“New management makes all the difference!”
Review of Coral Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Coral Bay Resort
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I read the reviews sitting in the car while my husband went in and talked to Angie. First thing he said when he returned was how friendly she was. She and her husband have been the new managers only two weeks, so please disregard earlier reviews about rude management. The place is great: cute little beach, lovely pool, nice clean rooms with patios. Ours had a full kitchen, and the next morning my husband made a homemade breakfast, our first in a week. The place has a real old fashioned Keys feel. We absolutely recommend it. Why not five stars? They need to perfect some small details left from prior management.

Stayed: April 2012

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I were refered here by the Florida Visitors Center while we were making our way down the keys. We had no plans. We just wanted a beach. It is such a cute, quiet little place. It only has 18 or so rooms. Has a protected beach, huge deck, pool, spots to dock boats. Sat on deck and watched the sun go down. Beautiful. On the gulf side, which we found out is the side to be when the wind is blowing. No resturant, but the kitchens allow you to do your own. While we were there we were talking to "Angie", asked her how she liked living there. Because we thought it was Heaven. She said she has only been there a couple of weeks. New Management. Explains the difference with the reviews I read after getting back. We stayed 2 nights then went down to Key West. Stayed another night on our way back. Would recomend to family and friends. Accually have already told my family about it, and plan on going back.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We have been enjoying coral bay resort for several years now, but the management has something to be desired. the desk woman made us feel like were a burden rather than a loyal customer, she put us in a room that was at the front of the complex next to the office, after I had let her know the area we wanted to be in especially this year since we were bringing our boat for the first time. The next day we met a couple who had been moved from the unit we were in to one close to the cove. We don't know if they actually got our room or not. They made no offers to assist us getting closer to the cove, knowing that I am handicapped. The very next of day we found out the couple who had been in our unit was now in the same unit we had last year. The manager was obviously showing prefereintial treatment to this couple. I hope the owner will find management more suited to being customer friendly and not self centered. We cut our trip a day early and unless there are some changes made, we will not be returning. It was almost as if these two ladies were attempting to ruin this business.

Room Tip: Coral Bay has an "L" shaped group of ground level units around the pool and the love bird...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank keysrat
HolidayIsles, General Manager at Coral Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

I am truly sorry that your vacation was ruined, that is never a good thing. I was there and actually saw how you were treated, but at the time was not in the position to do anything about it. The former manager was on her last days, and unfortunatly you happened to be there at that time. My wife Angie and I are the new managers, we actually started the day after you left. If you come back you will see many changes and I assure you will not be treated anything like you expereinced. Angie & I have many years of experience running hotels, and understand what it takes to provide our guests the best vacation and customer service possible. This is a beautiful property, the only thing it was lacking was proper management, as you can see from the many reviews aimed at the manager. So please come on back and Angie & I will guaranty a GREAT vacation.

Tim & Angie Michael

Reviewed 1 April 2012

We have been going to Coral Bay Resort for the past 7 years. We were going to change our plans this year because of health problems, and I was informed that they were not taking reservations for the next year(never has been an issue in the past), it was now a first come first serve basis. After receiving the confirmation of the cancellation, there was only one room reserved, we had reserved 2 adjoining rooms the prior year. The daily check of the resort felt more like a prison camp check rather than a resort feel. We felt like an inconvenience being there! The property does have the "old" Keys charm, but the poor/rude/condescending management will drive customers away. I hope the owner finds new management soon.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Tarponfishers
HolidayIsles, General Manager at Coral Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

I am truly sorry for all of the past guests who have experienced bad stays at Coral Bay. I am happy to let you know that my wife Angie and I have just started as the new managers. Prior to coming here we were the managers of Holiday Isles Resort in Madeira Beach, FL from July 2007 to Feb 2011 (check out our reviews). I would ask that you give Coral Bay another chance, Angie and I will do everything we can to make sure your stay will be the BEST Islamorada has to offer. Tanks and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Tim & Angie Michael
Managers

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I would never consider to stay in that hotel again , the manager or front desk attendant was very rude , not friendly at all , she made our stay really unpleasant

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Miguelprevost
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We loved coral bay. The rooms are fresh and clean. The grounds are lush and Beautiful. We love our lazy day front porch and the view of the bay. The sunsets on there docks could not be beat. The staff and management are friendly and seam to really care about the resort. Its the best trip we have ever had to the keys. It was nice to relax and enjoy the keys the way it use to be. We will be back because we fell in love with this place.

Room Tip: Get a room with a Kitchen they have the most space.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We have been enjoying coral bay resort for many years now, but the new management has something to be desired. the desk woman made us feel like were a burden rather than a loyal customer, she couldn't seem to find us a room in an almost empty complex. Then seemed to find us one that suited her, not Us? I hope the owner will find management more suited to being customer friendly and not self centered.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple