“Decent amenities, rooms are okay.” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Miami, Florida, United States
“Decent amenities, rooms are okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

My wife and I recently stayed two nights (Sun. & Mon. night) after having bought the discount package from Living Social. We were told they had just completed a multi-million dollar renovation. It was more noticeable on the outside amenities and less on the room. The front desk reception staff was very friendly and helpful.

Starting with the room, it was very presentable, but it was just aesthetics. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. No mini-fridge, no microwave. The bathroom was okay with plenty of hot water. We found several ants around the room. They do have DirecTV. The balcony light was not working. We could hear everything in the hallway and the rooms next to us. It was very noisy. Neither one of the two security doors to our floor was working properly. We were grateful, though, that the A/C was working fine.

The large outside pool area was well maintained and clean with plenty of lawn chairs. We had a great experience renting a boat / jet ski tour from Jim and Skip was a great tour guide and it was great fun driving the SeaDoo on the open ocean. The food from the Raw Bar and Shula's Burgers on the hotel property were both fantastic. Nice place to take a walk at night with two fire pits next to the marina.

Beware of purchasing this deal from Living Social with regards to checkout time. Our coupon voucher specified a 1pm checkout time. Unusual, I know. I should have verified that when checking in. The morning of our departure, we went to have breakfast off the property and came back at noon and our room card was deactivated. Thankfully, the housekeeper let us in, reminding us of the standard 11am checkout time.

Above all, I am surprised that after a multi-million dollar renovation, they couldn't invest money on decent mattresses.

To end on a positive note, great place to take pictures at sunset!

1 Thank Jose H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

We stayed a night at Postcard Inn during our trip to the Keys for our 20th anniversary. What an amazing place! Great service, great view, and comfortable rooms. Very relaxing. Ate at one of the restaurants on the beach and again, had great service, good food, and great view. Would definitely return.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Ben B, Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
It's been a while. Come back and visit. We'd love to see you again.
Boynton Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

We enjoyed our 3-day, 2-nite stay at this resort. It has extensive beach areas, a shapely heated pool (which could have been less cold), lots of lounge chairs, and numerous water sport items, e.g., Wave Runners. Sunsets were pretty. See Inn's photos. The lobby was great, computers were available for use at no extra charge; and the staff was friendly and helpful.
However, the room left much to be desired. The bathroom is not up to American standards. There was no divider between the shower's floor and the rest of the bathroom floor. As a consequence, the entire bathroom floor got we when the shower was used. Also, our shower had no bracket at head height to hold the handheld shower head. Also, there was no shelf or counter for toiletries. The room, while spacious and well insulated for sound (everything in the Keys seems to be constructed of concrete) had sparse, albeit funky furniture. But the headboard was decorated with thick hemp rope, the smell of which annoyed us throughout the night.

Room Tip: Rooms WITHOUT an ocean view in other parts of the resort might avoid the problems I describe; but av...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

A friend recommended Islamorada to us. We went on the visitors bureau website and looked at all the places to stay and chose this one because it seemed it would suite us best. Our room was fantastic, right in front of the beach! We during mid-Nov so it was nice to not have too many guests around the area. We loved everything and would definitely go back if we go to the Keys again.

Room Tip: The map of the property is very helpful and very accurate. You can call and ask the front desk for m...
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2012

I'm an avid florida keys vacationer with my parents who live in the keys. There are plenty of places to stay down here of varying rates and amenities. I was traveling with 2 children and my spouse and also made this the "reunion" spot for some local Miami friends and their family. Let me just say this place has come a long way since the 80s and 90s It's apparent the new management put a lot of money and effort to give this place a facelift. Making sure the grounds and rooms were updated and a lot of effort to not allow outsiders to "spend the day here" leaving it a bit more inclusive for the guests. Everything you néed is onsite. I stayed in a lovely oceanfront double queen room with direct beach access. It was perfect for coming in and out as needed and was perfect location for the days activities. However the nighttime noise , atleast during a Friday and Saturday stay is loud loud loud. They do forewarn you and make you sign a waiver. But it's really loud. So if you have small children or sleep before 1 am. You will find yourself tossing turning and not getting a rest. The dj on Friday night was awful as well. So that didn't help. Soused like a bad wedding or cheesy sweet 16 . The Saturday night was a live rock band. And they were great. But the place was quite dead for suck loud hopping music. All in all I enjoyed our stay. I booked a fishing package which have us a discounted rate. The other rooms in el capita in which I also booked for friends was certainly more remote and quiet and private. But those are not updated. The shower doors literally falling off its hinges in surprise they allow people to stay there. And apparently guests with pets allow for their does to "make" in the grassy areas without cleaning up. My other friends stayed in 400 a building. And used a walk in rate coupon which worked out great. On the phone they wanted 300 a night and the walkin coupon have then a room for 99 bucks

Anyhow it seems its worth investigating package rates and online deals. The reception and customer service at front desk were very very friendly and helpful and welcoming.
This place has great atmosphere and amenities as far as music and bars and resturaunts and water sports / fishing

If recommend but I highly and strongly suggest you ask about the noise level of your room location for the evening

Other than that one complaint of the noise and not sleeping well feeling not relaxed when I awoke ... I really like everything else about this place.
The housekeeping staff and people all around the property were kind friendly and accommodating.

