“Small place, great food”

Islamorada Shrimp Shack
Ranked #18 of 93 Restaurants in Islamorada
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Macon, Georgia
“Small place, great food”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stopped here while exploring the Keys on motorcycles. They had great raw oysters BUT the crackers were stale. Hope they stay on that because the rest of the meal was great. I had the fresh catch which was a Mahi prepared continental style. It tasted even better than it sounded on the menu. The server recommended a rice pilaf for my side which was an excellent compliment. Trust the servers here. They push what's good, not what's making the house money! I would definitely eat here again.

Edmond, Oklahoma
“Love their Shrimp & Grits!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We discovered this gem while staying a week in Tavernier back in 2012, and enjoyed it so much we had several delicious dinners and a lunch.

Each meal was fresh, tasty and presented very nicely on the serving plate.

Besides the great food another reason we probably returned so many times during the week was the warm and friendly manner extended to us by the staff and owner.

So naturally when our trip this year took us from Ft Lauderdale to Key West by car it was a "must stop" opportunity for us to enjoy their wonderful Shrimp & Grits once again.

We were not disappointed, the dish was superb!

The shrimp were fresh, plentiful & meaty, the grits were perfectly cooked and just the right portion, the sauce was so delicious we found ourselves running our fingers around the edges of the bowl to get the remains - LOL.

Because we arrived in between the lunch and dinner service the wonderful fresh rolls they make in-house were unfortunately not ready when we were there.

We can't wait for our next opportunity to visit the Islamorada Shrimp Shack again and strongly encourage you to stop in to enjoy them for yourself!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Shrimp”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have been here several times. It is casual and clean. I order the same thing every time.....cannot seem to try anything else. It is the Key lime shrimp with angel hair pasta. Makes me hungry just talking about it.

Visited April 2014
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Not a Tourist trap”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The shrimp shack is a great down home local seafood place, my wife and I visited twice during our 5 day stay. We both got different things to eat just to try everything and wow it is worth the stop and time, very laid back, I noticed a lot of local fishermen ate here.

New York
“Great food and not just for shrimp lovers!”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'm not a shell fish fan, I ordered the Chicken Cordon Bleu and loved it. Came with a side of zucchini cooked in key lime butter. We arrived during happy hour and enjoyed $2.50 margaritas. They were light on the liquor but still very tasty. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The hostess was sitting down to eat her shrimp & linguine and insisted that we try it. It was so good my husband changed his order to get that instead.

Fair prices in Islamorada - hard to find. I will definitely go back to the Shrimp Shack.

• Visited April 2014