“Where did the time go?”
Review of Bamboo Charters

Bamboo Charters
Ranked #10 of 165 Tours in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: Islamorada, Florida Keys Boating and Fishing Charter Service. Offering Inshore and Backcountry fishing charters from Flats to Wreck and Reef fishing as well as fun, Rod Bending fishing trips. We also offer sight seeing, sunset trips and eco-tours, snorkeling trips and family fun fishing as well. We have two 24ft. boats along with a professional crew. Families are always welcome. Customer service is number 1
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My cousin and i recently booked a few days with Bamboo Charters, I happened to know Capt. Keith Tucker from previous trips in California and Nevada for flyfishing. When I found out he had relocated, I knew i was going to make a trip of a lifetime in the Florida Keys! Originally we had planned to fish two solid days, but we had so much fun that we went out four days! Keith put us on the fish every day! We caught snapper, barracuda, seatrout, ladyfish, snook, catfish, jacks, black tip sharks and even a 7ft hammerhead! We hooked up on a few tarpon, but could not land the crafty buggers! Over 4 days, I believe I reeled in 80-90 fish! Keith spoiled us rotten with his knowledge of what to do and was eager to help us with our shortcomings to land more fish.

As for the rest of the facility, it was absolutely great! We met Matt briefly at the bar and also heard him talking about us on the radio on Saturday, was such a fun overall experience! The boats are meticulously taken care of and well organized. I felt at home and was in awe of the back country. Bamboo Charters is truly and top notch facility and I will be back at some point to finally land a tarpon!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"experienced fisherman"
"first class operation"

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had an excellent time on our fishing charter and I would recommend Bamboo to anyone visiting Islamorada. Our captain [Keith] wasn't an old salty dog............not saying being a salty dog is a bad thing.......but Keith was like a multi-spiced dog. Keith, 24 Ranger boats, clean marina and good fishing.....That's 4 reasons that I will be back!!!!!!

Had A Great Time,
Jug

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Second time fishing with Matt's team! Fished with Keith and had a blast! We landed a 140 pound tarpon at the Channel 2 bridge which took us for a ride through the bridge but it was fantastic!
Gail and I we're beat from catching so many fish.

I will make reservations in advance to fish with Bamboo and Keith next time in down in the keys.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

“Caren L. "Awesome Fishing Trip with Captain Matt"”
Pending review
My husband, son and I recently were vacationing in the Key Largo Florida. Everything about our trip was great. However, the absolutely highlight of the trip was spending the afternoon on a private charter boat with "Captain Matt" from Islamorada, FL. The only ways to decribe him is incredibly fun and funny, extremely knowledgable about fishing and boating and just an all around super nice guy! He took us to a beautiful area in the everglades on his very comfortable and clean boat, provided us with all necessary equipment to fish and and/or relax. Soft drinks and water is also provided. Practically from the very moment we starting fishing, we kept on reeling in fish! But what was soooo memorable was when my son, Noah, caught a 7 foot, 200+ pound lemon shark! OMG! It took him almost 25 minutes to reel it in!! Captain Matt was there to encourage him at all times. Even when Noah (who is 11 yrs old and weighs 95 pounds) was about to give up (he was saying I can't do it) Matt was there telling him "Can't never did nothing"!! That saying goes a long way and will now be our life's mantra! Anyway, talk about an amazing moment that we will never forget. In addition to that shark, 3 other sharks were also caught! Throughout our 4 hour trip, countless fish were caught and released. If you want to keep the fish, Matt will do that for you, too. Well, the 4 hours flew by because we had such a great time. Our wonderful Captain even reccommended a restaurant for us and called for reservations for us! Lastly, in addition to the "shark" memory, what I will always remember is the instant bond Catain Matt and Noah had. It was if they knew each other for years, I strongly reccommend a day of fishing with Matt! You will not regret it. Info is...
www.IslamoradaFishingFun.com and the phone# is 305 394 000

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We called many different companies when looking for a quick fishing trip to introduce our 5-year old and 8-year old boys to fishing for the first time. We were concerned about being out on the boat for a long time given the typical short attention span of a 5-year old. This was the only company we found that would offer shorter than a four-hour trip.

Captain Matt took us out for a lovely two-hour introductory fishing trip. He brought us to the perfect spot out in the ocean toward the Everglades where the kids were catching fish as quickly as we could get lines in the water. Perfect instant gratification for the kids. We must have caught 20-30 fish of many different varieties in two hours. Captain Matt was very knowledgeable about all of the fish, and took the time to show us each fish and explain interesting details about them before releasing them. We saw several sea turtles, and even a shark which broke one of our lines a few times. This was a perfect trip for young families, and Captain Matt did a great job with the kids. He even mentioned their names as he called in and did a segment for a local radio show he does daily. Great trip! Highly recommended!