“Always welcomed!”

Ranked #38 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Smugglers Cove Restaurant and Bar located at mm 85.5 Bayside is one of the locals favorite with convenient access by car or by boat.Framed by the beautiful marina with a view where you will get a glimpse of an occasional dolphin or tarpon, this restaurant has gained a reputation as the place for delicious food and great entertainment. A menu that offers a blend of cuisines and influences mixing Maine with American and Floridian Seafood dishes….Chef Josh is constantly creating new daily specials for the menu, which is sure to please every guest even vegetarians. Also available is a kids menu that is sure to please every kid even the fussiest!A late nite menu is available that reflects the freshest local fish and burgers as well as the finest variety of appetizers. Open Seven Days a Week from 11am to 12midnight, with entertainment every Monday through Sunday makes Smugglers Cove not only the best place to eat, but also the best entertainment too!
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Love coming back time and time again...miss kitty kat, Brit and Erica to mention a few..always smiling...remember my cocktail and food is always great! My favorite chicken wings EVER! Order them extra extra crispy!!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We had just arrived in Islamorada, came over a bridge..were hungry for lunch,
and saw the sign for Smugglers Cove...so we pulled in. The atmosphere is really what the Florida Keys are all about. Nothing fancy for sure...but enjoyable. Our server was a very courteous and pleasant young man. While in the keys, I usually don't order a burger, but our server assured me they were very good.. and it was... A half pounder, served with great French fries. My wife ordered crab cakes. We were both shocked to see the size (2), which were as big as a hamburger and very reasonably priced. My very much enjoyed them! We left full...and ready for our Keys experience. We will definitely stop in again on our next visit.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

The bartender was more worried about going outside with a gentlemen instead of her costumers. There were several people waiting for drinks while she was on her phone. It took us 20 min to get three drinks and she would return outside. she was very rude when she returned to the bar. Its a shame the bartender had such a poor attitude in what could be such a great place.

1  Thank sam1438
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Again, we stopped by here on a whim. As an author, I loved the name: Smugglers Cove. How could I not? The stories the name conjures up are endless. This place promoted itself on its huge sign as a resort. Uhm...a bit lacking and rundown on that respect, but we didn't stay there so I can't attest to the service of the "resort".

Hubby had the Jamaican jerk wings, which he thought were very good. Although the skin was very crisp, which often means the meat would be over-cooked and dry, it was moist. The jerk had good flavor. I don't normally like wings, but I tried a bite and it was very savory. I had the Caesar salad with shrimp, and it's one of the best Caesars I've ever had. The shrimp was succulent.

The server took great care of us and overall we were very happy with our trip there. We would definitely go again because the food and service were excellent.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

We went here last night around 7pm and there were no lights on and no cars in the parking lot. It must be seasonal. Watch what time of year your visit.