Where to begin... This place is AMAZING, and like others afraid to brag because we want it just for ourselves!! We came by and drove in a year ago, and the same way we left. It was runed down. Not impressed at all. This time we were purposely looking for a pet friendly hotel/motel and when we look in tripadvisor we saw the Sands of Islamorada Oceanfront Resort was one of three in Islamorada. We met Immanuel the new Manager, he is a charm, personable, professional, very helpful and accommodating. We just had to stay. We did for three days, fully enjoy every bit of it. Room was immaculate clean. All amenities included, plates, cups, wine glasses, silverware, Kleenex, paper towel, etc... PET FRIENDLY!!! The view is amazing, the grounds were kept immaculate clean, remember it still has an Ernest Hemingway charm of the Dlorida Keys, and should never loose it. You ask and you shall receive, Immanuel goes above and beyond to accommodate your family pet and you in any way. The boat docks are super nice, the boat ramp is popular with the doggies as well, since it provides them with easy acces to the ocean to swim. Everyone is friendly, repectful and among anything everyone is just having a fabulous time. The hammock, the barbecue, the jacuzzi, the pool immaculate clean. Plenty lounge chairs and seating chairs. The sunrise views are expectacular! The two Macaos are super cute, they love to say Hello to you when you walk by. Thie is a fabulous jewel, a place to bring your family for reunion or get together, because that is what you feel once you check in...Family, Home... Can't explain what it is but our cat hid from us on top of the kitchen counter when it was time to go home... He just did not wanted to leave...had so much fun in this place and with the other pets which where all very nice and well behave, after all we who stay here love our pets and are all pet friendly caring people. We have seen other pet friendly places BUT hands down no other is like this one. The new owner should be very proud and we would like to encourage him to aloud Immanuel continue with his wonderful ideas of improving this property of 9 rooms. Two face the ocean. But regardless the common ground, the pier walk, the small beach area and the friendliness to the pets, like having the doggie bags and a fresh water station for dogs and boats to rinse after coming from the ocean through the boat ramp is a very nice touch. Again, so Florida Keys charming with a bit upscale for a motel and just 5 stars in our standing for all which makes you so sad at check out time. Immanuel we want you to know you have turn this place 180 degrees to amazing improvement and you're future visions are so amazing! We will return, we will tell everyone, because the Sands Of Islamorada Oceanfront Resort is here to stay and get better and better; we can't wait to be part of that experience. You are the best forget the rest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An awesome, intimate escape right in the center of the Keys. All of our rooms have recently been refreshed from top to bottom. For a pet & people friendly tropical retreat...This is the spot. This is the kind of place Jimmy Buffett sings about. We are very Keysee and very clean! A sparkling pool and hot-tub with a view of the beach, boat launch and pier, await you. Our rooms and efficiencies can accomodate from 1 to 6 people very comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sands of Islamorada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Florida - Florida Keys