“Cool place to stop” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lobster Trap Art Gallery

Lobster Trap Art Gallery
Ranked #7 of 59 things to do in Islamorada
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lobster Trap Art Gallery is a unique gallery full of colorful art from Nadine and Glenn Lahti and other local artists from the Florida Keys. Our artists have created hundreds of original works and our frame shop has constructed thousands of hand built and custom lobster trap frames, made from original lobster trap wood, since 2003. With bright tropical colors and island music playing, come see why this gallery is the epitome of "Island Life". Visit our website to see our online gallery and do more shopping. You don't have to live on the islands to lead the "Island Lifestyle!"
New Orleans, Louisiana
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Cool place to stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

The art is unique and ranges in price. The frames are made out of old lobster trap wood for a nautical feel. The staff are willing to work with you and create a custom piece. The large giclee works are really nice.

Visited July 2014
lobzilla139, Owner at Lobster Trap Art Gallery, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
We are glad you liked our "cool" gallery and had an enjoyable experience in our store. We are also happy to hear you like our larger pieces of art on canvas! Be sure to check out our website and the next time you are in the Keys, stop by and see us. Nadine and Glenn

• Czech first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One the best little shops”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

This place has unique affordable gifts. The artists are always there and very friendly. They also will do custom jobs. I highly recommend!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our gallery. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and gave us a great recommendation. Hope to see you on your next visit to Islamorada. Nadine and Glenn
Aptos, California
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Loved this little place! Great souvenir from the Keys!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I wandered into this gallery after breakfast. I had actually seen this work down at Robbie's Marina and love the idea of the lobster trap picture frames. We wandered the gallery looking for something that would jump out at us. Very nice woman approached us and told us she was one of the artists. She told us some of the history of the artwork and that her husband painted the buildings while she did the animals. We left without purchasing anything as we needed to get to another spot. About an hour later we returned and were pleasantly surprised to get to meet the husband/artist who was there. I selected a Hemingway painting as my husband loved the home tour in Key West. I commented to the artist/husband that I preferred the frames with the barnacles on them. He quickly removed the picture from the plain frame and another man brought out several barnacle covered frames for me to choose from. After I selected one, he placed it in the frame and offered to autograph it to my husband. How exciting! Daughter decided on a small wolf picture and the artist/wife signed it for her too! We left with our wonderfully authentic locally made souvenirs. My husband was thrilled with the picture when I gave it to him!

1 Thank Da2011
Nadine and I are so glad you liked our gallery when you were down here in the Keys. I am glad I got to personalize the Hemingway House for your husband and Nadine got to personalize the wolf for your daughter. We hope when you come back to the Keys you will stop in and see us again! Glenn and Nadine
Saint Louis, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Incredibly unique art at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

It's been a while since we were in to visit Glenn and Nadine but we have purchased many items from them in the past and love every piece! Bright colors and something for everyone's taste and budget, this is a place you must visit if you get to the Keys!

Visited July 2013
lobzilla139, Owner at Lobster Trap Art Gallery, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
We are so glad you took the time to write a review. It is great to know you are still finding new items to enjoy at our Gallery! We hope to see you again on your next visit and really appreciate your continued patronage!
Laurel Springs, New Jersey
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Great stop for unique gifts, souvenirs !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We really liked this place with its unique nautical art made from
former lobster traps, gifts, jewelry, etc. We bought a great clever signs for a friend's shore house and some great earrings as gifts.
visited twice and would return again, very friendly and welcoming.

Visited May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We hope your custom sign was a perfect accessory for you friends shore house! Please come by again next time you are in the area. We'll have lots more original art and fun souvenirs for you to enjoy!