“Wish we'd come here sooner”
Review of Chef Michael's

Chef Michael's
Ranked #6 of 96 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A warm, inviting dining room with colorful local art adorning the walls. Small, sleek bar serving fine wine and beer. Tropical veranda seating for a lovely alfreso dinner or Sunday brunch. Fresh Local fish and seafood, Prime steak, attentive, friendly service.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

My husband and I vacation in the keys ever August and every time we say: "We should try that place" then never do. Well this year, we did, and oh so wish that we had gone sooner.
The food is GOOD. We had a wonderful chardonnay and a ceviche to start. My husband had the fish trilogy and said it was one of the best things he's ever eaten. I had the vegetarian plate. A glorious plate of fresh roasted veggies. Each one tastier than the last.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Elegant restaurant specializing in locally caught fish. Their Hogfish is their speciality which was delicious- I'd order it again!! Key lime pie was divine. Highly recommend this restaurant that has friendly island service and a strong seafood menu. Nice place to get dressed up to attend but not too pretentious.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

Visited the restaurant for the first time to celebrate my birthday few weeks ago. The dinner was fabulous, the wine was great, and our server was wonderful until....we were rudely asked to leave because they had other customers waiting. There were other tables available. Plus, we weren't even finished drinking our coffee. I'm guessing it was their manager who came up to us and told us we've been there for too long, and since they are a small place, they need our table. He did not offer to move us to another table or perhaps to the bar. Perfect evening ruined by someone who needs to be educated on how to treat their customers. I actually contacted Chef Michael himself, regretfully did not get any reply.

1  Thank tinnochka
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Had a wonderful dinner here on our last night of vacation in Islamorada. The fish was outstanding, I had the hogfish, and my husband had the lion fish. Both were just melt in your mouth delicious! Service was amazing, I think we had 4 people waiting on us within the first 5 minutes! Dessert was cheesecake and carrot cake, yumm! We will definitely be going back the next time we are in the Keys!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

A dream come true. Every dish we had was heavenly, the wine pairing suggestions were superb. The service and atmosphere was top-notch. This place has class! We were there to celebrate a birthday and they comped the birthday dessert.