“Can't wait to go back!”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband & I went to PCI on the suggestion of a friend who had just driven by. We wanted to do something relaxing for my 40th birthday & this definitely fit the bill. September is not the height of the season, but I didn't expect to have the whole place almost to ourselves! The staff was wonderful when we checked in & upgraded our room for my birthday. The room was clean & nicely decorated with Florida flair. Our room had the most beautiful view(see pics) and we had a great time roaming the different bars & pool/beach areas. The staff was very friendly & made great suggestions about area restaurants and happenings. This was, by far, the highlight of the trip. Our room was so comfortable, we would not have left it if it hadn't been for the beautiful beaches surrounding us. I truly cannot wait to go back. Thank you for such a wonderful birthday visit!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the beach access King room. You will NOT be disappointed!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blskv1
Write a ReviewReviews (2,095)

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at the postcard inn at holiday isle last week. We weren´t sure about what to expect because of some contradictory reviews on tripadvisor.
It was the best surprise to arrive at a hotel that was everything we hoped for and more. The personnel from the reception to the housekeping ladies were always polite, helpful and very nice. the rooms were fully refurnished and very clean, all the appliances worked perfectly. the hotel was always peaceful and we got the rest we wanted. the beach and the pool areas are beautiful.
the only thing I would recommend is to keep a restaurant or snack available at the tiki bar in case of hunger a bit after 10 pm. It would also be really nice to have music at the tiki bar at all times in case you want to have a drink after the band is gone.
We really would like to thank the postcard inn for all its services, the beautiful locations and people, We will always recommend you , and hope to return soon

Room Tip: make sure to stay for more than 3 nights to enjoy and do every activity. we strongly recommend the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Just came back from the Postcard Inn and I have to say that I'm very happy that we chose this resort. It's located close enough to Miami, yet it's far enough to be very relaxing. The beach is nice, there are plenty of wildlife around (saw 2 dolphins very close to the beach, pelicans, white herons).

Food: the food at the hotel is quite nice, the tiki bar has happy hour with $2.50 beers. Also, the resort is close enough to other restaurants as well, so there are plenty of choices. The restaurants at the resort are very moderately priced.

Service: the service by far surpassed my expectations. The keys have a very nice crowd to begin with, and this hotel was not an exception. Everyone was always very considerate and attentive. Thank you!

Property and rooms: our room was clean and fairly roomy. The property is well maintained, there are some older patches here and there, but I think it gives the resort it's character, and it's not unusual for the Keys to have older buildings. I really enjoyed the fire by the beach at night.
In the room, there was a fridge, a hair dryer, a coffee machine. soap, shampoo and conditioner. Beach towels were included in the price and so was parking.

Diving: I did 2 dives one day and was surprised at the size of fish and amount of large predators. There was a nurse shark, 2 humongous green eels, a big lobster, a ray, a very large grouper, a large green turtle and schools of very large angelfish. I found that the visibility was not the greatest and the reef itself wasn't as "rich" as some of other Caribbean destinations, but the larger fish compensated for that. The dive equipment was in good condition, safety precautions were taken, there was oxygen on board and overall the guides were very professional.

A few pointers from a first time traveler. One day we decided to go to Miami, which in my mind was a mistake. I would not do it on my next trip. Another way we went to Key West, which I'm very happy we did. I wouldn't necessary stay there overnight as it was too touristy for my taste, but it was an experience. I'd like to do a dive to see the statues, but that would require a bit of a drive north and booking with another dive shop.

I would definitely come back to this resort if I had the chance!

