“All the other positive reviews were right!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Ocean View Inn and Sports Pub
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Just arrived home from 10 days in Florida. During the trip, we spent two nights at the Ocean View Inn and Sports Pub. What a great place it turned out to be!!!! We checked in at the bar area with a great bartender, Gail! Very engaging and fun to talk with, she got us off to a great start for our stay with details about the area, restaurants, great breakfast spots and of course, some great beers!! There are only a small number of rooms, we were in room 7, the farthest one from the office and our friends stayed in room 6.

The rooms are very clean and well maintained with very cute beach colors and decor. We had a small patio in the back, with a little path that led to the pool area. The pool area was gorgeous, lots of blooming flowers and plenty of furniture too.

We loved the pub both inside and out, and we were able to sit outside under the stars by the well placed fire pit. Such fun!

On our way home we talked about staying there again. I hope we do. It is well located and not too commercial in Islamorada. The only thing I could find fault with is the air conditioner. It was a little loud, but honestly it wasn't a huge deal that would make me rate the property lower. I wish the owner had been there. (he was at the Daytona 500) He is a former Pittsburgh Steeler whom I would have liked to have met. (I was a huge Steeler fan in the 70's) Maybe the next time!

All in all, a great stay at a great place!

Room Tip: Call to reserve and speak with someone. All were very helpful and informative about the Inn and wha...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank duxy

Reviewed 1 March 2012

We stayed one night on our way down to Key West. We read the reviews about the Ocean View and decided to stay. What a great little place! There a only a few units, and each has a rear patio which leads to the beautiful heated pool. The room was very comfy and clean, and decorated in a cute Florida kitschy-kind of style. We ate at the adjoining bar which featured live music on Sunday nights. Lots of locals, good food. We really enjoyed the pool and beautiful landscaping. Would go back in a heart beat!

Room Tip: We got the last room available, which was a double queen handicapped accessible. If we went back, I...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nanmeister
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We loved this hotel, very clean and service was great! Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LeaAnn60
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We heard about the Ocean View or OV from friends of ours who came here last summer. There are only 7 rooms, we stayed in #3, King sized bed, mini-fridge, wet bar, & microwave. You have your own private-ish patio with palm & key lime trees, with a sandy walkway leadign to the pool (heated) area. Inside & outside bars, 9 TV''s at the outside bar. Bar tenders were great. Plenty of fans, they have a nice firepit area off to the side. Spent our first Christmas away from home (Kids are now 20,21 & 24) & it was really relaxing. Our rate was only 129, which was great for Christmas time. We plan to go back!

Room Tip: Room #7 on the west end is the quietest.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanniemol1
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We love love this place!!! Cute roadside motel. The rooms are VERY nice with mexican tile floors, nice bathrooms, BIG beds and rooms with small table and chairs, small fridge and wet bar with microwave. The decor is whimsical and very cute. The back sliding door leads to a very private porch with a table and chairs, outdoor shower and lots of foliage. A path from the back leads you out to the pool or the tiki bar!!! That bar is attached to the indoor bar which is kinda dark and wooded, but there are some cool people hanging out!!! regulars for sure!!! Thursday is steak night.....one of the BEST steaks we have ever had!!! You have to hurry as they run out tho. Wednesday night is flip for your drink. Fun and you might get a free drink or many free drinks!!!! ON a prior trip we were at another resort and we brought our yellow tail to be cooked by their chef and it was AMAZING!!! So we came back!!!!! We will come back FOR SURE!!!! Islamorada is nice, a little sleepy and not as commercial as some of the other keys!!! BONUS the owners were professional football players and you can usually find one of them at the bar!!!! A really fun place!!

Room Tip: room 4 was great and the AC will keep it frosty if you are like me and love it cold in the room!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cheryl F
Reviewed 23 November 2011

Booked for 3 nights but only ended up staying 1 in the end.
We checked in ok and had a drink in the bar which was pleasant enough. Room was clean if basic and had everything you need. When returning from dinner at a local eatery noticed the bar was busy etc and there were people sat smoking on the chairs outside our door, went in the room and all was ok until at about 10pm someone was knocking loudly at the door, when I answered I was greeted by a drunk woman asking if it was my motorbike she had just fallen over outside our room in the car park, it wasnt and after me telling her this she moved on Down the rooms to find the owner!! Half an hour later and for the rest of the night all we heard was someone who I assume was this woman switching between loudly arguing with her partner and being violently sick in the next door room. It has been said before the wall between the rooms are obviously very thin. We were then woken between broken sleep with 45 minheld the alarm in the bar going off at 3am!!! By 6.30 I'd had enough and we upped and left, obviously you can't 'check out' as you've paid in advance and no one was around at that time. Ive emailed my comments since and await a reply but don't expect much.... I'm not certain what the owners could have done and maybe we were unlucky but I couldn't risk 2 more wasted nights so we moved...

• Stayed: November 2011
4  Thank m8oro
Reviewed 6 November 2011

Traveled to the Keys for the Tribute to Trapper. Sad but quite a wonderful affair! Just spent our very first night at the OV and plan on spending many more nights in the future! Loved everything about the place! The cleanliness most of all! The KeyZ decor the surrounding area.........private balconies/ beautifully landscaped paths to all the outside amenities they've got.......pool/outside BBQ/ private shower areas right outside your room/I could go on and on! My husband and I loved the OV and hope to be back ASAP! 5 stars all the way! Thanks so much Larz

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends