Harbor Lights Motel
US$247
US$269
US$222
US$161
Cheeca Lodge & Spa(Islamorada)
US$376
US$356
US$302
US$269
Casa Morada(Islamorada)
US$359
Drop Anchor Resort(Islamorada)(Great Value!)
US$215
The Moorings Village(Islamorada)
Islander Resort(Islamorada)
  • Pool
All reviewsnice poolfull kitchenold floridaoceanfishinghammocks
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in!!! air condition did not work and the maids did not clean our room. They charged my credit card almost double than what I was supposed to pay. The owner is extremely rude. I would rather sleep in my car or under a bridge than in this dump!

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Zack J
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2014

Same reviewer. We evicted these people and they continue to write the same bad review 5 times. We are unable to stop these postings, but would hope the readers can determine for themselves that something else is going on here...

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Very rude staff. The owner is even ruder. He made me believe he's racist and don't like Hispanics. They definitely need an attitude adjustment. The rooms were dirty and disgusting. The pool was dirty and so cloudy that you couldn't see the bottom. I would never return there to stay again and I won't recommend it to anyone either. I've been to the keys many times before and I have never had such a bad experience.

Room Tip: The rooms are horrible. The staff very rude.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Aty B

These guests reserved a small single room, and then showed up with 11 people. They did not like the options presented to them (renting additional guest rooms) and were eventually asked to leave. They refused and were evicted by the Sherriff. They have written several bad reviews here on the website, but we assure the readers that it just is not true.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family and I booked a room for 4 for 2 nights by phone. We gave them our credit card just in case something happens they could just charge us from there. BIG MISTAKE! They charged us even though we did NOT stay.

There were more than four people in all honesty. But all of us were going fishing except for 3 people we booked for one extra person just in case someone felt the need to sleep.

My family and I drove 3 hours there. We were fine they haven't called us or anything so it was all fine it was settled that we were staying there.
When we arrived we tried to park in the front but there was no parking spot. We saw a woman walking but we weren't sure if she worked there or not so, we didn't ask her anything.
We decided to call my aunt. She was in charge of everything the reservation was under her name but we were the ones that paid. As we were calling the women asks us "What are you doing here?" we answered politely we are here for a reservation under the name of my aunts.

She says wait right here I'll be back.We waited like 20 minutes out side waiting. A man named Todd that is the owner from what I've read in the reviews. walked outside with a dog. From a far distance he was watching us for another 10 minutes.

He finally walked towards us and said "You are trespassing get out of my property or not I will call the cops" we were clearly not trespassing because we had a reservation and we had a reason to be there. My dad does not speak English but I do. I said nicely "We have a reservation." he says "okay." the women came and said "Your reservation has been canceled." she leaves right after the man, Todd says "Get out or not I'm going to call the cops. I'm going to get your license plate so if you are here again you will be arrested." We tried to explain that it was very late and we were very tired and had no place to stay but he didn't let us. He also took a PICTURE of the license plate not write it down. Which he didn't ask permission to take a photo of our license plate.

As we open the car door to get in he lets his dog get closer to us as if threatening us to get in the car fast. We drove in front of the street which is NOT his property. We waited to see if we could book someplace else but they were still there looking at us seeing if we leave or not. So we drove away and made a pit stop to call the card company to see if they would charge us and they did! We notified the credit card company they said we had to wait. Its been 2 weeks in a half already still our credit still hasn't been returned even though we clearly did not stay. Save yourself the hassle, money and diseases that I've seen mold and dirt every where on the other reviews don't stay here. Trust me you're going to remember this review. Also this was a lesson well learned to read reviews before you book.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Dayana L
HarborLightsMotel, General Manager at Harbor Lights Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

These people had 8-10 people trying to check into a double room which they reserved for 2 people. They were sneaking in after hours, when they thought no one would see them. They even parked way back in the boat storage lot to avoid detection (which is why it was immediately suspicious to us) and had 5 people in that car. Another car was on its way with several more people. We know this because we called the number on the reservation and the lady whose reservation it was admitted all this to us over the phone.

