“Just fine with me.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Key Lantern Motel and Blue Fin Inn
Ranked #8 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2008

I scuba dive off Islamorada every month and stay at the Lantern each time I go there. It is a basic SS&S motel. Clean, usually quiet and handy to the dive shops. I get the $39 room or $55 room depending on the time of year. The owners are very friendly and helpful. I have no complaints since I know what to expect considering the cheap room rent. Those who complain are only kidding themselves. You don't get a room at the Ritz for $39. John White.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Key Lantern Motel and Blue Fin Inn

Reviewed 8 August 2008

Second time staying at the Key Lantern and again very pleased. It is basic, very inexpensive accomodations, convenient to everything on Islamorada.
Yes, it's somehwat dated, but that's part of the charm. Like traveling with your parents in the 60's. The rooms are very clean and you can't beat the price to sleep and shower. Right next door to the Lorelia and a few block walk to the Whistle Stop for great comfort food and good drinks.
What's the big deal with having to call to make reservations? Go ahead, pay a lot more for carpet and sheet rock or save your money for the great food and adventure of the keys.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2008

In a quest to explore the keys, we selected this place to stay.
First off they do not have a way of accepting online reservation; therefore you must call and give away your cc number over the telephone. From my understanding this has 2 sides the Key Lantern and the Blue fin, the later is newer, I stayed in the Key Lantern, and they are side by side. Better suited for college kids that care less about where they stay, there area in general was ok with stores and many places to eat. We rented the "kitchenette" it had a queen bed, fridge, stove eating area and TV, all the basics.
The floor did not have carpet (my wife slipped and fell) and I could see outside...from inside with the cracks in the construction! The last straw was a fat gecko/lizard fell from the ceiling from the previously mentioned cracks into our room, my wife said pack the stuff and let's get out of here! Did I mention the bricks on the inside with oozing mortar.....? and the laundry facilities are...outside, in little open sheds. Please see the photos

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
3  Thank streattech
Reviewed 9 June 2008

My husband and I were looking for a cheap place to stay on a saturday night before driving on to KW. This motel was recommended through TA and I went in expect a basic motel (not hotel by any means) and it was exactly that. There were trailers right across our room, but we didn't see people sitting out there or anything. We basically checked in around 5pm, left for dinner and had late drinks at Lor-e-lai next door and walked back around 1am with no problems at all. It was quiet, extremely clean, white sheets on the bed, very clean bathroom with tile. Beds were ok, AC was a little loud, but worked great. The room had a fridge where we could keep our water cold. Checking in and out was fast, and the front desk lady recommended some dinner options which turned out to be delicious.
This was a great value and reminded me that motels don't have to be scary at all!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2008

This motel was recommended by a friend. We arrived and found the place to be old and run down but otherwise clean and affordable. It seems to be part of the trailer park that is on the premises but it was ok. We just needed a place to crash for the night and for $55 it was worth it. The room was small with a double bed and a small fridge.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2008

We stayed at the Blue Fin Inn Feb 25-Feb 29, 2008. To start the reveiw the Blue Fin Inn is an old school mom and pop motel. The motel was reccomended by a co-worker who had stayed here before and had told me it was just a basic motel. I emailed the motel for availablility then made my reservations about 2 weeks later via phone. They don't have internet reservations.
In order to honor my dates I would have to move after 2 days, which was fine with me because I had waited to make my reservations and any room would do. We were arriving late on the first day of our stay and they did arrange for our key to be waiting for us so we could have the late check in. We actually got to stay in room 29 (a handicaped room) for 3 of the 4 days due to a cancellation. Room 29 had two double beds, tiled floor, ceiling fan and light that was very dim, two table lamps(both much brighter than the ceiling light), table and chairs, and a refrigerator which was clean. The Bathroom had a handicapped shower and standard toilet. We were very happy with this clean and secure feeling room. This side of the motel faces a boat business and was fairly quiet. On Thursday we had to move to room 11 which was at the end of the middle building of the motel and next to the laundry facilities and across from the trailers that are parked at the end of the first building. The room was much bigger having an added kitchenette to the standard room. The only problems with this room was the fact it had 5 or 6 windows in it and all were left unlocked until we locked them, and it had a back entry door as well as a front door and a connecting door. All the doors had somewhat adequate locks, however, it was a little unnerving having so many entries into our room. As we were two women traveling alone we felt just a little jumpy about this room change and didn't really get a good nights sleep.
Overall our stay here was comfortable, the staff was adequate, we felt like the motel was clean but just the whole set up of room 11 was a little unsettling. If it were a group of men or a couple of couples staying in that room it would be less of an issue. I wound't hesitate to stay at the Blue Fin Inn again if I could be assured of having a room like the one we stayed in the first 3 nights.

Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank meh7976
Reviewed 27 February 2008

The reviewer who wrote the review about the "Brick Rooms" (which is the Key Lantern Hotel side of this double hotel) was 100% on the mark. I stayed in room 2 on February 25th and it was a dump! Stay somewhere else folks - go for the extra bucks. You get what you pay for !

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business