“Great place to stay!”

Caloosa Cove Resort & Marina
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Nice accommodations with great ocean views. We found it to be very quiet. Each unit has private balconies with ocean views. Nice little kitchen with all the necessities. Beautiful pool and lovely landscaping. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rodan46

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We just spent 5 weeks here and everything was perfect! Our suite was overlooking the pool and ocean. The staff was helpful in suggesting things to do in the area and places to eat. The pool is a wonderful spot to socialize and meet new friends. I would recommend Caloosa for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan H
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We called from Anne's beach having passed it on Rt 1, and made a reservation. They were closing at 5, and we got there in time. Lady in office was nice, let us view the room, and we took it for the night. This place is a vacation owner/rental condo type place, and we go the next to last room available. Turned out to be on the end, facing the ocean, with a slider opening to a balcony. Very nice having the breeze come in. Place was obviously older, and showed some wear, but reasonably well taken care of. Heated pool was right outside, and the deck area was large. "Beach" was really a sand construct with a seawall on the ocean, but it was ice enough, and the pool was heated. More like a small studio apartment, it was comfortable and clean, and had a fridge, kitchen, etc that would make it a decent place to spend a week if you owned it, and certainly pleasant enough for a night. I believe it cost us about $150 for the night, plus taxes. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Certainly to be on the beach side helps.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peter and Linda S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I made a reservation for one week and then something came up so I had to cancel a few days of my reservation. From the very first phone call I felt that Betty was not friendly and aggravated with me for having to change my plans. Before I could finish speaking she told me she was going to charge me for one day. I explained that I wasn't canceling the whole trip just a few days. Upon arrival I walked in the office and Betty didn't even bother to greet me. She made me feel like I was a bother to her. She was rude and unfriendly the entire time I was there! When I was checking out she said absolutely nothing to me. Other than Betty the place was clean and I have no other issues with the resort. Betty is a true "condo commander!" She is unfriendly and treated me like I was a criminal. She had an agenda with me from the beginning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Poolgirl77
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We rented for a week, while my wife rode in the Miami MS200 charity bike ride. I fished on a charter out of Robbies' Marina, just 3 miles north on US Hwy 1. Great location, with easy access to boating, beaches, restaurants, beach bars for happy hour, and local attractions. The units are a bit dated, but are spotless and well-maintained. The pool is excellent as well, and there's a pub right off the pool deck. The units have a very reasonable nightly rate, but you can find whole weeks available from unit owners at an even better rate if you search the "usual" sites.

Oh yeah...there are other amenities...tennis being one. Check out their website to investigate.

You can find fancier and newer resorts, but I don't think you can match the value at Caloosa Cove!

Room Tip: All the units are good, but on the first floor, I like 115 & 116 because they're right at th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Charles R
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Our family recently stayed at this hotel and were ready to pack up and leave after only 2 days of our total week holiday. There is a bar located right in front of the hotel and plays very loud music nightly until 2:00 am.. It felt that the band was right in our livingroom. Management tried to help but to no avail as the next sleepless night came and went with the same thumping noise.I would not recommend this hotel for a family. Too bad as the place itself would have been fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ninety-nineReese
Reviewed 20 February 2013

If you are not looking for a lot of "frills" but want a place that is clean and has a beautiful ocean views, this is the place. We have stayed here two years now, in the January/February timeframe and had a very nice stay. Last year we stayed for a week, this year for 5 nights. We stayed in a studio and it was great having a kitchen. Our only complaint might be the bed could be a little more comfortable, but the room is well stocked with dishes, the applicances work well and the balcony which overlookes the pool was great for morning coffee and evening relaxation. The pool is also heated and very clean. The property is located in a beautiful and quieter area of the Keys yet close to lots of great restaurants. We very much enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank arubanancy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#3 of 19 in Islamorada
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
Pelican Cove Resort & Marina
#4 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Caloosa Cove Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!