Room Tip: Stayed in complex 5 on the 2nd floor, overlooking the marina. Not the best view because of the adjac...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zg08
Reviewed 3 December 2013

For once the name fits the bill. The Postcard Inn is a pretty big resort with hotel, several restaurants, tiki bars, a marina, shops, beaches and even a tiny coral reef right of the Overseas Highway. We loved the setting under the palm trees and the immaculately kept beaches. As in most places on the Keys, there is not a large sand beach, but definitely enough space to go swimming. Spacious rooms with AC. We loved the place, great service at the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank swisstrainwebber
Reviewed 3 December 2013

So I have mixed reviews of this place. First impression was really not good at all. We arrived here at midnight on a Friday night. Upon arrival we were greater with blaring music from the tiki bar and whole lot of noise and drunkenness. The lady on checkin was good, but I had booked a room with an ocean front view and the only ones available were right above the tiki bar. Prior to checkin I had called and requested if they have a microwave in the room which they told me that if I request upon checkin they will place in room as I have two young kids. When i requested the lady in the front desk she pretty much said not possible as they never do that and the lady on the phone was wrong. however she will try and get me a room that has a micro or a stove top. she found us a place and shacked us up in the 500 building that seemed to be right above the marina and tiki bar and had good views but the music was blaring and the room seemed really dated and not even cleaned. Any how we moved it as it was now 1 am and we were just exhausted. Upon moving in we noticed little bugs and ants in the room which I complained to her about and she said that this is the keys , you will find ants everywhere. That just tipped the scale that she did not even try to cover it up. We were so desperate that we slept there but before doing so booked another hotel for the rest of our stay ( 5 days) with the intention of moving out the next morning.
The next day I went to the front desk and asked to speak to a manager on property as I wanted to move out immediately and wanted a complete refund.
I was then introduced to Maggie ( she's the best). I told her that we want to move out and that we want a complete refund and this were just not right. She calmed me down and assured me that she will try to fix everything and to just give them a shot. She then upgraded us to what she called the best room on property and that they just need to clean it and it will be ready in a couple hours. Promptly she called within a couple hours and told us the room was ready to move in.
Once we walked into the room our vacation really started. It was indeed their best room on property. It was the room that they have in their pictures and had two bedrooms a full kitchen , completely updated and spectacular views that they advertised for. Best of all no bugs or ants and had little noise from the tiki bar. I have to give special thanks to her as she was just the best and took into consideration my angst and frustration and the fact that i have two younger kids. The activities on property are pricey and but the location is just splendid . You are an arms length of anything you need and the views are to die for.
All in all this turned out to be one of the best vacations ever but only because our stay here was upgraded. The staff is extremely friendly but the housekeeping lacks considerably and you can tell this is an older property. Also i would not say this is completely kid friendly and the major attraction is the tiki bar and the views , the manmade beach is nice and the pools are clean. If you are interested in splendid views this is the place .

Room Tip: If you want to sleep then do not take any rooms on the 500 side , stick to the 100's and 200'...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank moeedr
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Beautiful views, very relaxing, easy to get to by boat, plenty to do on-site! However, the facilities for the marina are terrible! It is advertised in the Waterway Guide as having laundry facilities - it does not. It seems as if they were torn out when they remodeled the resort. It's a shame they have not paid more attention to the needs of the transient boater. The bathroom facilities really are lacking. The shower stalls (only one per gender) do not lock. The lady's does not even have a curtain. Not to mention that for as nice as the rest of the resort is (great fire pits), I was disappointed to see the disrepair and out-datedness and in need of a really good scrubbing these showers and toilets are. I think the owners should put in AT LEAST private showers/toilets for boating guests separate from the bar with secure access (a code on the door that is given to boaters upon registering their boat with the dock master). Overall, it was a lovely vacation, but the shower situation was awfully uncomfortable, and until improvements are made, we will not stay here again as boaters.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Sits In-between Tiki Bar and Rumrunner. Rooms are clean an quiet. Had issue with my Ac Thermostat and drain of shower but maintenance can fix that. But had to ding them for it :( But otherwise this is an awesome place to stay. List of things within walking distance is very long and more than I want to type. Shulas being one of them, I did not get a chance to try :( Breakfast at the Raw Bar was good.

Room Tip: Staff will help you decide if you call reservations.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Key Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
Cheeca Lodge & Spa
#7 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!