“A GREAT Place for some R&R!”

Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
North Port, Florida
“A GREAT Place for some R&R!”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've stayed in 5 star resorts...the whole mint on the pillow and fluffy robes kind of places. This is not a 5 star resort. What the Postcard Inn IS is a great BEACH resort...in that context...I do give it 5 stars. We stayed 5 days and 4 nights in a beach front room in building 100. The room was nice and clean...had an in room safe...a small refrigerator...free wifi...and a nice flat screen television. Yes, the bathroom could use an update...but it was clean and very functional. The beaches were great...the food was excellent...and Rum Runners...DELISH! We're already planning our trip for next vacation...we WILL be back!!! Oh, and it's a bonus there's a marina on site with lots of charter boats available...I HIGHLY recommend Captain Jon Reynolds on the Drop Back...we had an AWESOME day on the water and limited out on mahi mahi :)

Room Tip: I can't speak to the other buildings, but building 100 is very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carl C
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Greetings Carl C. -

Wow! We love all the PCI love you sent our way on Trip Advisor! Thank you for choosing our beach resort and finding your slice of Paradise with us in the Keys. As you discovered, PCI is a wonderful place to let your cares drift out on the next tide, while you sip a Key Lime Kolada and bask in the sun. We can't wait to have you back on our sandy beach soon. Wish you were here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (666)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I booked one night at this hotel as a break from driving (destination Key West). I was confused as to where to find the main hotel desk due to the number of free standing buildings owned by the hotel. Check in wen well. I had a little confusion finding room 327. As stated in other reviews, the doors of the hallways did not lock, and the one by our room did not even close (it was off) so every time someone came in, the door would slam against the frame waking us up CONSTANTLY. The floors were dirty. The bathroom was outdated with a tub having rust and the ceiling dead gnats. I would have loved to have had coffee in the morning, but the cups were crawling with tiny bugs (and there was no plastic covers over the cups). The towels were stained. The bed sheets had stains like mascara. The room was small. I didn't expect a top-rated room, but for the price I paid, I at least expected the room, sheets, and towels to be clean. I was very disappointed. The grounds are nice. There are great views, but we were not there to swim or use the beach.

Room Tip: Stay clear of building 300 for sure.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Amy C
Greetings Amy C -

We are so disappointed about the events you encountered at our beach resort during your recent stay. This is not the experience we want our guests to have and we obviously missed some opportunities to create special vacation memories for you and your family. Please email me soon so we can further discuss your stay - jpfander@holidayisle.com. Come back and give us a second chance to win you over to PCI. Wish you were here!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Good place to relax and let loose, they just need more music at the pool, we had to use are own which nobody seemed to mind. The tiki bar also didn't have much music for a Sunday, Monday and Tuesday evening.

Room Tip: Beach view room was very nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Greetings Bruce S -

Thank you for taking a moment to post about your stay at PCI. We appreciate your feedback and please know we do utilize your reviews to better our guests beach resort experience. We currently schedule property-wide, live music five days a week, beginning on Wednesdays. Come back soon to enjoy the beach jams and cold drinks in our sultry, tropical island Paradise. Wish you were here!
arkansas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for about a week. We loved having everything conveniently located within walking distance. There is a steakhouse on the property that serves a delicious breakfast until 11 a.m. The staff here is very friendly. There are two beach shops located on the property as well as a gas station. The resort provides jet skiing, boat rides, paddle boarding, snorkeling and massage activities. Security was excellent in keeping people off the private beach. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated. We had a balcony which was positioned in front of one of the two pools located at the resort. I didn't give this a five star rating because while we were there, there was seaweed washing up each day. The workers would ignore it some days. When they did try to remove it, they would just leave it in a big pile on the beach for a day before finally removing it off the beach. Also, there was trash along the beach that stayed there for days and had still not been removed when we checked out. This resort is located on Overseas Hwy. There are plenty of restaurants and shops located along this long stretch of highway. This was about an hour and a half away from Key West. It was a perfect place for us to stay. We drove to Key West one day and were extremely glad to get back to our private beach at the Postcard Inn at Islamorada.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 300 building. Had a pool in this area. This building was closer to the quieter, le...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mollygrace1
Greetings mollygrace1 -

