The best part about this property is that you have a variety of offerings from activities, stores and restaurants to choose from so that you really don't need to leave if you don't want to. We arrived a little early and I think because it was on a Monday they were not extremely busy so we were given our room right away (an efficiency with King bed). The desk staff member even let me look at the map and choose the one I wanted (with her help in advising the quietest area). I was not disappointed in that our room was so quiet we sort of wished we had brought the white noise machine from home. Our room was an adjacent property acquisition so it was away from all of the hotel activity and restaurants which we requested. Beautiful big room with a large flat screen TV and many channels to choose from. The King bed was heavenly. I thought the Internet was a little slow but then I was using a tablet so that could have added to the slow response time. We had dinner at Shula's 2 on our first night and although our food took some time to get to us it was worth the wait. Our waiter Melvin was super nice and funny.
The whole property was clean and well maintained although you can see that more maintenance needs to be done. I think they have stopped working on it because, as I learned when we were leaving,the property has been sold again so I guess we will have to wait and see what the new money does in continuing the upgrades. Let's hope they start with the bathrooms as that has been a negative comment in all of the reviews.
We were fortunate to be there at a time when they were not busy so we had no problem getting an umbrella at the pool and having the bar right there was convenient. HOWEVER...I was VERY disappointed to see that smoking was still allowed at poolside and found that out when a lady sat down next to me with her cigarette. Not only was the wind blowing the smoke in my direction but when she flicked the ashes they also came at me. I can't believe they still allowed this. If you want to allow the smokers to be there then please designate an area and provide ashtrays and have it well marked so people can stay away who don't want to breathe second hand smoke. If this was not really allowed, then security needed to be more alert to violators.
We were given pink bracelets to wear while on the property to prove that we were guests. We were among the very few to be seen wearing them. If you are going to make a rule folks, enforce the rule everyday, not just on the weekends when you are busy. Once again security should be more alert and start asking guests to prove they are in fact guests.
There was construction going on out in front of the hotel on the Highway which was not their fault but how inconvenient when we discovered the main entrance was closed. It would have been nice to have been informed so we knew how to get into the place through the alternate access. After a 7 hour drive we were too tired to have to deal with it. I felt badly that with the upcoming holiday that our hotel had their roadway out front torn up. But a lot of that road is being worked on so the orange cone brigade is out there for miles and miles.
We enjoyed our stay, I would go back again and again. I hope they will continue to do more upgrades in the hotel rooms, particularly the bathrooms with new tubs, showers, sinks, etc. The efficiency could use more cookware as all we had was a pot. Plenty of dishes and utensils but no wine glasses!
They have the friendliest best staff I have ever encountered at a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Florida Keys favorite beloved by beach-lovers and boaters, the oceanfront Postcard Inn Beach Resort and Marina (or PCI for short) in Islamorada is located minutes from Key Largo and a short drive from Fort Lauderdale/Miami and Key West. This iconic resort blends the retro, throwback atmosphere of a nostalgic American beach vacation with modern amenities like WiFi, iPod docks and flat-screen televisions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isle Resorts And Marina
- Holiday Isle Resorts & Marina Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Hotel Islamorada
- Holiday Isle Islamorada
- Postcard Inn Beach Resort & Marina Islamorada, Florida - Florida Keys