My wife and I recently stayed two nights (Sun. & Mon. night) after having bought the discount package from Living Social. We were told they had just completed a multi-million dollar renovation. It was more noticeable on the outside amenities and less on the room. The front desk reception staff was very friendly and helpful.
Starting with the room, it was very presentable, but it was just aesthetics. The bed was lumpy and uncomfortable. No mini-fridge, no microwave. The bathroom was okay with plenty of hot water. We found several ants around the room. They do have DirecTV. The balcony light was not working. We could hear everything in the hallway and the rooms next to us. It was very noisy. Neither one of the two security doors to our floor was working properly. We were grateful, though, that the A/C was working fine.
The large outside pool area was well maintained and clean with plenty of lawn chairs. We had a great experience renting a boat / jet ski tour from Jim and Skip was a great tour guide and it was great fun driving the SeaDoo on the open ocean. The food from the Raw Bar and Shula's Burgers on the hotel property were both fantastic. Nice place to take a walk at night with two fire pits next to the marina.
Beware of purchasing this deal from Living Social with regards to checkout time. Our coupon voucher specified a 1pm checkout time. Unusual, I know. I should have verified that when checking in. The morning of our departure, we went to have breakfast off the property and came back at noon and our room card was deactivated. Thankfully, the housekeeper let us in, reminding us of the standard 11am checkout time.
Above all, I am surprised that after a multi-million dollar renovation, they couldn't invest money on decent mattresses.
To end on a positive note, great place to take pictures at sunset!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Florida Keys favorite beloved by beach-lovers and boaters, the oceanfront Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina at Holiday Isle (or PCI for short) in Islamorada is located minutes from Key Largo and a short drive from Fort Lauderdale/Miami and Key West. This iconic resort blends the retro, throwback atmosphere of a nostalgic American beach vacation with modern amenities like WiFi, iPod docks and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Resorts And Marina
- Holiday Isle Resorts & Marina Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Islamorada
- Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina At Holiday Isle Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys