“Sailfish Tournament Winners with Capt. Greg Pope on the Tag 'Em!”
Review of Tag 'Em Sport Fishing Charters - CLOSED

Tag 'Em Sport Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Tag'Em Charters is an offshore sportfishing experience of a life time. We are located at the World Famous Whale Harbor Marina in Islamorada, FL. Captain Greg, owner and operator, has over 20 years experience fishing in the Florida Keys. Come aboard the 40 foot #1 Hull and catch a variety of fish including swordfish, sailfish, dolphin, tuna, snappers, groupers, kingfish, sharks, and much more. We can't wait to fish with you!!
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Capt. Greg Pope did a great job of putting us in front of enough fish to win the 2012 Islamorada Poor Girl's Sailfish tournament on Feb. 1st. (29 boats, 76 anglers, 89 hookups and 76 releases) His expertise and knowledge of fishing in Islamorada for years paid off. He did not run to the "radio bite," but waited for the fish to come to us. We capitalized on every fish we saw, catching and releasing 6 for the win. Capt. Pope and his mate, Josh Krieg, could not have worked harder to make it a successful day. Of course, we anglers did our part as well! We also had the largest tuna in the tourney. If you are looking for a hard working and fun crew who will give you their all, book the Tag 'Em. Just for the record, he is already booked for Feb. 6, 2013 as we will be back to defend our title!!!

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Excellent service, excellent operation. Captain Greg and his Deckhand Josh worked well with our kids and treated every member of the family with dignity and respect. They made the day fun, educational and memorable. Captain Greg knows the waters well and gave us angling choices. - And his experience shows, he put us on fish all day long. He made sure we caught what we wanted to catch...Tuna, Kingfish, Dolphin and shots at Sailfish. To finish off an awesome day on the water, Captain Greg filleted some of our fish and made reservations at a restaurant where they cooked our fish to order. What a day for the memory books!

FIVE STARS FOR PROFESSIONALISM, ABILITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Darrin Heim and Family
American Tackle Company

Reviewed 14 January 2012

My husband and I had such a great time during the holiday with Captain Greg Pope and his hard working first mate Josh. I had no prior experience booking an all-day split private charter or deep sea fishing and this was a last minute vacation trip. Captain Pope replied to my email with a phone call right away was very friendly and helpful on the phone and I felt confident we would have a good time… and the price was reasonable. We were not disappointed. We had a fantastic time! Capt. Greg and Josh were friendly and motivating, we immediately felt comfortable and excited to catch fish. We caught over 100 lbs of Kingfish and a Yellowtail Tuna; the captain tried hard for a Sailfish but they just weren't biting. Capt. Greg filleted "all" of the fish for us and made reservations at a nearby restaurant who prepared the fish excellently - it was absolutely delicious! The entire day was a blast! It was a great end to a great vacation. We will recommend Tag ‘Em to our friends and family and will book again when we are back in Florida!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

My Family fished with Captain Greg two times during our trip to Islamorada. The first was a day offshore with my two teenage boys. We caught a huge Mahi( 40+ lbs, ate it for 3 nights at different restaurants) and some Tuna. The second trip was an evening shark fishing trip with my entire family including my wife, teenage boys and 15 month old son. Captain Greg and his crew could not have been more accomodating for my family. Ask him to make his sushi dish! My family loved it! Nice boat and very knowledgeable crew.

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I booked Tag'em Sport Fishing on Dec 27th. I went with my wife and 4 children, ages 13,15, 21, & 22 yrs old. We booked a half day trip. This was our first time on a charter fishing boat and all I can say is it was a great experience. Capt Greg, son Ben, & First Mate Josh were awesome. All three seemed very knowledgable and is was a real treat to watch the capt-in-training, Ben. He preformed his duties with great enthusiasm. It was amazing watching Josh gather the cast net, drape it over his shoulders and throw a perfect strike to catch our bait fish. The seas were a little rough and the fishing was slow arcross the whole fleet of fishing boats. But, Capt Greg did manage to pull some tricks out of his magic bag and put us on some fish. When we came in, Ben jumped right up and filleted and bagged our fish in no time flat.

I would highly recommed using Capt Greg. The next time my family is in the Florida Keys, we will definatley book Tag'em Sport Fishing again.

1  Thank 26Dennis