“Great choice!”

Ranked #6 of 95 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our charter captain recommended Chef Michael's to us while in Islamorada. This has got to be one of the best restaurants we've ever eaten at, and we travel A LOT! Wait staff is so very nice and helpful. Best ceviche I've ever eaten! My husband ordered the bone-in ribeye and we could not believe the size of it . . . couldn't finish it. My hogfish was divine! I highly recommend this restaurant!

2  Thank LMV251
Write a ReviewReviews (1,366)

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Wow!! I've eaten at A LOT of fine restaurants, and they pale in comparison to this place. It's laid back, but very nice.
Ordered wedge salad, and could've bathed in the vinaigrette! The rock shrimp bisque was amazing. Rich, deep, and flavorful with those succulent shrimp. Seafood pasta was huge and very very good! I can't imagine what could be bad here....that's why we go for dessert, right?? :)
I would make this 900+ mile trip just to eat here! Staying at Cheeca Lodge and opted out of their "fine dining" because of the negative reviews lately.
GO TO CHEF MICHAEL'S, couldn't ask for better!

1  Thank Joey-Tashia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Many places in the Keys for great food. Been dining for 20+ years in the upper keys. My wife has declared this to be her new favorite restaurant and I can't disagree. Only down side is there is no scenic view. But for an evening meal......you won't find any better.

1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 13 July 2014

When we arrived at Chef Michaels we asked to be seated outside, on the deck. We enjoyed a nice breeze and friendly service. We were told the specials for the night, including the fresh fish. We enjoyed the Lobster Ceviche which was amazing! We also order the Hog Snapper which tasted like it was just caught before dinner. This is the 2nd time I dined at Chef Michael. Both time the service and food were outstanding. This is not located on the beach. This is for great fish and great service...

1  Thank Bill Q
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The food was incredible. The cevice appetizer was unique and outstanding. The Chef cooked our catch to perfection suggesting two different sauces. The waitperson paired this with an outstanding wine. Needless to say, we took dessert home and enjoyed it the next night. The service and food were both impeccable. Great value for a higher end casual Keys dining experience.