“A WEDDING TO REMEMBER.”
Review of Islander Resort

Islander Resort
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Islamorada
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My Dave and I have been to the Islander ... this is the third visit.....this time, was for our Wedding...July 29, 2014. 32 of our family were here, plus 14 friends, We are here for 2 weeks, the rest of the group for 6 days... This week with the kids has been spent having a wonderful time.

BAR STAFF" Vern "the bar guy", Brendan, "Restaurant Manager" and Tony "F&B Manager" have made this week a week to remember....Lou Lou, Danielle and all the girls at the bar are amazing..food at this resort is amazing, staff is so accomodating, and our family had the vacation of their lives.

WEDDING PLANNING" Diane, Carli, Connie, Robin, what can I say....you made my day the day of perfection. Everything was so amazing...Patrick and team who looked after us for two days..meet and greet and the wedding...were AMAZING in a word. Getting married away from home, at a place like this...they take all the worry away.

FRONT DESK CREW" all the needs of the family and kids were met...anything they needec..you attended to their needs 100%

BREAKFAST SERVERS" omellettes were amazing..having all our kids (32 of them) with their families..and all were looked after and said nothing but WOW this place is awesome.

ACCOMODATIONS" kids were in blocks of rows of rooms..had picnic tables and bbqs outside their room...kids bbqd every night...had a great family time together, and cannot stop talking about what a great family place it was..rooms were awesome..beds were great...clean and inviting.

Islander Resort, you made Dave and My Wedding with our familiy a time we will never forget. This is NOT the first time we will be here...you will tire from seeing our faces at the beach bar, enjoying the pina colodads and the rum and cokes......We will never ever begin to ever thank you enough for the two weeks of our life spent in Islamorada, when we started our life together......

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1  Thank vwgal2010
islander123, Director of Sales at Islander Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

VWGal -

Thank you for sharing your special day with us. We are so happy everyone had a great time. I'll be sure to tell the staff you mentioned everyone. They all really appreciate being recognized. Please share your wedding photos with us (on FaceBook or email?). Hope to see you all back for an anniversary trip next year ! Thank you, Karen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our family stayed 2 nights. We wish it were longer. The pools were great and the room was wonderful. Watching the sun rise over the beach was awesome. Beachfront it is!The staff was friendly and attentive. We were worried some because of previous reviews, we didn't need to. We didn't eat on site so I can't comment on the food. Our family would go back in a second. The location was good also.

Room Tip: Bring snorkel gear and have fun!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Arrived late due to rental car issues and was warmly greeted by a very friendly young lady. I asked for a quiet room and was given one to the side and away from the pool area. Our room was SPOTLESSLY clean and with beautiful ocean decor! The screened in porch was so welcome each morning to enjoy my coffee. We spent some time fishing off of the pier in the evenings and enjoyed returning to our very comfy beds each night after our very busy days. Although we didn't spend much time at the resort during our stay, the housekeeping staff that we encountered were so friendly and enjoyable. The grounds are breathtaking and yes, full of lizards but they enjoyed sharing the veggies off of my sandwich. When returning to the Keys, I have no reason to look anywhere else for our future stays. Islander resort was perfect!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kat721
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This resort was absolutely amazing and one of the best vacations I have ever had. The rooms were clean and had everything you need. The beds were so comfortable. The food in the restaurant was astounding and had such a great atmosphere. We had so much fun swimming in the 2 pools, sitting in the hot tub, playing shuffle board, lounging in the hammocks, snorkeling, fishing, and paddle boarding. So much stuff to do we ran out of time before we could try everything. To top it off the staff was wonderful and made me feel like I was at my home away from home.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Checked in last night n have the most horrible room compare to my last two stay. Air condition is super loud, room looks tired barely closet space for a 5 night stay. When I requested to change the room front desk was no help!!!!! For the price of this room might as well stay at lookout n price r cheaper n same room quality :(

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Funcity18
islander123, Director of Sales at Islander Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Hello Fun City - Please come to the front desk or call - ask for Robin or Chris and we'll get you taken care of. Thank you

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I cannot say it is a bad place to stay. In my opinion, the age, condition and size of a resort are conditions one must live with with a buyer-beware approach. The Islander is in affect, a collection of 1950's era motel rooms with a hit and miss approach to renovation. Which means do your homework. In my opinion CLEANLINESS is the one area any resort can improve on and where there should be no exceptions. This is where the Islander was lacking. We are a bare-foot bunch, but that was not possible here. Regarding the accommodations, pass on the one bedroom suite. The motel rooms are cheaper, bigger and nicer. In fact, we found out our one bedroom suite rate was comparable to the upscale Cheeca Lodge down the street. The two bedroom suites are bigger and nice. The rate for the one bedroom suite was based on what the resort called "Ocean View". In fact, to see the open water one needed to stand on a community porch. No view from the room. Staff was average. To end on a positive note, I can recommend the weekly pig roast luau. Pricey but nice.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for accommodations away from the road.
2  Thank Cerph
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We really loved our stay at the Islander. Ckeck-in was a breeze as I had confirmed everything with Connie who had helped me with my reservation. The staff were very helpful and friendly. It was nice chatting to Marlene at the Guy Harvey shop in the lobby. Beautiful clean rooms and bathrooms with super comfy beds. The pool area and beach is kept spotlessly clean. Great burgers at Guy's Beachside Bar & Grill. I wish we had met the guys at the Islander Watersports kiosk a bit sooner as they were great to chat to about fishing in the area. We just had such a relaxing time at the Islander and it was our perfect base to explore the Keys. Office staff, Eva and Charles were most helpful with my boarding passes that would not print. I was very sad to go. If you find a heart there... it's mine.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
islander123, Director of Sales at Islander Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We miss you too Merl808! It looks like the boarding passes worked to get you on your flight home. Hope you can come back soon. In the meeantime, I'll be sure to pass along your warm wishes to Connie, Marlene, Eva, Charles and the rest of the staff. Thank you

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islamorada
Amara Cay Resort
#1 of 2 in Duck Key
Drop Anchor Resort
Drop Anchor Resort
#3 of 19 in Islamorada

Been to Islander Resort? Share your experiences!