“Wonderful Resort”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Olathe, Kansas
“Wonderful Resort”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We just spent five days in the Florida Keys and this was one of our best stays. We never left the resort our entire stay and loved our meals, our rooms and the staff. The pool, tiki bar and beach area are great too!

2 Thank starkstobi
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Greetings starkstobi -

Thanks for your recent review on TA about PCI. We love that you were able to bask in both the sun and our island hospitality while guests at our beach resort and marina. Come back anytime, we'll keep a beach chair by the water and a Key Lime Colada waiting for you to return. Wish you were here!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (650)
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I had my wedding here. It was a GORGEOUS venue, with the exception of the price that is highly overrated. (Wendy-the director of catering was the only great person here and isn't a concern at all when booking a wedding)

Rooms for several of my guests had busted AC vents, which caused uncomfortable rooms. My wedding night room was nothing special, it was more like a closet & they knew it was our wedding night!
For the prices of the rooms, venue spots, food, drinks, etc this hotel should offer more for the guests. (The 300 and 400 blocks have busted doors and anyone can just walk through them.---also the very hot buildings)

I went to Costa Rica for my honeymoon, immediately following my stay at postcard and they provided us with a welcome drink, took our bags, gave us a tour, free massage, and decorated our room for our honeymoon....(all for a cheaper price per night than the postcard inn offers)

Also, watch out for them loosing your reservation or double charging you...A few more problems my guests ran in to...One of my friends was charged over $700 from your bar "tiki" and another friend of mine was charged over $300 from "tiki" (WEEKS AFTER WE LEFT ISLAMORADA!!!) that is unacceptable and you need to monitor your bartenders a little better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PCI, You really need to acknowledge your guests' and all the money they have spent at your resort!

It makes me so angry that no one can even contact me in regards to my horrible experience and the thousands of dollars we spent to have our wedding there. You get an automated message response from the office manager telling you to reach out to him via email??
YOU DONT EVEN RESPOND TO THE EMAIL I SENT OVER A WEEK AGO!!!!!!!!!!

We brought so much business to your resort the weekend of July 19th & yet nothing was done out of the ordinary to make us feel special......nothing.

Sorry to say, we won't be spending our 1 year here. Too many other places have more to offer and actually enjoy us staying with them.

8 Thank noelle T
Greetings Noelle T -

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and wedding event at PCI on Trip Advisor. We are disappointed to know that we were not able to create a "WOW" experience for you and you guests during your time at our beach resort and marina. Please check your inbox for my recent correspondance or contact me as soon as possible at jpfander@holidayisle.com. I am looking forward to speaking with you soon. Wish you were here!
United States
Reviewed 12 August 2014

From the amount of money we were paying I expected this to be a top-notch resort but instead we got the equivalent of a noisy motel.

The water in the shower would go from warm to scalding hot to cold without even changing the setting. There were openings around the windows and doors letting bugs in and we had to kill several. The maid service wasn’t very good. They would make up the beds but that’s about it. In the 4 days we were there our coffee and condiments were never replenished, and we didn’t receive any new toiletries but once. There were paint flakes all over the bathroom floor and tub giving it the appearance of being dingy and dirty. There was a mini fridge in the room, which was nice, but there was no microwave and I was told to walk to the gas station and use their microwave if I needed one.

People were smoking everywhere and drunks were wondering around the property day and night. The resort is very loud and didn’t get somewhat quiet until after 1:00am. The lobby smells like cigarette smoke and there are large stains all over the carpets and couches. There are also bugs and ants everywhere in the lobby. My children wanted to use the computers in the lobby but kept getting bit by ants, as well as I did just sitting on the couch.

The pros I will mention are this is a beautiful location. We had an ocean front room with a great view. Also, the free cups water that they have at the pool is nice since all the drinks are so expensive. The lobby also has free games and cool décor, but the bugs make it impossible to enjoy.