The events described in this review are untrue, except the part where we asked them to leave.

Todd Chandler

Reviewed 29 July 2014

They cancelled my room right in front of me because I asked about confirmation of pet prices. Let me explain: I booked online and after I got the name of the hotel, called to confirm (as I always do) the price, per pet. I got the price and was not thrilled but it's not easy to find pet friendly hotels, let alone a decent priced place to stay on the water. Now I know why it's available. When I got there, the desk clerk wanted 300% more than I had been quoted two days earlier. I asked for the place where the prices are posted and was told that they are not posted anywhere. "The company you got the room through doesn't know and we don't post our prices anywhere." I told her that I wanted to know why the price was raised and she told me "We can charge whatever we want and today the price is $XX. When I asked her to honor the price I was quoted, she said "Get your money back from the company you got the room through, either way I get my money." She said "I just cancelled your room." She got up and went to sweep the patio walkway with me talking midway. So incredibly rude. I had purchased insurance (who won't honor this particular issue) and now I'm fighting to get at least ONE day's rental back. Besides, when I went back outside, I was forced to find another room, lose one day's vacation and pay double out of my pocket to find a place that would take pets. These people are pirates. Stay away from here. Any problems, you never know what could happen. I believe that they do this to take your online hotel booking money and not have to do any work/guests.

Room Tip: Stay away - and don't believe anything about charges/costs unless you get it in writing. Have them send you an email.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Liz M

We are very fortunate to have the ability to get and respond to reviews. Tripadvisor is a wonderful tool that helps people make informed decisions. Unfortunately, however, it does nothing to stop posts that are malicious and untrue.

First, this lady was over the top out of control. She came in claiming that she was told our pet fees were $10, and not the $25 that is posted literally everywhere - on the website, on all reservation sites, at the front desk, etc. Not only have we never had a $10 pet fee, but no one ever told this lady this. Before our pet fee was enacted 5 years ago, we did not take pets at all. In fact, later this lady claimed to have been told by a "guy" prior to checking in that the pet fee was $10 - there is only one guy working at the hotel (myself) and I had never spoken to this guest prior to her arrival! She outright lied to the hotel, and she is lying in this review.

She is the one that cancelled her reservation, even though we tried to tell her several times what this entailed. She was abusive to the desk staff and was eventually asked to leave the hotel.

We are also displeased that she is able to rate our cleanliness and value when she chose not to stay at the hotel.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Me and best friend was checking into Harbor Lights for vacation for a few days. The service from the front desk receptionist on duty was fair. Check in begins at 3pm and the room was not ready until 3:30pm. Checking into our room a little later on walking into the room, the floors were not as clean, it looked like a rag was wiped across the floor. Closing the blinds, it was very dusty. On top of the TV stand, there was leftovers from a previous guest. The bathroom door scrapes across the ceiling, and particles fall from the ceiling. The shower head was broken and so was the vent hanging in midair. Later on that night getting into bed there was a sticky bird on the quilt, that poked my finger. Moreover a cockroach came out of the bathroom, and was going in and out with the broken wood on the bottom of the wall. Me and best friend didn't even bother trying to get rid of the cockroach, we just packed our bags and left at midnight. We end up staying some blocks down at Pelican Cove Resort. The gentleman at the front desk on duty that night was very kind, helpful, and let us stay for the night. This hotel, Pelican Cove Resort has the standards and qualities that met me and my best friend needs. The next day coming back from our reservation with Fury Key West Adventure around 5ish going to check out, the service after was terrible. The lady at the front desk from the prior day was there at that time. She was not apologetic about anything that happened for the few hours that we were there for. I would not stay here again or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Catiana B

We are so very sorry that we did not live up to your expectations! We have shared you comments with the cleaning and maintenance staff, in the hopes that this does not occur again in the future! Please let us know when you are travelling in our area again, so we can make it up to you! We pride ourselves in providing a clean and comfortable room at an attractive price, and we look forward to the opportunity to get things right during your next stay!

Once again, our sincere apologies!