“Best value for clean, friendly, fully functional no-frills room in the center of Islamorada.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Key Lantern Motel and Blue Fin Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2011

Great buy in a motel, not a resort. This is a great place to sleep and shower if you plan to be out and about in Islamorada or on the water during the day, or to stay overnight as you drive and tour the keys. Clean, quiet and functional rooms.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Key Lantern Motel and Blue Fin Inn

Reviewed 16 November 2010

My husband and I stayed for two nights, but if I hadn't paid in advance I wouldn't have stayed the second night. If you're on a budget and won't be spending too much time in your room I suppose it's the "Hidden Gem" our travel guide mentioned, but it just wasn't for me. The interior looks like it hasn't changed since the 60's which is kind of cute. The room itself was clean, as was the newly tiled bathroom, but it were little things like sticky light switches and a sticky remote control and a half full bottle of vodka left behind in the fridge by the last guest (or maybe it has been there longer) that weren't so nice.
The restaurant next door (Lorelei) is great, with live music nightly. Lazy Days cafe a bit further had the best food I've had for a long time, especially the banana bread was lovely. Anyway, for the money I guess this motel isn't too bad, but next time I will spend a bit more.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Was down on Buisiness and stayed there. Clean Realaxing Laid back Motel. I was very pleased with the service of the staff. SInce I spent most of my time outside enjoying the area, a motel like this was great.
If your looking for a place to hibernate in your room. This is not the place. If you are staying to enjoy the Florida Keys, then by all means great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Gerry L
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My wife and I spent two nights at this cheap motel in the heart of Islamorada and found the staff quite cordial. This, however, does not change one fact, the place is really a dump. We did have hot running water, cable TV and a working toilet, but that was about it. The guests next door, our first night, let the TV run all night somewhat too loud but not overwhelmingly so. I would say to folks operating on a tight budget that this would be fine, but for me I'd pass on it next trip. I'd rather dip into the hip pocket for an additional fifty and have a more santiary situation. Our room ran at about $43 each night of two nights and that includes that nasty, overpriced hotel tax. Lastly, if you are inclinded to drink and eat on the bay side of the Keys you can so very easily walk to one of the most popular spots there. It's only about a block and a half. All the seating there is outside and that includes a long, winding bar and lots of table seating. The two nights we stopped for happy hour a musician sang starting about six pm. All our lunches and dinners were at LazyDays over by Bud & Mary's, its the finest restaurant I've eaten in for many years and priced quite well. It's also one of the reasons we stay in Islamorada. Hope this passes along some helpful info to the next travelers heading to the Keys.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 21 February 2010

very clean , old key west ,great service,honest owners,will go back,full kitchen

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2010

After reading the reviews on this place, we thought it sounded okay. Someone said "clean" and "good value". Yes, it was cheap for the area. No, it was far from clean. The room was sparse, the furnishings worn and scarred, the walls bare and filthy and the baseboards nonexistent. Come on, paint isn't that expensive! The only good thing was the location. I wouldn't recommend this motel to my enemies.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Slomo55
Reviewed 15 November 2009

Deb and Larry offer quaint motor lodging on Islamorada. Basic room, clean and centrally located. A great value for budget minded travellers.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends