“love~”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Went here with my husband for a two day getaway. Loved everything about the resort - staff was super nice, restaurants/bars on property and pretty views. Have nothing bad to say about the resort - only wish they had a hot tub and a fitness center

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank floridaNicole84
There are newer reviews for Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Very nice stay. Greeted with lime ade and two drink tickets from one of the many bars on the property. Wonderful management - grounds are kept up and clean. Cute rooms..beachy style. Large pool. Smaller beach area. Had many lounge chairs around the swimming area. We ate at Lazy Days a few times..they provide a bread basket with your meal and we took the loaf of banana bread with us for the next morning and with coffee sat on our balcony overlooking the ocean. The ocean water was cooler but refreshing after sitting in the sun..we did get sun tanned. We also wore swimming shoes in the ocean. The room cooler kept up with the hotter days of 81 degrees. Had internet too. Also dog friendly..thank you....Also did the seadoo boat...very nice. Massage from Laurie was good a little spendy. The property restaurant is nice. We had a very wonderful stay and extended it longer.

Room Tip: Ocean front the best very relaxing. You will see all that goes on.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed in room 151 which is a big suite due to us having 7 people. We stayed for 6 nights. The front desk personnel and Joe the front desk manager are AWESOME!!!! I can not say enough good things. Joe truly cares about his guests and the reputation of the hotel. I also had the pleasure of making a new friend in Jill Campbell (sales manager). She handles weddings, gatherings etc for room reservations. I had my wedding at a different location but Jill NEVER once made me feel any less important. I wish I would have had the ceremony here because the place I did have it was not up to standards. The only downside was the maid service and I am only putting this on here because we did talk to Joe about and he was so apologetic. We would call the front desk and they or Joe was on it and at our door within minutes. I would come back in a heart beat and just stay on top of maid service. Thank you Postcard Inn for making our wedding/vacation week in Islamorada wonderful. I would have given a 5 rating if it weren't for maid service. OMG I almost forgot Mike from security what a wonderful guy and friendly. The resort was beautiful and relaxing.

Room Tip: Any one facing the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BruceCraven
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My husband & I went to PCI on the suggestion of a friend who had just driven by. We wanted to do something relaxing for my 40th birthday & this definitely fit the bill. September is not the height of the season, but I didn't expect to have the whole place almost to ourselves! The staff was wonderful when we checked in & upgraded our room for my birthday. The room was clean & nicely decorated with Florida flair. Our room had the most beautiful view(see pics) and we had a great time roaming the different bars & pool/beach areas. The staff was very friendly & made great suggestions about area restaurants and happenings. This was, by far, the highlight of the trip. Our room was so comfortable, we would not have left it if it hadn't been for the beautiful beaches surrounding us. I truly cannot wait to go back. Thank you for such a wonderful birthday visit!

Room Tip: Definitely choose the beach access King room. You will NOT be disappointed!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blskv1
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We spent 2 nights at the postcard inn at holiday isle last week. We weren´t sure about what to expect because of some contradictory reviews on tripadvisor.
It was the best surprise to arrive at a hotel that was everything we hoped for and more. The personnel from the reception to the housekeping ladies were always polite, helpful and very nice. the rooms were fully refurnished and very clean, all the appliances worked perfectly. the hotel was always peaceful and we got the rest we wanted. the beach and the pool areas are beautiful.
the only thing I would recommend is to keep a restaurant or snack available at the tiki bar in case of hunger a bit after 10 pm. It would also be really nice to have music at the tiki bar at all times in case you want to have a drink after the band is gone.
We really would like to thank the postcard inn for all its services, the beautiful locations and people, We will always recommend you , and hope to return soon

Room Tip: make sure to stay for more than 3 nights to enjoy and do every activity. we strongly recommend the...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Just came back from the Postcard Inn and I have to say that I'm very happy that we chose this resort. It's located close enough to Miami, yet it's far enough to be very relaxing. The beach is nice, there are plenty of wildlife around (saw 2 dolphins very close to the beach, pelicans, white herons).

Food: the food at the hotel is quite nice, the tiki bar has happy hour with $2.50 beers. Also, the resort is close enough to other restaurants as well, so there are plenty of choices. The restaurants at the resort are very moderately priced.

Service: the service by far surpassed my expectations. The keys have a very nice crowd to begin with, and this hotel was not an exception. Everyone was always very considerate and attentive. Thank you!

Property and rooms: our room was clean and fairly roomy. The property is well maintained, there are some older patches here and there, but I think it gives the resort it's character, and it's not unusual for the Keys to have older buildings. I really enjoyed the fire by the beach at night.
In the room, there was a fridge, a hair dryer, a coffee machine. soap, shampoo and conditioner. Beach towels were included in the price and so was parking.

Diving: I did 2 dives one day and was surprised at the size of fish and amount of large predators. There was a nurse shark, 2 humongous green eels, a big lobster, a ray, a very large grouper, a large green turtle and schools of very large angelfish. I found that the visibility was not the greatest and the reef itself wasn't as "rich" as some of other Caribbean destinations, but the larger fish compensated for that. The dive equipment was in good condition, safety precautions were taken, there was oxygen on board and overall the guides were very professional.

A few pointers from a first time traveler. One day we decided to go to Miami, which in my mind was a mistake. I would not do it on my next trip. Another way we went to Key West, which I'm very happy we did. I wouldn't necessary stay there overnight as it was too touristy for my taste, but it was an experience. I'd like to do a dive to see the statues, but that would require a bit of a drive north and booking with another dive shop.

I would definitely come back to this resort if I had the chance!

Room Tip: Stayed in complex 5 on the 2nd floor, overlooking the marina. Not the best view because of the adjac...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Zg08
Reviewed 3 December 2013

For once the name fits the bill. The Postcard Inn is a pretty big resort with hotel, several restaurants, tiki bars, a marina, shops, beaches and even a tiny coral reef right of the Overseas Highway. We loved the setting under the palm trees and the immaculately kept beaches. As in most places on the Keys, there is not a large sand beach, but definitely enough space to go swimming. Spacious rooms with AC. We loved the place, great service at the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank swisstrainwebber
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Ocean House
Ocean House
#1 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!