“Great Diving in Islamorada Key!”

Sea Monkeys Water Sports
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Diving in Islamorada Key!”
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Stayed 5 days in Hampton Inn and made 3 dive trips with Sea Monkeys. The wife and I are new to diving and give them 4 thumbs up! They took just the two of us out the first day. The under water was great but we ended coming up in 4 foot seas after the 2nd dive, Colleen and Jim (the boat captain) handled it very well and safely. They dont rush you, we regularly stayed down for an hour or more, and we got to see lots of stuff, sea turtles regularly, the 6' Moray eel , sharks lots of Rays, Lion fish, and Barracuda by the score. Then we went on our first night dive which they patiently performed as day transitioned to night and we eased into the blackness with flashlights blazing the active 6 and 8 foot sharks around Alligator Reef. They also took care of our equipment between dives and helped repair a malfunction on a reg. They reccomend tipping the Captain which we did and we also tipped Colleen which I hope she shared with Jim for taking care of our stuff. I highly recommend the combination of The Hampton Inn and Seamonkeys Water Sports for a complete Keys trip.

Visited November 2012

New York City, New York
“Great Dive Experience”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Islamorada hoping to do some diving. We are advanced divers with a lot of dives under our belts. We did some research about dive operators in the Keys but did not come across this dive shop until we got to the hotel. When we got to the hotel we spoke to Bill and Colleen (the owners) about diving. Their rates were better than the other operators in the area and they were very friendly people. In comparison the dive shop next door was not nearly as friendly or helpful when we dropped in to ask about diving.

We went out on two two-tank dives with Colleen as the guide. The first dive was at Alligator Reef and the second was at the wreck of the Eagle. The experience was great. I have recommended them to my diving friends. Their operation is small so your experience will be personal and tailored to what you want to do. Captain Jim was very helpful and entertaining. If you want a personal dive experience at very reasonable rates, I strongly recommend Sea Monkeys.

Visited November 2012
Bradenton, Florida
93 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“The BEST place for beginning and intermediate divers”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Sea Monkeys is probably the best scuba outfit I have tried and it's perfect for beginners. That's because I have never seen another business like it--as they really emphasize safety and cater to even the least experienced diver. Now for folks who have hundreds or thousands of dives behind them, this might not be the best dive operators. But most divers are casual divers and I loved the Sea Monkeys folks since they DON'T toss you into the water but guide you through the reefs with very good underwater guides. I loved it. I have about 70-80 dives to my credit and loved that these people really helped to build my confidence. In addition, my dive partner and I saw TONS of great things--many sharks, some huge rays, moray eels, turtles and many more. I think this is because they know of some really good spots to dive. Overall, we dove four times with them and wished we'd done more. Nice people.

Visited June 2012
Sarasota, Florida
“great dive outfit”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

we can't say enough about sea monkeys water sports! our 10-year old son went on a dive with our friends but without my husband or myself. colleen, the dive master, was right there with our son every step of the way. all of our friends who were on the dive couldn't say enough about her care for safety and making the dive easy and comfortable for everyone on board.

the dive shop is right on the hampton inn property and they allowed us to rinse our gear and were very helpful with other questions we had about diving in the area. VERY friendly and VERY helpful. we will definitely go back and visit sea monkeys again!!!!

Visited August 2012
Merritt Island Florida
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Diving and snorkeling!”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Almost hate to tell you how good this facility is. They only take 6 people which makes it a very personal trip. The staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. They have the ability to move quickly with a 27 ft. double 200 hp boat. Highly recommend for all snorklers and divers!

Visited July 2012