Thanks for the outstanding review of PCI on Trip Advisor. We are so happy that you and your party could relax and unwind in our little slice of heaven next to the sea. Your review is a great comprehensive look into all that PCI has to offer - a bit of something for everyone. The Sargasso Weed has hit all the Florida Keys particularly hard this year. Our outstanding grounds crew has worked diligently to create a great, beach environment - even when Mother Nature tries to create a bit of havoc. We can't wait for you to come back soon to see all of the new improvements we have planned for PCI. Wish you were here!
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The first thing I noticed was the welcome I received at the front desk when I checked in after a very looong day. Eugene and Emily were friendly,enthusiastic, and accomodating at such a late hour. They were the same way every time I spoke with them about any questions or concerns that I had. I joked that Eugene must live there, since he always seems to be working! The room was exactly as shown on
their website. The housekeeper,Francillia,was efficient, personable,and accomodating, as well. There were lots of activities available for all ages. The on site restaurant choices were varied,from econmical to a little more upscale. The food was good at both places where I ate. The grounds were immaculate and the landscaping was well maintained. All staffers that I had contact with were friendly and accomodating. The only 2 small negatives were that the bathroom needs updating and the restaurants & bars close too early. I did enjoy myself so much that I extended my stay. I've been going to the Keys, Holiday Isle, and the Tiki Bar since the 1980s,when I owned a weekend house there. I think that the Postcard Inn tried to keep much of the old time Holiday Isle flavor, while updating the resort to keep it fresh and current. This is now a 3 to 4 times a year long weekend
getaway for this local, Broward County,gal. I loved my getaway at the Postcard Inn. Two thumbs up! Good job,Joe Pfander,Front Office Manager,you run a super vacation spot. To all TripAdvsor readers,stay here and I know that you'll have a great
time. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank southfloridanightowl
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Greetings southfloridanightowl,

What a smashing review of your time spent at PCI! We are so pleased that you could let your stresses drift away on the warm, trade winds that caress our beach resort in Paradise. Thank you for all of the PCI love for our outstanding associates Eugene, Emily, and Francillia - they are just a small sample of the wonderful staff that strives to create positive, vacation memories for our guests. We can't wait to have you back on our sandy shores soon. Wish you were here!
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I spent our last 2 anniversaries here. Asked for same room second time and they helped us out with that. They offer a lot of things to do on site, but there are so many things around this area also. Boardwalk pizza north from hotel has the best pizza. Smugglers Cove is great for conch fritters and shuffle board. They also have live music. The second weekend in September there is always a auto show and the hotel fills up with most of it.
Be specific with what you expect and they will try to accommodate. Just find the correct person to talk to or you get jumped around.

Room Tip: Spring for an ocean view room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank emma83j
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Greetings emma83j -

Thank you for your wonderful review of PCI. We are so happy to know that you have found your new home in the Keys at our beach resort. Looking forward to having you back with us soon. Wish you were here!
Norfolk
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The grounds and location are beautiful. My parents stayed in an ocean view room which was definitely nicer than the room we had which was in the block near to rum runners. The room was on the whole fine. We were worried having seen previous reviews. There was a little rust in the bath but it didn't trouble us as we only shower. There was also some nail varnish on the sink. Strangely the air con unit was on the floor right next to our bed which meant I froze whilst husband and the kids were too warm. It wasn't enough of an issue though for us to report. Rum Runners is a great and quirky little place where we spent many a happy hour. Gloria deserves a special mention as she was very good company behind the bar. The Raw bar is okay but not for food. We ate there once and we didn't return. Shula's is very good and the staff excellent. Tim (who we assumed is the manager) was very attentive and friendly. The marina on site has everything you could want whether it is snorkelling or deep sea fishing and the water sports on site are varied albeit we didn't try them. The pool bar was closed for refurbishment during our stay. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Greetings soz_10 -

Thank you for all of the PCI love! Your review of your recent stay is clear evidence to us that you had a great time unwinding in the islands. Thank you for recognizing Glo and Tim, they are a big part of our success story at PCI. We have a dedicated staff of individuals that strive each day to make each of our guest's beach resort experience full of memorable vacation moments. We can't wait to have you back at our sandy beach soon. Wish you were here!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Chesapeake Beach Resort
Chesapeake Beach Resort
#13 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!