“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I just got back from an great stay at the Postcard Inn, from the moment we checked in the guy (troy I think) was so warm and helpful.I went with my sister who is 12 and my 4 and 6 year old. This place is so family friendly from the kids room while you are checking in to the family board games in the lobby when the sun gets to be to much. Our room was amazing it was #139 with the most gorgeous view! The new owners have clearly really tried to think of everything from beach volley ball ,bean bag toss, great water sports rentals even MASSAGE on the beach!! BTW totally worth it the woman was out of this world amazing and I get massages all the time.The staff really made us feel very taken care of Kim our bartender on the weekend was soooo I came home to am email from her with great pictures of us having fun in the pool.I would greatly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Get a ocean view if you can
1  Thank Maggie H
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay. I especially appreciate you pointing out all of the different associates who helped to make memories for you and your family. I hope that you will return soon!!

There are newer reviews for Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina

Reviewed 16 August 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to do a middle of the week getaway. I bought a deal for this place on LivingSocial because the pictures looked great on the website. When we arrived, we couldn't check in immediately because we were early. The hotel staff was friendly and offered for us to use the amenities while our room was being readied. We ate lunch at the Jaws Rawbar which was very crowded. The food was really good and not too expensive. The price was moderate for the Keys and the portion sizes were good. The frozen drinks were also great. The staff was very busy (we arrived on a Wednesday) during the lunch rush and service was decent. When we finally checked in, our room seemed a bit small. The room was clean and everything was seemingly nice. Later that night, when we were about to sleep, we realized that the air conditioner was making all sorts of weird noises and the one window in the small room had no blinds. The street light reflected in our room the whole night!! It was horrible! We didn't bother to complain until the morning. We informed the front desk and they told us that we should have informed then that night of the issues. Anyway, we were upgraded to a larger room and given a discount to stay an additional night. Our stay was enjoyable because the staff was helpful and made sure we were comfortable. The beach area was a bit small but nice and not too crowded. The Rumrunners Bar has a great view of the whole resort and we loved it. Because the staff was so helpful and accommodating I would definitely return!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Thanks for your comments. We appreciate hearing both the good and the not so good about your stay. I was really pleased to hear that the staff did an excellent job of taking care of you once it was identified that there was a problem. Also glad to hear you enjoyed the views from Rumrunners. Its a great bar!!
Please come back again. We would love to serve you.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

As I write this i am looking out the window to palm trees and a beautiful white sandy beach. The room is in the 300 block and recently refurbished if not to an excellent standard.

The owners have clearly tried hard with this place and generally succeeded. Yes the bathrooms are small, the towels and shampoo minimal, the beach umbrellas cost money to rent, the security is way too intrusive and over enthusiastic but overall this is a pleasant place and nobody staying here is likely to be disappointed.

By the generally not brililant standards of the keys this hotel shines. It is well located and only 5-8 minutes by car to the Islamorada Fish Company, it is next to the Theatre of the Sea for dolphin and other shows.

It has a nice pool area, great though expensive cocktails (i guess $12 bucks including tip for a cocktail is at the higher end of expectations) but the pool at 5:30 to 7pm as the sun goes down and with a good view over water is a lovely place to be and relax.

Overall book here and be happy you will enjoy it (mostly).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a fridge This should be standard and not extra in a hotel like this
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
cruiseking15, General Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. Not sure which drink you ordered but most of our drinks are between $7 and $10.50 depending on which liquors are used. We do have one of teh best beaches in the middle and upper keys and sunrises are quite spectacular. Hope you return soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2012 via mobile

I just stayed at this place with my wife and we loved it. The pool right by the ocean, the ocean view rooms, dive shop, bars, it's all very convenient n nice.
The only issue I had was that when I made my reservation I was given the option/chose to upgrade if available. When I got to the hotel, they said that they had those rooms available but they knew nothing about the discount option. I showed them the email confirmation and they said that it had to be wrong. I was unsure about who was "wrong" but I decided not to let it ruin our stay.
Aside from that, it was great. I recommend it if you're looking for a nice little getaway.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I stayed at the Post card inn on August 15-16th in room 338. Upon our arrival The exterior of the resort seemed a bit on the shabby side and covered with caterpillars( I noted this because my friend was freaked out the entire time by them), but once you enter the lobby area the interiors seemed to have been renovated.
My friend and I were early for our 3:30 pm check in so we were advised by the reception staff to hang out at the raw bar and they would call us once the room was finished. Fortunately for us we were already wearing our bathing suits so we were able to go the "beach ". It was disappointing to say the least as it was more rocks than sand. After that we went to check on the status of our room where we were told that it would be another 15 minutes. We knew better than to believe that so we went for lunch at Shula burgers by the time we got our bill reception finally called us at 4:17 to let us know the room was ready.
Thankfully, on first glance the room seemed clean and comfortable and quaintly decorated. The bathroom was a different story the floor seems to be covered with the previous guests hair and the tub was stopped up the entire time and things were literally falling apart. When i went to vending machine it took my money, i called the front desk and they were very apologetic and said they would give me a refund. They also suggested that i go to the chevron station to buy water. Since they seemed to be aware of the vending machine issue it might have been nice if the machine was marked out of order.
Dinner on the property and elsewhere ended very early, most places closed at 9pm. We were fortunate to be able to find a place opened until 10. To sum it up this was a very average place and I would probably only stay here again if there were some sort of promotion.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank amp8383
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We live in Sarasota, so are a bit spoiled when it comes to beaches, but we were extremely surprised how lovely this property was! The rooms were spotless and didn't have that wear and tear that most beach places have over time. Our view was incredible from building two. We could keep an eye on our twin boys (14) who wanted to wander around to see what was going on. There was sufficient staff to ask questions and everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful. We went offshore fishing with Captain Green and caught so many fish we were beat half way through the trip! Four hours of fishing and we caught 19 mauhi and five tuna. This is our third vaction this summer (one to NYC and then to San Antonio) and has been by far the most enjoyable, fun and relaxing. I would recommend the Post Card Inn to both families and friends looking for a place where they can enjoy the beach, pool, tiki bars without having to leave the property. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I would spend the extra few dollars to stay in a beachfront room. Waking up and drinking coffee on...
2  Thank Rae811

Wow! Sounds like you had quite a productive fishing trip and had a lot of fun as well. We appreciate all of your favorable comments and observations. Please come back soon. There will still be plenty of fish to catch and lots of fun on the beach.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

The newly renovated rooms are cute and clean. The staff efficient and friendly. Many water activities available. Stay away from building 700. Outdated and a little scarry. The layout of the property is spread out, however, durable.

Room Tip: Ask for beachfront and newly renovated!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Ocean House
Ocean House
#1 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!