Looks like I'm paying a half day rate though as my spouse is utilizing the fishing package and isn't coming in till 230. They are charging me for the extra hours of staying on the property. I guess that's fair but I feel like I'm owed a half day of sleep! Lol.

My friends and family enjoyed the oceanfront accessibility of our rooms And the memories we made here at the
Postcard inn.
There are plenty of other places you can stay if you are looking for peace and quiet day And night. But none of the places I've stayed in has the ability to keep you on site for most of the day and night like this place does.
So great for a group
Overall a Great place. Just the noise level is my only complaint. Thanks for the memories post card inn and for the great makeover you have this place

But if your gonna keep people up at night with music make it worth listening too!
I thought I had a nightmare hearing Whitney's "how will I know" and the electric slide!!!!

But again there may be other rooms that you don't hear the nightly entertainment but not sure if you can have it both ways.meaning great room location, beach access updated room, AND good nights rest.

Perhaps in other people's comments you'll find out the "perfect location" here at PCI
Or I'm sure the front desk staff could tell you if you asked , so I suggest you do that and reserve the room :)

I'll be back I'm sure. Just need to find out which rooms are the best of the best pci has to offer

See you soon islamorada :)

• Stayed November 2012
Franklin, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2012

We were here for my sister’s wedding. I work in the industry so my standards are fairly high and the rooms (bathrooms in particular) could use some love. It seems they renovated the living area but as many hotels do they didn't spend money on the bathroom, which to me other than the bed is the most important part. Just wish companies wouldn't overlook this.
We had a suite in the main building and the view was outstanding. For a getaway party experience this was a nice place to stay. Unfortunately you can hear the music from the Tiki Bar in the room, and if you are up most of the night partying this is not a big deal, if you’re not this could be an issue. They did move my mother before even checking her into a room knowing that noise could be an issue and they have a sign at the check in desk about the noise. It was nice to have the raw bar on site for food and several bars, the beach and pool area were very nice too. The wedding was small and the site was very nice. I am not sure why they allowed the jet skis to keep running back and forth by the dock when they had a wedding going on but otherwise it was a very nice night. Little dark at the reception, maybe battery operated candle lights would be better than flame that went out with the wind.

Service at the tiki bar was poor, the bartendars really seemed to have blinders on. The front desk and housekeeping staff were all very nice.

Overall a nice place, I am sure I am more critical than the average person, I only wish that I had better night’s sleep and that the bathrooms had some attention since 1970.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
WISH_U_WERE_HERE305, Director of Operations at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
NortheastTravelbug, Greetings from Postcard Inn Beach Resort at Holiday Isle. Thank you for staying with us and we always appreciate feedback, particularly from industy colleagues. Our recent renovations were focused on areas we thought would have the most impact on our guests to enjoy a Florida Keys getaway, and we're making continuing improvements to all areas of the resort. My apologies for the poor service you experienced in our Tiki Bar and be assured we've followed up with the team as appropriate. Our goal is that every guest feels relaxed and comfortable during their time with us. We tried some extended band hours in the Tiki Bar over the holiday week, and based on feedback we've received we've returned to our original format. Thanks again for staying with us and we hope to see you should your travels return you to Islamorada. Best Regards, Jason
Orange County
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2012

Beware $15 hidden charges, eventhough on the travel websites we booked on said it was free. Then they stuck us in room 430, this room was the size of a large shoebox 8x14, we barely had enough room to put our luggage. The room didn't have dark window shades, it was near vending machines and washer/dryer. No ice in the ice machine. I should have taken pictures.

Room Tip: If you want to pay an extra $50 to upgrade room + plus the $15 hidden charges
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
WISH_U_WERE_HERE305, Director of Operations at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Good Day Jon D, Thanks for trying Postcard Inn at Holiday Isle, and for providing us with feedback about your stay. Understanding where we can improve is extremely important to us. We have two guestrooms at the resort, 430 and 431, that are smaller compared to our other rooms and feature one queen size bed. They are listed on our website as a "Classic Queen" with one queen size bed. We have ice machines throughout the resort, and unfortunately sometimes folks will fill up their coolers with this ice, leaving a machine empty for a bit. We do sell bags of ice at our convenience store located at the front of the resort. We'll create some new signage to place on the machines, promoting this option to our cooler carrying guests. Our resort fee is disclosed on every site that we are aware of and feel free to contact me directly to let me know where you booked, so I can follow up appropriately. Thanks again for the feedback and we hope you'll try us again should your travels return you to the fabulous Florida Keys. I'd love for you to stay in one of our King rooms. Best Regards, Jason
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Hilton Key Largo Resort
Hilton Key Largo Resort
#14 of 19 in Key Largo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,702 reviews

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle? Share your experiences!