“FANTASTIC FLORIDA”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Coral Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Coral Bay Resort
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Desio, Italy
“FANTASTIC FLORIDA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

Myself and my family spent 5 nights at the Coral Bay Resort past August. Very kind owner and fantastic location. The garden with the swimming pool and the small, but nice sandy beach, is perfect for children and not only.
I recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I spend a lot of time (too much, actually) reviewing hotels before I select a place to stay. Just as other reviewers have said, this place is simply fantastic. It's not the Ritz but it's the real deal keys relaxation. I will say that their service and attention to all guests is better than most resorts I've stayed at in the past. The grounds are beautifully maintained and you can use the slip and boat dock out back for no extra expense. The fishin off the dock is a blast for kids and adults too. There's a large Tiki Hut that seats twenty or more for fun cookouts. The kids brought their kayaks and explored the closed in and safe lagoon that had lots of interesting things to explore. Using their snorkel equipment they were able to see lobsters, crabs, and a variety of fish. Manatee families even swam around the marina! The room was basic but comfortable and had a full kitchen! If you bring your boat there's lots to do. There's a neat cove sandbar just out to the left where you can anchor your boat, swim, snorkel and have some refreshing beverages! Take your boat to world famous Robbie's for a tasty meal and feed the monster tarpon. Good times to be had at Coral Bay. Thanks Angie for your warm hospitality and help during our stay!

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank beckaroo8
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our family stayed at the Coral Bay after much searching. Lots! I looked at places in Islamorada and Marathon...and every hotel/resort in between. It seemed that every place reviewed was either off the charts great or the worst place ever...even some of the more expensive properties. The negative reviews for CB seemed to focus on the management, which is now different and might I say very friendly and helpful. The place was very laid back, clean and quiet. My son fished every morning off the pier with rods supplied by CB. The pool was never crowded. There are no restaurants within walking distance, but we would do things during the day and eat near where we were before heading back. The other guests were very friendly...sharing stories, bait...it was a great stay. If you are looking for a splashy resort this is not the place for you. BUT if you want the feel of the real Keys, great sunsets and a laid back atmosphere...you can't go wrong.

The other half of our stay we spent at the Islander, which had a totally different vibe. It's a "real" resort on the Atlantic side. My 10-year old loved both places for different reasons (he loves a free breakfast). And while I enjoyed the Islander, The Coral Bay was my favorite.

Room Tip: The best views are from the rooms with the lowest numbers, but the resort is small and #8 where we s...
3 Thank pioneergirl58
Loxahatchee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

My family and I were looking to take a weekend trip from Plam Beach. After calling several places my wife decided Coral Bay would be a perfect fit, based soley on her conversation with Angie, the Property Manager. When we arrived we had the pleasure of meeting Angie in person. She was warm and welcoming and made us feel at home. The property was everything she had described. The following day we had the chance to meet Ms. Linda, who was pleasant and accomidating. Throughout our stay both ladies made sure we had everything we needed. Our room was clean and comfortable and the property is well maintained. Nice job ladies! We look forward to our next trip down!

2 Thank DavidHLoxahatchee
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I am so glad that my sister and I found this gem in the Florida Keys. We had never been to the keys and depended on a guidebook from the library and Tripadvisor to get us to the perfect place. It worked! Coral Bay was beautiful. We felt secluded, but surrounded by friendly guest as well as the proprietor Angie and her mother, Linda. I believe this is my winter go to place from now on. Linda, I will bring you your favorite coffee creamer next time:)

Room Tip: All the locations looked good. Each had a porch or patio.
2 Thank Julia B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Although I did not intend to stay at this beautiful location, I am certainly glad I did! There was a small incident with the property I was supposed to be staying at and Angie (the owner) went out of her way to accommodate my group! She is a very hospitable person and I cannot thank her enough! Hospitality is something I think is lacking in the world these days and with Angie all she wanted to do was make us happy! The property is absolutely beautiful and I intend on staying here for any future visits I take to the keys! It is secluded and peaceful! Yet just a short drive to some popular night life spots! Everyone should stay here you will love it, no doubt about it!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Sarahsteele12
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

Coral Bay resort is such a great place - I don't even want to tell anyone about it! We stayed for over a week in a one bedroom cottage. It's like coming back home to paradise.... Comfortable, beautiful, relaxing and just right. It's a self catering spot - and I was so pleased to have found the right place for me and my fiance. If you are looking for something hotel oriented and generic or high end fancy- this won't be for you. But if you are looking for a charming, low key spot that has the conveniences you need, comfortable rooms, friendly staff and a beautiful setting with great fishing just off the dock that feels like the "right" kind of place you could easily call a home away from home for a week or so- then do not hesitate! The grounds in all the photos and on the website somehow don't translate to how beautiful it really is... Everything is so well kept on the grounds - and when you get there you say to yourself - Wow - I saw all the pictures, but this is SO much prettier. SO don't hesitate - book the room, kick back, you're in the Keys! -relax and chill out on the docks as the sun sets and enjoy yourself at Coral Bay. I'm so glad I made this choice in the Keys.

Room Tip: The one bedroom cottages are set just beyond the pool area (its not TOO close to the pool that you a...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LoveDemIslands
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
Hawks Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
4.0 of 5 bubbles 4,599 reviews

Been to Coral Bay Resort? Share your experiences!