This is definitely not a family-oriented resort. However, I wouldn’t stay here again even if I were traveling without my children.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Car0linaGirl_80
Greetings Car0linaGirl_80 -

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at PCI. We are disappointed to know that your stay was not up to your expectations and your experiences were less than stellar. Please contact me at your earliest convenience to further discuss your stay at jpfander@holidayisle.com. I am eager to speak with you soon. Wish you were here!
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have driven passed the Post Card Inn for many years, and never considered staying until we attended a rendezvous with a group of boat owners. We ended up falling in love with the place. First off, the staff was very friendly, the grounds were clean, and there is plenty to do. The other thing I really like is the location. Not too far down the keys, and easy to get to a lot of bars, restaurants and activities. There are a lot of options rite on the property; Fishing, Diving, Snorkeling, Pool, Several bars, and Shula's Restaurant. With regards to boating; the Post Card Inn offers the best of both worlds, easy access to the back country, reefs and the Atlantic.
With regards to rooms; the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, although the bathroom was a little dated. I have read other posts that are very negative, but I feel they are unwarranted. We loved the place. We were only in our room to shower and sleep anyway. There are so many other positive things to say about this place, so complaining about an old bathroom is silly. Its the Florida Keys for Petes Sake. If you need a brand new, perfect hotel room, you will pay 3 times as much and the place will have no character like the Post Card Inn.
We had no issues during our visit, but I am sure they would have quickly been addressed if we did.
Over all I rate our stay as very good to be fair. Once all of the rooms are remodeled, it will definitely be excellent. We are already planning our next trip, only we will stay longer!
Dennis

Greetings Dennis M -

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy day to let us know about the amazing time you had at PCI. We appreciate the opportunity to share our island hospitality with you and yours during your recent rendezvous at our beach resort. Please don't wait until next year to return to your new home in the Fabulous Florida Keys. Wish you were here!
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 9 August 2014

This property is beautiful and the people working there are super nice and friendly. Very helpful. We booked 2 rooms for our son's wedding there. Our room was pretty but I am disappointed with the quality of the room. It was much too hot in there although we had the AC set to 67F and the vent was directed to our faces on the bed as well which was awful! We had to block it with a suitcase and towel all night. In addition, don't know why but the crew never came to clean up our room and make the bed. I had to ask them for clean towels 2 days later. We had to have the keys fixed for one of the room too because they did not work and we had to walk all the way back to the office. It's a gorgeous location for a wedding but I would not stay there again.

2 Thank 18Chantalg
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Greetings 18Chantalg -

Thank you for your recent stay at PCI. We are glad that you could enjoy the property and the beautiful scenery that serves as a majestic backdrop to our beach resort. We are disappointed to know that your expectations were not exceeded while a guest at PCI. Please contact me so we can further discuss your visit - jpfander@holidayisle.com. I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon. Wish you were here!
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 8 August 2014

On arrival they didn't have the rooms we reserved. We got 2 rooms so far apart from each other. The a/c had to be put on the coldest setting to keep the room cool and on it was blowing right on us all night. The vent couldn't be adjusted.
One room key didn't work and we had to walk all the way back to the reservation office to get it re-programmed. The next day the other key set didn't work and again the long walk to the reservation office. Of course, waiting in line for other guests.
When we hit the pool area and asked for towels they didn't have any and again went to the office. We were told they would bring some and again we were waiting. The next day we went to the pool in the morning and again no pool towels.
The rooms were just okay and one of the had a room safe from the turn of the century. Our room had a room safe that didn't work and we needed the room engineer to come... waiting again.
Too much of our "vacation time" wasted on telling the hotel staff to fix something that should have been fixed with regular maintenance.
PCI has a great potential, but I am afraid they are caught up in the Key West hype and just crave large amounts of money.
Joe was friendly and helpful and the rest of the staff could learn from him what real service is, but he is only one man.

Room Tip: I wish I knew!
3 Thank aramosdk
Greetings aramosdk -

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at PCI. We obviously missed many opportunities to create special vacation memories for you and your family. Please contact me to further discuss your recent stay at jpfander@holidayisle.com. We can't wait to show you all of the wonderful enhancements we have planned to WOW you during your next visit to PCI! Wish you were here!
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Awesome property. Never had room cleaned though. Bathroom way too small for room. Wifi was slow but overall enjoyed stay and would stay again. Request a 1st floor room. We were able to bring our own Standup Paddle boards and leave in or back of room on rear patio. We were able to paddle directly outside room and see incredible sea life.

Room Tip: Request 1st floor if bringing water sport equiptment.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Greetings Tom G -

Thank you for reviewing your stay at PCI on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your feedback and please know that we utilize your post as a tool to guide all future enhancements for our guests beach resort experience. Our team is delighted that you could enjoy the day on your paddle boards and return to our island oasis for some tropical delights while relaxing with your toes in the sand. Come back to see us anytime. Wish you were here!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
Hilton Key Largo Resort
Hilton Key Largo Resort
#14 of 19 in Key Largo
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,819 reviews

Been to Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!