OK, first the positive: The place is very quaint. The grounds are nice with beautiful views of the Atlantic. The rooms are tiny but very clean. Rooms 18 and 19 were the best with wrap around patios with hammocks and chairs. The staff is helpful and friendly. The pool spacious and clean, and the jacuzzi, except for sand in the bottom, likewise.
The negative: Internet was not available in the rooms. The grounds need upkeep, eg, painting the outside fences, cleaning the chairs, etc. The rooms, though clean, needed work. Our room, 19, had holes in the wall in the bathroom, the shower backed up all the time and the toilet needed at least two flushes, sometimes three. Lightbulbs were missing from the lamps so we took them from the outside lamps. Our room was forty minutes late with no explanation. At $175.00 a night (which was discounted) plus taxes and fees, not a great value.
So: All in all, a nice place but unless the price goes down, I would not return. Also, get the rooms near the sea (19 and 18). The other rooms are close to the highway and to all the traffic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An awesome, intimate escape right in the center of the Keys. All of our rooms have recently been refreshed from top to bottom. For a pet & people friendly tropical retreat...This is the spot. This is the kind of place Jimmy Buffett sings about. We are very Keysee and very clean! A sparkling pool and hot-tub with a view of the beach, boat launch and pier, await you. Our rooms and efficiencies can accomodate from 1 to 6 people very comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Sands of Islamorada Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Hotel Islamorada
- Sands Of Islamorada Hotel Florida - Florida Keys