“it's a great deal”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Key Lantern Motel and Blue Fin Inn
Ranked #7 of 11 Islamorada B&B and Inns
fort lauderdale
Reviewed 7 May 2005

Rooms are spacious,clean and a great deal! It is no spa but for the price did you expect one? Close to everthing and just a great find...

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

warwick, r. i.
Reviewed 26 February 2005

Our second year at the Blue Fin was as good as the first. Clean, convenient and Deb and Larry are accomadating and very hospitable hosts.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Titusville, FL
Reviewed 28 August 2004

The Key Lantern is an afordable choice for those who wish to visit the keys. The new or I should say the most recent owners of the Lantern are very helpful and friendly. If you do not need the fan fare of a resort STAY HERE. And then you can spend the money you saved eating at all the wonderful resturants, fishing on the tour boats and visiting nearby attractions Islamorada has to offer.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed 31 July 2004

I read all the reviews before deciding to stay here. Some of the reviews were bad and some were good. This place is actually two different motels that are next door to each other, The Blue Lantern and The Blue Finn. For the first few days I stayed on the Blue Lantern side-paid $45/night for room with a kitchenette. The room was moderately clean (hanging lamp and top of frig were filthy) yet livable. The important things were clean (toilet, shower, sink, beds). It's not like we spent much time in the room anyway. When we switched to the Blue Finn side for the final few days, things went downhill fast. The previous occupants were obviously smokers and the room smelled so bad that I had to go out and buy a bottle of Febreeze (used half the bottle and it still stunk!). At night when the lights were on all the little crawling and flying bugs came out. We stomped the ones on the floor and killed the ones on the walls and tables with tissues. The following day after housekeeping "cleaned" the smashed bugs were still all over the floor! I was also offended by the old, used empty envelope left on the table addressed to the maid (I assume it was for a tip). So, if you want a cheap, moderately clean, no frills room this is the place. Just be sure to bring a BIG bottle of Febreeze (or other brand) and bug spray and don't go barefooted.

• Stayed: June 2004
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2004

I call one month ago for two beds in rooms and the price was $39.00 when I get there the price was $55.00 and at that moment only has one bed so she saids I have to pay for two days becouse I did not want the room I have to come back to my house and make my long week end so bad.
I never make a reservation again. Wacth for the prices they say one price when you get there is another price.

5  Thank Santiago O
Reviewed 18 May 2004

My son & I stayed there last year it was. Recommended by the Chamber of Commerce, very reasonable, clean and the owners were always friendly. We plan on going back to Islamorada, the only place we'll stay. Laid back 1950s style.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix
Reviewed 15 December 2003

We went to the best western the first time we went down, about 6 years ago, never been back.

I couldn't see staying anywhere else in Islamorada except the Key lantern.

Great Price, Excellent clean, great hosts!

If you need a spa, go to one. If you need a room, this is the place.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member