“A great family experience for all ages and level anglers”
Review of Tag 'Em Sport Fishing Charters - CLOSED

Tag 'Em Sport Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tag'Em Charters is an offshore sportfishing experience of a life time. We are located at the World Famous Whale Harbor Marina in Islamorada, FL. Captain Greg, owner and operator, has over 20 years experience fishing in the Florida Keys. Come aboard the 40 foot #1 Hull and catch a variety of fish including swordfish, sailfish, dolphin, tuna, snappers, groupers, kingfish, sharks, and much more. We can't wait to fish with you!!
Reviewed 12 July 2011

I started fishing in Islamorada around 1985 and since finding Capt. Greg on the Tag 'Em in 1999, my family has not fished with anyone else! It was the summer of '99 when I took my step-son and son (15 and 8 at the time) for their first deep sea fishing trip...and my hubby came along for the ride. Capt. Greg and his mate were patient, encouraging, and helpful with the boys, which was extremely important to me. I wanted them to have a good first experience so they would want to continue fishing. We caught our limit of dolphin and I landed my first billfish...a Blue Marlin...on that first trip on the Tag 'Em. Since then, I have booked Capt. Greg for numerous trips, including yearly sailfish tournaments, due to his professionalism, fishing knowledge/expertise, work ethic, and personality. He is hard working and it pays off as shown in our catches! August 2010, I went sword fishing, and plan to do so again this summer. We are headed back to Islamorada in about 3 weeks and already have days booked on the Tag 'Em in anticipation of another great fishing experience!

Bring cameras, lunch and drinks and have a cooler on hand for your catch when you get back to the dock!

1  Thank hagfishin

Reviewed 7 July 2011

Prebooked 2 full days fishing off shore. Day 1 boat broke less than 10 min into trip leaving us high and dry. Capt Pope disappeared - looking for mechanic leaving 5 of us on the dock with the mate and dock master. Capt had promised to throw in 1 night trip for shark and tarpon told us on arrival he had booked a paying customer for the night and couldn't take us out that night.
We found a replacement charter at another marina and finally left the dock at 10:00 am
capt pope left voice mail for us at 10:30 that problem was fixed and we were on for day 2.
Day 2: Arrived and were underway capt pope did not bother to catch or buy any live bait even though we requested. After all he was the capt. Told us reports were fish were farther offshore - a very long ride in ROUGH seas. Managed to boat a few fish. Could hardly move around with the rocking and tossing. Said now there were no fish being caught. We asked to go to a place we had caught tuna and Dorado the day before he said there was no use going there were no reports of fish being caught. So we asked if we could go closer in and fish for snapper etc. Said it would cost us an extra $600. +we now says no night fishing because it is a holiday and there would be too much traffic in the channel. He knew this whence booked our trip...... not hard to see the deception was intentional. Told my son he would let him try and hook one pf the tarpon that hung around the marina while he was. doing this capt was trying to give him instruction and turned to another person on the dock and said "see what I have had to put up with all day....+..........We are by no means professional fisherpersons (with the exception of my husband who is) but have sport fished all over the world. Never have we been treated as poorly and paid for that privilege - THE CUSTOMER IS NOT APPRECIATED OR VALUED BY CAPT POPE.

4  Thank Leonilda1245
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Went with Greg ----on the tag em weekend of July 4th. We chartered the boat for 2 full days and were promised a free tarpon and shark trip to go with our 2 days of trolling. The first day we arrived at the slip, loaded gear and the boat broke down before we reached the end of the chanel. We were left hanging, scrambling to find another boat on the holiday weekend. After a great day fishing on a different boat we arrived back at Whale Harbor to fish on the tag em. Shortly after leaving we were surprised to see we didnt stop to get live bait which worked well the day prior. The mate told me that they didnt fish with live bait becasue the cigar minnows would actually out run the mahi and they wouldnt eat them. I knew we were in trouble when i heard that, Im no pro at this but Im not stupid. The day fishing sucked. We got on a couple schools of mahi but they would not take the dead bally whoo and chunks we had. We all know livies work when cut dont. On top of all this the captain cut our trip short an hour and a half we arrived at the dock at 2 pm, left at 7am, lines out of the water around 1pm, except for a little trolling at about 20mph-way too fast. When I questioned gregg about it he stated he thought the seas were too rough for my parents who sat in the galley for most of the trip- FINE, but he should have asked, or let us sit on the reef in calmer water for grouper if he was so concerned. When we rode in he stated he could not fulfill his offer to take us tarpon fishing that evening because there was too much boat traffic. The guy is a liar and a poor fisherman, makes honest boats look bad. We spent $900 on 2 fish with this guy-BEWARE.

3  Thank jcrx7