Just came back from a blissful three-night stay at this quaint "I'd-like-to-keep-it-a-secret" Islamorada inn!
A visiting friend and I decided to explore The Keys for a long weekend along with my Shiba Inu, and made Sands our homebase. We fell in love! The property is on the Atlantic side of the highway and is so easy to miss (you want it that way as the place is so peaceful and serene). My dog loved it there - she was able to go on the beach and on the boat dock. She also got to interact with the parrots on property. There's a nice bike/running trail across the street that is well-maintained to take your dog out for a longer walk.
The rooms are very clean albeit very dated. The furniture are in good shape and the rooms offer all the basic amenities that you need for a getaway i.e. shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. There are refrigerators and coffee makers in the rooms.
They can definitely use an upgrade especially with the door locks - the door handle on our first room #13 came off completely so we asked for a move the next day, which the manager gladly obliged. We were moved to #16 and although the door handle didn't come off, we had such a hard time opening it every time. Once they upgrade the door locks, everything will be perfect.
I can't get over how lovely the setting is and the views with its own dock...the adirondack chairs at the end are so perfect for the evenings and into the night to just chill out and listen to the lapping of the waves under the stars. There's also a hammock on the beach.
The innkeeper, Emanuel is such a terrific person to deal with- he is so polite and attentive to our requests. They are so lucky to have him there!
I cannot wait to go back for another R&R...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An awesome, intimate escape right in the center of the Keys. All of our rooms have recently been refreshed from top to bottom. For a pet & people friendly tropical retreat...This is the spot. This is the kind of place Jimmy Buffett sings about. We are very Keysee and very clean! A sparkling pool and hot-tub with a view of the beach, boat launch and pier, await you. Our rooms and efficiencies can accomodate from 1 to 6 people very comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sands of Islamorada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Florida - Florida Keys