the same person riding around on a gulf cart smoking a cigarette and FLICK the cigarette out onto the property!!!!!!!! I was so disgusted!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 701, it was gorgeous!
2  Thank Crystal J
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed in a deluxe oceanfront and the room was typical older resort room. Could definitely use an upgrade. Nice view, small waterfront. Good under building parking.
Terrible breakfast - bacon sliced so thin you could see through it with no flavor.
Horrible wifi. Got kicked off regularly.

1  Thank Dotneko
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A very friendly staff on a busy holiday weekend and a great experience throughout our stay. Overall, a good value and experience. Stayed in a Deluxe Ocean-view room. The room was clean each day on our return and the view from the room was as advertised. The bath counter and sink were updated as well as the room itself but the tub/shower seemed a little dated compared to the rest of the room; it was very clean though as with the rest of the room. We would stay here again without question in one of the ocean view rooms. We are not the type to spend much time in the room while on vacation and it exceeded our expectations. The grounds and amenities were as advertised and met or exceeded our expectations. The unlimited use of non-motorized water sports, continental breakfast, and the bottled water delivered in room each day were huge benefits as well.

Room Tip: One of the Ocean view rooms is must in my opinion
2  Thank Eric A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#4 of 19 in Islamorada
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina

Been to Chesapeake Beach Resort? Share your experiences!