“Great Property- Service Terrible”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We got married there and the property is beautiful.. The service was terrible though.. When I brought it to the attention to the manager i was passed on to another manager then another manager and then another manager.. So after the 10th time of explaining what i was pissed off about they said they would call me back.. Weeks went by months went by.. No Call.. So i should be slamming them on here and give them a 1 circle. But the property is very nice so i give it a two..

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for ocean front..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DAVID J
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Greetings David J. -

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at PCI back in December, 2013. We are glad you chose us as the location of your destination wedding, however we are disappointed that your stay was not a magnificent memory of your special day. Please contact me - jpfander@holidayisle.com - to discuss the particulars of your beach resort experience. We are all looking forward to having you back at PCI again soon. Wish you were here!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,102)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Beautiful location. Friday evening was busy in the resort. Music in the Tiki Bar both Friday and Saturday nights lots of dancing in the bar. Rum Runners was very nice with a one man band, beautiful breeze and great view of the sky at night. Sunday was quiet at the bars but the music was very lively with the music from a wedding.
We had a minor problem with the toilet which was resolved very quickly. Some things had changed such as BBQ grills have been removed and when we were grilling on a small grill outside on the property Security came over and told us grilling was no longer allowed. They did allow us to finish our hot dogs. Also fishing on the property was no longer allowed and there were several people in our large party who were very disappointed. The Raw Bar does not serve breakfast anymore which is sad as watching the sun come up on the water while eating breakfast is one of the highlights of trip for me.
The staff was friendly. Dive Shop was fantastic. The dive boats and staff are awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kllrtt

Greetings kllrtt -

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at PCI. We absolutely love the fact that you have come back to checkup on our progress. As you have mentioned, many things have changed at our little slice heavenin the Keys. However, we are now able to offer a much more guest-centric vacation experience with all of the resort enhancements from a refurbished Jaws Raw Bar menu and property-wide live entertainment five days a week. Many of our rooms have undergone a beautiful renovation and the rest are not far behind in completion. What a difference a year has made. Please stop back again to enjoy all the wonders of PCI. Wish you were here!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great place. We return year after year. Just had another wonderful stay. CLEAN. Very comfortable beds. They pour a very resectable drink. Staff very friendly. Can't wait to go back next year. By the way, dolphin catch was great this season

Room Tip: All rooms are great, depends on how much you want to spend
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Greetings baymax11 -

Your post on Trip Advisor has sent us over the moon! We can't begin to show our appreciation for your repeat business each year with your fishing trips and resort stays. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to provide you with some rest, relaxation, and the chance to re-set your clock back to "island time" at PCI. We can't wait to have you and your party back with us, but please don't wait until next June. Wish you were here!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Spent 6 nights at the Postcard Inn with friends and family. Prior to our stay I spoke with Monica and received a warm welcome on the phone. In addition, I emailed the manager Mr. Pfander directly asking him about the reviews on Tripadvisor . He emailed me back and put us in room 137 and our friends in 138. We wanted to stay in Islamorada so we could fish and go snorkeling at Robbie's. We thought the location was ideal for traveling throughout the keys. Key West was a two hour drive.

My perception of the Keys:

Expensive!
Use cash - one of my credit card numbers was stolen at a local souvineer shop on the first day of our trip.
Don 't expect the same quality in hotels. Mostly motel quality.

Pros of the resort

The staff! Very kind and friendly.

Buildings 100 and 200 (only stay in these buildings!)

Request a room on 3rd or 4 th floor

The nautical theme rooms and balcony and room fridge.

The View from our room was fantastic of the ocean.

There are several bars located on the property. Live music ( which we enjoyed) was played nightly Thurs-Sat night. The music can be heard in your room.

Jet ski and Kayak rental, dive shop, sunset snorkeling boat, fishing charters, bait shop, marina, Shulas 2 restaurant right on property.

Cons of the property:

#1 the bathrooms look worn and tired. Almost like they forgot to remodel them. One strange thing is the louvered windows. People can talk to you and hear you in the hallway while you are taking a shower and using the bathroom.

#2. The beach is not really a beach like you would find at the mainland. Pretty but not a place to dig in the sand, make sand castles, or look for shells.

#3. There are two pools but only one I wanted to swim in. It is small but does have a swim up bar.

#4. Drink prices and policy. We only found affordable drinks during happy hour at Rum Runners. They won't let you bring your own beers to the pool either.

#5 night room cost. After researching prices in the keys, I chose this resort based on cost versus value. The absolute cheapest rate I found for an ocean front room was. 140.44 through LMTCLUB.com. I probably would have been kicking myself if I had paid even the Expedia rates. The problem is that nothing in the Keys is cheap at all.

