Location Location Location. This hotel is located on a very nice piece of property with a very lovely view of the ocean. The resort has many nice amenities, two pools, lots of lounge chairs, access to ocean, several bars and restaurants. But it's like the resort owner knows the location drives people there so they leave it as it is.
Pro's: Super customer service, everyone from security, to housekeeping to GM are very customer focused. You walk into the restaurant Shula's and are always greeted many times by authentically happy employees. The food is very reasonably priced and great portion sizes. I was at the outdoor tiki bar and wanted a Red Bull to go, asked the bartender how much for one to go and he said $5. Ouch, I said no thanks. The GM Ken who happened to be there said, give it to her for $2. Nice! The swimming pool is heated, and kept clean. Security is insistent that everyone has their wrist band on. Room we had was in building 3 second floor, ocean view. Cute décor of the room, nice comfortable bed, nice to have Directv in the room with premium channels. Also had a fridge in the room.
Con's: Coming south on US 1 we see a little sign that says PostCard Inn. Turn into the drive, and there is an abandoned building, and what appears to be an old check in lobby. Small sign on the lobby door indicates check in has moved to the building near the largest tower. Mmh what? Now, as the owner of the hotel I would remove this entrance, and draw the crowd down a few hundred yards to the "real" entrance that has the reception/check in and a larger sign! Even there however they need to work on the traffic flow/parking for guest check in.The pool opens rather early so I got there around 9. They have an outdoor bathroom facility a few yards away. Cleaning of the facilities didn't happen until well after noon. And I am not sure what happens after dark there that the facilities become so nasty you will walk the extra mile to your room to use your own facility. If this was a one day thing, I wouldn't write about it. But it was every day and every day the facilities were gross, 4 of the 5 toilets unusable and filthy. After housekeeping cleaned them late in the afternoon they were usable. The room we had was on the second floor and had a beautiful view of the ocean and a palm tree in front of our window. Lovely, all except the noise at all hours of the day and night. The windows in this place are like paper. You hear everything, and not just the loud drunks, just normal level conversations. The air conditioning unit that is in the wall was a clunker too, it banged on and off when reached its temperature. The shower stall is short, and who ever decided to have paint flecks in the tub be an artistic design is goofy, it looks like what it is a flaking tub. The shower on/off was away from the wall, as if the maintenance mad couldn't figure out how to make it flush with the surround. The most frustrating thing which I believe not too many people would complain about is the headboard. Nautical themed rooms, blues, tan, wall art "Life is an Ocean, sail it" Cute right! Well someone decided to make the headboard out of rope, looped brown rope, up and down the width of the headboard. After the first night while laying on the bed both my husband and I said, whew what is the smell, smells weird. Finally I figured it out, the rope is giving off an odor, very strong too. One more con is the towels they were the worst hard and scratchy! The toilet paper is one ply and flimsy, worse than a convenience store. While we were supposed to have internet, it wouldn't work. Whether it was my carrier or theirs I'm not sure. Not much of an issue for me but could be for some!
Seriously, the only thing that saves this hotel is the location, with the many bars, marina, convenience store (priced very cheap) and the natural beauty that surrounds this hotel. The view is postcard like, but the hotel rooms are not! I wouldn't stay here again nor recommend it to my friends. Too bad, because a few updates and it would be worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Florida Keys favorite beloved by beach-lovers and boaters, the oceanfront Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina (or PCI for short) in Islamorada is located minutes from Key Largo and a short drive from Fort Lauderdale/Miami and Key West. This iconic resort blends the retro, throwback atmosphere of a nostalgic American beach vacation with modern amenities like WiFi, iPod docks and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Resorts & Marina Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Resorts And Marina
- Holiday Isle Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Islamorada
- Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys