So I have mixed reviews of this place. First impression was really not good at all. We arrived here at midnight on a Friday night. Upon arrival we were greater with blaring music from the tiki bar and whole lot of noise and drunkenness. The lady on checkin was good, but I had booked a room with an ocean front view and the only ones available were right above the tiki bar. Prior to checkin I had called and requested if they have a microwave in the room which they told me that if I request upon checkin they will place in room as I have two young kids. When i requested the lady in the front desk she pretty much said not possible as they never do that and the lady on the phone was wrong. however she will try and get me a room that has a micro or a stove top. she found us a place and shacked us up in the 500 building that seemed to be right above the marina and tiki bar and had good views but the music was blaring and the room seemed really dated and not even cleaned. Any how we moved it as it was now 1 am and we were just exhausted. Upon moving in we noticed little bugs and ants in the room which I complained to her about and she said that this is the keys , you will find ants everywhere. That just tipped the scale that she did not even try to cover it up. We were so desperate that we slept there but before doing so booked another hotel for the rest of our stay ( 5 days) with the intention of moving out the next morning.
The next day I went to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager on property as I wanted to move out immediately and wanted a complete refund.
I was then introduced to Maggie ( she's the best). I told her that we want to move out and that we want a complete refund and this were just not right. She calmed me down and assured me that she will try to fix everything and to just give them a shot. She then upgraded us to what she called the best room on property and that they just need to clean it and it will be ready in a couple hours. Promptly she called within a couple hours and told us the room was ready to move in.
Once we walked into the room our vacation really started. It was indeed their best room on property. It was the room that they have in their pictures and had two bedrooms a full kitchen , completely updated and spectacular views that they advertised for. Best of all no bugs or ants and had little noise from the tiki bar. I have to give special thanks to her as she was just the best and took into consideration my angst and frustration and the fact that i have two younger kids. The activities on property are pricey and but the location is just splendid . You are an arms length of anything you need and the views are to die for.
All in all this turned out to be one of the best vacations ever but only because our stay here was upgraded. The staff is extremely friendly but the housekeeping lacks considerably and you can tell this is an older property. Also i would not say this is completely kid friendly and the major attraction is the tiki bar and the views , the manmade beach is nice and the pools are clean. If you are interested in splendid views this is the place .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Florida Keys favorite beloved by beach-lovers and boaters, the oceanfront Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina at Holiday Isle (or PCI for short) in Islamorada is located minutes from Key Largo and a short drive from Fort Lauderdale/Miami and Key West. This iconic resort blends the retro, throwback atmosphere of a nostalgic American beach vacation with modern amenities like WiFi, iPod docks and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina at Holiday Isle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Resorts And Marina
- Holiday Isle Resorts & Marina Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Islamorada
- Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina At Holiday Isle Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys