“Perfect for an overnight Isamorada stay”

Smugglers Cove Resort and Marina
Ranked #11 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Recently visited this location while looking to spend a night in Islamorada. Located right across US 1 from Hog's Heaven bar, this place was a find. The rates were beyond reasonable for the keys, the staff was extremely courteous and friendly, and the room was great. Will definitely repeat this visit the first chance I get.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

We stopped for lunch on our way to key west and I'm writing this review before I forget. I never write reviews! We had four people recommend that we stopped there and I'm so glad they did! The food and drink were fantastic and Courtney our waitress was wonderful!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank cinderluna
Reviewed 2 July 2010

The food is horrible, the service is terrible in the restaurant. The lobster bisque my wife ordered tasted like buttery water. The fried maui sandwich my daughter and I had was doused with so much garlic salt that they were inedible. I asked the server for an iced tea refill that never arrived, this with the restaurant only having 2 other tables of patrons. When we explained the issues with the maui sandwiches to the server, the chef came out and was obviously very angry that we complained about his food. I will never eat there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank keystraveler3
Reviewed 10 March 2008

This was my husband & my first trip to Islamorada with friends.
We had such a good time at Smugglers. We enjoyed the live music nightly and playing shuffle board.. Everyone that worked there was so nice and accommodating. The other patrons were also so nice it seemed everyone became your friend instantly. The rooms are clean and the food was great.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 12 April 2007

My husband and I spent 14 days at the marina in a transient slip. The people there were wonderful! We had not intended to spend our entire trip in Islamorado only because they did not have a slip for that period of time. They were able to accomodate our stay for the entire time. After only one day we felt like everyone there knew our name. The marina, hotel, restaraunt was truly indicative of the laid back attitude of Islamorada. The marina had just been sold when were there and was getting ready to go through updates and changes that progress brings. We only hope when we return the serenity of Islamorado remains.

Stayed: December 2005
1  Thank mimidakota
Reviewed 2 July 2006

My husband and I have traveled extensively and can unequivocally say that Smuggler’s Cove is one of the worst. The hotel is a dump (I mean this literally as there are areas in back with trash heaps including an old toilet). The rooms are dingy – and I cringe to think of them before the so called “renovation”. The bedspreads are nasty and stained and the shower is gross. There are no amenities which are considered basic even in budget lodgings such as a hair dryer, iron, shampoo. And if you need a cup of coffee in the morning (as most of us do) – be prepared to get in your car and travel. We were only in Islamorada for several days and no other accommodations were available on short notice – otherwise we would have left immediately. It was sickening to be presented with such a hefty bill at check out for this substandard stay. Live and learn!

• Stayed: June 2006
9  Thank NancyFCharlotte
A TripAdvisor Member
Miami
Reviewed 18 April 2006

Had stayed a few years ago and was pleasantly surprised to find the countless changes in the property. The building, the restaurant, the rooms have been transformed. The on site restaurant is very very good, excellent food and pricing. Overall a great value in a great location.

Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Atlantic Bay Resort
#1 of 11 in Islamorada
Conch on Inn Motel
Conch on Inn Motel
#4 of 11 in Islamorada

Been to Smugglers Cove Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!