“Absolutely Perfect!!”
Review of Coral Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Coral Bay Resort
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Greenville, SC
“Absolutely Perfect!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2008

Five of my friends and I stayed at Coral Bay over Labor Day weekend. The resort is exactly as promised and we had a fantastic time!! The housekeepers were extremely friendly and helpful--as were all of the other guests. Being such a small resort allows you to either stay completely secluded or mingle with other guests at the Tiki Hut or while fishing off the pier. I definitely plan on visiting Islamorada again in the future and would stay at the Coral Bay resort again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 17 August 2008

We return year after year to this same tropical paradise. We bring family, friends, boats and gear to swim, fish, lobster, bully and toast to the setting sun in this fabulous spot on the gulf. Their efficiency/hotel accommodations allow us to stay in our own suites, yet next door to friends. The resort is small but lacks nothing for the ultimate in a Florida Keys vacation

• Disliked — Long ride from Virginia
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
Texas
Reviewed 29 July 2008

Me, my boyfriend, his brother and sister-in-law all arrived ready to have a relaxing week away from it all. Boy did we ever get our wish! We checked in and were escorted to our room which was fully (and nicely) furnished. Plenty of room for everyone to be comfortable. We liked having the option to cook or go out for our meals and took advantage of both! The grounds were simply amazing with white rock walk- and driveways surrounded with lush greenery, colorful blooms, palm trees and a lovely little sandy beach. I loved all the hibiscus (one of my favorite flowers).

We had a great time relaxing in the pool (a lot!!) or on the deck by the tiki hut (which happens to have built-in checker boards - we used bottle caps for playing pieces!). The parrot fish in the tide pool were fun to feed with the fish food provided by the resort. We had plenty of things to do like swim, snorkel, fish or take out the paddle boat. We were close to shopping, restaurants and touristy-type things which was very convenient. Even though our room was located close to the entrance we didn't hear any traffic/road noise. It felt like we were at a secluded location.

The staff were fantastic. Never once did we pass anyone without them speaking and smiling! Housekeeping was done quickly, thoroughly, and efficiently. Our hats are off to Shane, Vicki, and Melissa for running such a fantastic resort! They were always available if we needed something and made us feel very comfortable and welcome. Thank you so much for a wonderful time! We will be back.

Leah from Texas

• Liked — The atmosphere
  • Disliked — The fact that we had to leave!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Kansas
Reviewed 7 July 2008

Our experience at Coral Bay was nothing but wonderful! During our stay we were able to soak in some sun or snorkel with the parrot fish. The resort supplied guest with snorkeling equipment with no extra charge. There were also rafts to use for swimming. We aren't big into fishing so it was nice to find that the resort offered other activities for us to enjoy.

During the evenings most guest were outside enjoying the beautiful sunsets and amazing night sky. We had originally planned to only stay for 2 nights but added an extra night on after having such a wonderful time.

The room that we had (#5) had a kitchen (oven, microwave, full refrigerator, table, etc). Everything was very clean and well kept. There was a nice front porch with a table to enjoy dinner or a drink at. My only complaint about the room is it was not very well insulated regarding sound. During our first night stay no one was in the room next door but on the second night someone came to stay. I'm not sure if that person was just noisy and clumsy or if the walls are paper thin. But every time they would do something it sounded like they were banging on the wall. But it didn't last all into the night so it was ok. All the guest were very friendly.

Our only other mishap with Coral Bay was on the day we arrived. Somehow our reservations got canceled a week before we arrived and we only found b/c I called a few hours before arriving. No one claims to know how it happened but we were discounted $20 per night and found a bottle of wine in our room upon arrival.

I would definitely recommend this place to a friend! I plan on making a trip back down there soon!

• Liked — Very relaxing and just beautiful
  • Disliked — Nothing!
Kansas City
Reviewed 6 June 2008

WOW! What a nice place to stay in the keys! Centrally located to everything you'd want to do in the keys, great fishing, watersports and great places to eat.

Coral Bay Resort sits far enough back from the highway to not hear the traffic. The room we stayed in was immaculate to say the least (# 12) as well as the pool, sand, dock, grounds and tiki hut. Overall, the room and surroundings are the epitome of Keys charm in our opinion. If you're looking for a 'Hilton' type room . . . keep looking, but if you want a peaceful, serene or even romantic stay with true 'Keys feel' then this is the place I'd recommend.

The staff there were beyond friendly and helpful, they went well out of their way to insure we had a pleasant stay. Be sure to take the time to enjoy feeding the parrot fish in the tidal pool! Oh and visit the love bird cage too.

We not only had a kitchen complete with all utensils but also an outdoor BBQ grill should we have chosen not to eat out, There is a nice patio furnished with a table and chairs just outside the front door to the room that made a great place to relax and enjoy the beautiful view with a bottle of wine.

The only complaint I have is about a kid racing around the gravel parking area on a golf cart like it was an ATV on a MX track. He slung pea gravel onto my Screamin Eagle Harley Ultra Classic a couple of times and had a near miss encounter when he managed to get the golf cart stopped a matter of just inches from my front fender. He apparently noticed the look of . . . shall I say displeasure? on my face and stayed clear of my bike for the rest of the evening. I should also mention that this happened only one of the three nights we stayed there and I don't know if he was a guest or a resident.

• Liked — The immaculate room and grounds
  • Disliked — Kid being allowed to run rampant on a golf cart
Swansea, Wales
Reviewed 18 May 2008

A perfect location for relaxation! The facilities are good and the staff were unfailingly helpful and polite whenever we sought them out. Our efficiency room was maybe a little dated, but it suited our needs just fine. Every unit had its own decked porch with table and chairs, adding a very convenient outdoors space.

The pool and beach/dock areas were beautifully clean, and the whole site was colourfully planted and well maintained. I almost felt guilty walking on the freshly raked sand every morning! It was very peaceful to be able to sit on the decking watching the sunset with only the sounds of the ocean for company.

Our one complaint would be the lack of sound-proofing between rooms. If our neighbours had stayed up late talking, we would have heard every word - luckily, they kept the same hours as us!

If in the area in the future, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again - although we would keep our fingers crossed for quiet neighbours!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — lack of sound-proofing
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 15 May 2008

The reviews sounded great and I am a true beliver in Trip Advisor.My family which included my wife (5 mo pregnant) & 3 yr old son arrived at the hotel and were advised that the room was not ready and to"stay out of the room" more than once.We waited and laid by the beach.The grounds are nice and well kept and a small beach for younger ones.We were finally able to enter our room which was RM#3 .There was a strong odor of bleach and a stain in the middle of the floor.The room was neat but was not as updated as the photos show on the resorts web-site.The room needed some updating.We decided to make the best and left to do some shopping.We returned in early evening and were Surprised by a Large Cockroach which was on the wall over the beds.I immediately called the Manager (the office is closed @ 5:pm) on the emergency phone outside the office.I was then advised that it is the "Keys" and bugs are common.The manager stated that there was bug spray in the kitchen.I advised him I was not staying at the hotel and would be checking out immediately.The manager stated he understood and would not charge my credit card. We left the location without problem and were not charged on the card.Just do further research on some of these hotels listed.

• Liked — I left early
  • Disliked — The uninvited Guests
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family