Bottom line is that this place has very nice staff working here. It just needs some cosmetic work done . If you stay here you must get an oceanfront room or you might be kicking yourself. I heard the place may have some renovations coming as it was recently purchased by another chain. I mostly stay at 4 star hotels and I pay much less up in the mainland. I would rate this a. 2 to 2.5 motel resort. We enjoyed our stay here and would come back.

• Stayed: June 2014

Greetings buckeyecruiser09 -

Thank you for your comprehensive trip report on PCI and the Keys. We are delighted that we could accomodate your requests and provide your family and friends with a memorable beach resort experience. We agree that the Keys are like no other place in the world and PCI is a great spot for exploring all of the islands in the chain. Your feedback is a critical tool for our success and please know we utilize your post as a barometer for our success. Please come back soon to take measure of our guest enhancements and renovations. Wish you were here!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Huge complex. Nice room. Hotel and rooms are sort of “West-Elm” nautical style. Great job with the décor but the place needs some polish or something, not sure exactly. Pool overlooks the water --very nice!!!. No towels, though, or any sign to tell you where to get one. We paid a $15 resort fee and no towels!?! Grrrrrr.. We asked another guest where they got their towels then walk over to security window. No towels there and no person there either. We had to “drip dry.”

There are three bars! We went to the multi-tiered Rumrunners (also tiki bar and another one on beach) where we got carded so had to go back to room for ID. Bar was a cool spot with lovely waterview.

This was the most expensive place I stayed in the Keys but not my favorite. I can't quite put my finger on what I didn't like -- maybe it's just too big and chain-like, maybe the people are a little trashy, and maybe the plentiful security guards walking around just weirded me out. I'm also not into steakhouses so I went somewhere else for dinner rather than the onsite Shula's.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beergarden
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Greetings beergarden -

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at PCI. From the sound of things, we missed some opportunities to win you over to our beach resort. Please contact me about your recent stay - jpfander@holidayisle.com. Although your visit had some setbacks, it also appeared that you and your party had a good time amongst the sun and fun at PCI. Come back any time to enjoy our little slice of heaven. Wish you were here!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times now. Every time I visit there is always a problem. This time several. The air conditioner in my room did not work well. I complained and after two visits by maintenance the solution was to put a box fan in my room. I talked to the manager who ultimately moved me to another room, which was finally the solution, however my first two days were very uncomfortable and I was not happy about this. In addition the room I was in had a window to the parking lot that at night had a very bright light that glares in the room. The window in the room has a very cheap pull down shade the does little to block light. I will post a picture if this. So I have come to a conclusion about PCI. If you get a room in building 4 its not as good as in building 3. I suggest booking in building 3 if possible. You need to get a room with two queens, I think building 4 has all one bed rooms. Finally, we bring our wave runners down when we come. We stay at PCI because they have a dock. Management always cares more about their very lucrative weddings then us regular guests. I wont get into details but just know if you are bringing a jet ski or boat you better be out of site out of mind when they have a wedding or else. We were mindful of this and still management caused us a couple of arguments for no apparent reason. In the end PCI is a nice hotel, although building 4 is over priced for what it is.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank blackjack1234567

Greetings blackjack1234567 -

Thank you for taking a moment from your busy day to share with us about your recent stay at PCI. We appreciate your feedback and we utilize it as a tool towards the betterment of our guests beach resort experience. Please contact me to further discuss your stay at jpfander@holidayisle.com. Thank you for your continued patronage and your patience while we strive to make sure all of our guests have a memorable vacation experience. Wish you were here!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Beautiful location and property since the much needed remodel. We have been going to this property for many years and will continue.The service is amazing from housekeeping to management. The property is large and you really don't need to leave with all the amenities. The prices are a bit high for rooms that still need detail finishes.
We had a large wedding there in June and I would recommend checking them out if you want to get married in the Keys. The catering department was awesome ! Jill, Wendy, Kim, Lionel, bartenders and food catering staff was amazing and made the wedding memorable.
Our housekeeper Yanick was the friendliest I have ever seen. She worked her tail off and catered to all our needs.
The only negative issue was several room issues with a/c and hot water, however the manager Joe handled quickly and professionally.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Greetings Frank L. -

Thank you for all the PCI love! We are delighted to have been able to provide you with an outstanding destination wedding experience and fill your special day with many unforgetable memories. Please do not hesitate to come back to our sandy beach resort to re-live your treasured experience again and again. Wish you were here!