“Very comfy and good for un-fussy people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Islamorada
Ocean View Inn and Sports Pub
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed 2 nights in room #7 at the end (2 queen beds). The shower head in this room has a piercing spray that we could not adjust to make softer, so it was a bit painful. Water pressure was strong! Very clean room, nice private patio with outdoor shower and path leading to the pool and bar area. The pool was great, lots of people were using it each day – very convenient walk up area to bar so you could eat/drink by the pool. There was a large gas firepit with 6 Adirondack chairs that we used both nights, which was very relaxing. The bar has a nice outdoor area out back and it got pretty busy Sat and Sun nights. There is a path that leads to their boat dock and the bayside, and we saw numerous boats coming and going, so this is a very popular local hangout. Prices were very fair for drinks and food as well. This place is very comfy and good for un-fussy people. It is nicer than it looks when you pull in.
Two security things to be aware of: the front doors to the rooms lock automatically, so if you have your key inside the room and you are out by your car and the door shuts, you are locked out of your room. The other issue is with the sliding glass door. There is no way to lock it from the outside when you go out the back to the pool, so your room essentially remains open via the sliding glass door. You could keep that door locked from the inside and just use the front door and get to the pool through the bar, but that is inconvenient. There is also no one watching who goes where once you leave the pool area and head back towards each individual room path. We had no problems, I am just mentioning it as an FYI for others.

Room Tip: #7 was at the far end. Very little outside noise. AC unit was loud but I like that white noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank threedogsmom

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Easy to drive by, but don't. Beautiful bay view out back in a "come as you are" outdoor diner. Nothing fancy, plastic cutlery, but the best burgers and sandwiches, and fun staff. Felt right at home. Indoor sports pub, pool, rooms. An essential stop during your stay in the keys. It's just exactly what you need. Relax and enjoy!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank leslie b
Reviewed 3 February 2014

From the outside, this property looks old and small, but looks can be deceiving. Our room (#7) was very comfortable and spacious with a private patio overlooking some palm trees. A garden path leads to a small pool and a farther walk to the gulf. There is no ocean view. We were the last room away from the bar, which obviously can become noisy. It is a half a block away from the Theatre of the Sea. Although you can hear the cars from the Overseas Highway, it was not noisy at night. However, the air conditioner was quite noisy. Luckily we did not have to use it.

Room Tip: The farther away from the Pub, the quieter. Room 7 is the farthest away.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ccg20
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This review is only for the pub, and more specifically, the outdoor bar area. I was here for both nights of my stay in the Keys, as after the first night, I had to go back the next. Draft beer was cheap and served in ice cold mugs, and the pulled pork sandwich was delicious. The onion rings were tasty as well. Service from the bartenders (Kimmie and Mark) on each night was great, and they were quick to change a tv to another college football bowl game when requested. Granted, it was not a packed house when I visited, but I loved the atmosphere of the outdoor area. The fire pit was lit on the evenings I was there, and added some nice ambiance (but it was still too warm for this northerner to need to sit by it). I did not get to use the pool, nor did I venture down the path towards the water as it was after dark on each of my visits. I would certainly stop here again on a future visit to the Keys.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank travelbug91
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We visited with some great friends who live in Islamorada en route to Key West and they took us on a bar hop of some of their favourite pubs in the area. At the top of the list was this gem! If we had been on our own,, we would probably have just driven by this place. It didn't have a lot of curb appeal to us but, as soon as we got out of the car all of the locals were greeting one another and it didn't take long before we were sitting in the middle of a large crew of locals enjoying beers with a bay view; some of the friendliest people you'll meet! They even have a pool there (part of the Inn experience) in case you want to take a plunge and a beautiful view of the Bay is to your right. It was a simple set up but, cozy under the canopy and with no shortage of tvs to watch any sports game you wanted! We could have stayed there for hours but, had other local pubs to visit such as 'Whahoos' and 'Rumrunners'. These were also neat little spots worth a visit if you have time to spare!

Room Tip: We did not stay at the Inn. We only visited the pub which 'rocked!'
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Luvinitalways
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We spent 5 nights at the Ocean View and were very impressed with the room, the bar, the food and all of the employees. If you're a resort type of person, this place probably isn't for you, but it was perfect for this older blue collar couple. The rooms are clean, comfortable and have all the amenities. I was surprised how quiet the rooms were, even though the building sits so close to the highway and you don't hear any bar noise. The plus was the private patio each room has with a outdoor shower (there is an indoor shower too), table and chairs and a path to the swimming pool. From the highway the bar looks small, but in the back is a huge outdoor bar and tables, firepit, a kids play area and the swimming pool. From the back you have a view of the bay and there is a path down to the dock on the bay. My husband is a huge sports fan, so he was very happy here because no matter where you look, there is a tv. Chris, the bar back, always had a smile. Kim and Busch were great bartenders and fun to talk to. All the food we had was very good. If you are there on steak night (Thursday), highly recommend you partake. It was one of the best steaks I've ever had. I always try to point out any negatives, but the only thing I can come up with is that 5 pillows on a bed is way too many and we had to find a place to store them and tell the housekeeper not to put them back on the bed when she made up the room.

Room Tip: Room 7 has 2 double beds and is the end unit
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cynthia M
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I just realized most of my reviews are very positive, I don't tend to bother to write reviews for the poorer experiences. When I evaluate on tripadvisor a consideration is always the number of reviews. This property only has 7 rooms, I had room 5, a convenient distance from the attached sports bar that was not noisy on week nights in September. Only one other room was occupied The room was a bargain at 99.00 with king bed, fridge, microwave, free wifi. It had a very private outdoor patio with an outdoor shower (indoor shower also available). The room was loaded with towels, soaps, complementary hand scrub, pillows and even a giant stuffed fish on the bed. lots of light with patiio doors facing greenery and large window facing parking area. Powerful digital air conditioner and floor fan as well. Nicely landscaped walkways at the back went to a great pool. Even had a nice playing area for the kids. The attached sports bar is about what you would expect in the Keys. There is also a nice covered outdoor area and a pathway through the mangroves to a dock on the Bay side. Would definitely stay here again when in the middle upper Keys. Stayed 2 nights, visited some of the local attractions, walked through several of the parks and on beaches (st Annes beach is not far) . Check in is at the bar.

Room Tip: Room 5 worked for me!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo